Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 24 Nov 2004, 10:50 (Ref:1162638)   #1
Super Tourer
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
East Anglia
Super Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Motorsport News Top 10

In their F1 season review MN list their top 10 drivers.

1. Michael Schumacher
2. Jenson Button
3. Rubens Barrichello
4. Fernando Alonso
5. Kimi Raikkonen
6. Ginacarlo Fisichella
7. Juan Pablo Montoya
8. Nick Heidfeld
9. Mark Webber
10.Takuma Sato
Old 24 Nov 2004, 11:11 (Ref:1162649)   #2
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
How can Rubens be third? He was in the ebst car, but only finished in the top 2 in half the races. They've severely under-rated Kimi there, and putting Alonso 4th when trulli doens't make the top 10 is clearly ridiculous.
Old 24 Nov 2004, 11:35 (Ref:1162659)   #3
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Re: Motorsport News Top 10

Quote:
Originally posted by Super Tourer

1. Michael Schumacher
2. Jenson Button
3. Rubens Barrichello
4. Fernando Alonso
5. Kimi Raikkonen
6. Ginacarlo Fisichella
7. Juan Pablo Montoya
8. Nick Heidfeld
9. Mark Webber
10.Takuma Sato
Hmm,

1 & 2 are ok although persdonally I'd reverse them on the basis of effort. (JB had more to do to achieve 3rd in the championship than MS did to win it). And that doesn't mean I'm knocking MS.

Certainly Trulli out performed Fernando in the first half of the season and I'd put them at Trulli 3rd, Alonso 4th.

Kimi comes in at 5th, JPM because he tried so hard 6th.

Fisi 7th because he's got to be somewhere.

Sato 8t, Mark W 9th and RB 10th because as Boots says, he had the best car under him and made things look difficult.
Old 24 Nov 2004, 12:10 (Ref:1162681)   #4
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally posted by BootsOntheSide
How can Rubens be third? He was in the ebst car, but only finished in the top 2 in half the races.
Totally agree, Rubens didn't challenge TGF anywhere near enough, he had a distinctly average year. To achieve anything other than top 2 in the championship would have involved not turning up most weekends. Given the huge car advantage Ferrari had Rubens should have done much better.

As for the rest of the list I'd swap Jenson and Michael (Jenson had to work harder to get his results). Kimi was hamstrung by a shoddy car early on so I guess he got dinged for that. Alonsos season was the total opposite of Trullis and I really don't think he deserves to be that high up the list as Trulli doesn't even figure.

My top ten would be:

1) Jenson Button
2) Michael Schumacher
3) Giancarlo Fisichella
4) Kimi Raikkonen
5) Takuma Sato
6) Juan Pablo Montoya
7) Nick Heidfeld
8) Mark Webber
9) Jarno Trulli (purely on early form)
10) Fernando Alonso (for the 2nd half)
Old 24 Nov 2004, 12:16 (Ref:1162689)   #5
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I guess I'm not hugely fussed, but I'd certainly agree with those who've suggested reversing Jenson and Michael (For the reasons given), although on that basis I'd also be happy for Fisi to be higher, as I think he aspired to greater things than the likes of JPM and Kimi.
Old 24 Nov 2004, 12:25 (Ref:1162698)   #6
Super Tourer
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
East Anglia
Super Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
If Heidfeld makes it easily into the top 10 on the basis he drove the wheels off a hugely uncompetitive car, by the same logic I don't see Rubens merits third for plainly not driving the wheels off the most competitive car on the grid!

Having said that, lists are purely subjective, get 10 people in a room and you'll get 10 different order's - which is why top 10 'anythings' are such fun really.

Last edited by Super Tourer; 24 Nov 2004 at 12:55.
Old 24 Nov 2004, 13:03 (Ref:1162721)   #7
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I wouldn't put Fisi high upi purely because I like upsetting Inigo Montoya!!!!
Old 24 Nov 2004, 15:10 (Ref:1162827)   #8
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I'd say Motorsport News' list is the least accurate so far, although I would (grudgingly) put Michael on top).
Old 24 Nov 2004, 16:40 (Ref:1162903)   #9
Snrub
Veteran

Canada
London, Ontario, Canada
Snrub should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSnrub should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Regarding RB, I guess the last few races sort of redeemed him, but I'm not so sure he deserves 3rd. I'm not sure why Alonso's lackluster season deserves 4th.

Last edited by Snrub; 24 Nov 2004 at 16:41.
Old 24 Nov 2004, 16:45 (Ref:1162909)   #10
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Alonso 4th? Pffff. Trulli wiped the floor with him until Flav played games.

Barrichello 3rd? Heidfeld outperformed him (although you rarely saw it) in a JORDAN!!!

Trulli should be in the top ten.
Old 24 Nov 2004, 16:49 (Ref:1162919)   #11
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
How was this top 10 compiled? By adding each MN rating from each GP?

Because the fellow who does the scoring for those ratings is an absolute idiot, so this odd top 10 is to be expected.
Old 24 Nov 2004, 18:41 (Ref:1163031)   #12
Tweed
Veteran

Wales
North Wales
Tweed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Jeepers, agree with everyone on Barrichello, and Raikkonen's been done a disservice.
Old 24 Nov 2004, 18:58 (Ref:1163049)   #13
Super Tourer
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
East Anglia
Quote:
Originally posted by knowlesy
How was this top 10 compiled? By adding each MN rating from each GP?

Because the fellow who does the scoring for those ratings is an absolute idiot, so this odd top 10 is to be expected.
It's complied by Simon Arron, who I have to say has amused me in the past with his driver performance summaries....

Knowlesy do you like him or not.....:confused:
Old 24 Nov 2004, 19:20 (Ref:1163079)   #14
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
They forgot Trulli, Rubens is much too high and IMHO Button is a little too high. Although, for me, it is mightly close between Button, Kimi, Fisi and possible Heidfeld.
Old 24 Nov 2004, 19:26 (Ref:1163086)   #15
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Well it's "arront" nonesence then.
Old 24 Nov 2004, 19:57 (Ref:1163114)   #16
Rich R
Veteran

United Kingdom
dudley uk
Rich R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i'd have put baumgartner at 10 for effort alone.
Old 24 Nov 2004, 20:01 (Ref:1163119)   #17
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Re: Motorsport News Top 10

Quote:
Originally posted by Super Tourer

1. Michael Schumacher
2. Jenson Button
3. Rubens Barrichello
4. Fernando Alonso
5. Kimi Raikkonen
6. Ginacarlo Fisichella
7. Juan Pablo Montoya
8. Nick Heidfeld
9. Mark Webber
10.Takuma Sato
Tukuma 10th no way, Mark Webber in the top ten I'm not sure about.
Nick Heidfeld with 3 points scored 8th :confused: don't understand, and I feel Ralf Schumacher should be up there although he missed a few races.

Massa and Trulli should have been in the top ten.

My version: *Drums rolll*

1. Michael Schumacher
2. Jenson Button
3. Rubens Barrichello
4. Juan Pablo Montoya
5. Kimi Raikkonen
6. Tukuma Sato
7. Ferando Alonso
8. Jarno Trulli
9. Gincarlo Fisichella
10. Pelipe Massa

I have choose this with in mind how well the drivers have done and comparing them with what they were able to other with machinery in mind.

Last edited by luke; 24 Nov 2004 at 20:02.
Old 24 Nov 2004, 20:12 (Ref:1163132)   #18
ss_collins
Veteran

Nigeria
Mooresville, NC
ss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Zsolt B is my no.1
Old 24 Nov 2004, 21:28 (Ref:1163206)   #19
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I must admit ST, I have had a giggle at some of mr Arrons ratings, but he seems to hand out stupid scores. Half the field will get 0/10 and the other half 10/10. it is somewhat unbalanced!

As for whether I like him.....how do you mean?