Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 5 Mar 2018, 13:58 (Ref:3805922)   #1126
LMPFan
Rookie

LMPFan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sarrazin Joins SMP For WEC ‘Super Season’

http://www.dailysportscar.com/2018/0...er-season.html
Old 9 Mar 2018, 19:49 (Ref:3807130)   #1127
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
http://www.motorsport-total.com/24-s...ehren-18030901

[Google translate] "-- It's not that we have to start from scratch, our developers often portray this as starting from scratch, but that's not the case as we've been working on the products in parallel at all times see if there's a chance we'll return to the LMP1 category in 2020."

I guess they could make their way back by then if a party, or parties wanted to have something no-one else has, particularly in changing conditions. But in reality I think they would need to nominate a so called "Dunlop works team" (like they did with JMW) if they want to have clear assurance of presence

It's interesting times for them considering Michelin's been slowly creeping up to their feet in LMP2 too (not talking about the spec monopoly deal for IMSA but otherwise as well)

Last edited by Deleted; 9 Mar 2018 at 20:00.
Old 10 Mar 2018, 16:34 (Ref:3807251)   #1128
NSX_LeMans
Racer

NSX_LeMans should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I know this is the '18-'19 thread, but...

Interlagos has added floodlights to the track, which has sparked some rumours about a Mil Milhas revival.

On March 8, some journalists got an e-mail where it says there is an announcement to be done on March 22, the e-mail also says "We are going back to Brazil." There are all kind of rumours going on, just another music festival, a MotoGP comeback, the return of WEC, etc. But at the bottom of the image there is the n.duduch Motorsports logo. They worked with WEC in 2013 and 2014, if I remember correctly.
And yesterday, brazilian journalist Rodrigo Mattar has said there more people talking about the WEC return around here.
Old 10 Mar 2018, 17:06 (Ref:3807255)   #1129
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
My love for the circuit has fallen with the FIA sanitations and seemingly ever worsening crime rate in the city that bothers the events held there, and I don't understand why they'd need new floodlights considering the 2007 did just fine, HOWEVER it is (was) a historical event with heritage... so it would be welcomed and add more of that long wanted event variety.

Also with the event having a merit of being more than just a "random round of the championship" it'd fix at least some of the calendar spacing in the winter-time, if it's still a 7 race schedule like whispered by the ACO

So sth like

Sep) Silverstone 6 Hours
Oct) Fuji 6 Hours
Nov) Shanghai 6 Hours
Dec) Mil Milhas Brasil 1000 Miles
Mar) Sebring 1500 Miles
May) Spa 6 Hours
Jun) Le Mans 24 Hours

Or (preferably)

Nov) Mil Milhas Brasil 1000 Miles
Dec) Fuji 6 Hours
Jan) Shanghai 6 Hours
Mar) Sebring 1500 Miles
Apr) Silverstone 6 Hours
May) Spa 6 Hours
Jun) Le Mans 24 Hours

No Bahrain

Last edited by Deleted; 10 Mar 2018 at 17:17.
Old 10 Mar 2018, 20:10 (Ref:3807268)   #1130
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
My love for the circuit has fallen with the FIA sanitations and seemingly ever worsening crime rate in the city that bothers the events held there, and I don't understand why they'd need new floodlights considering the 2007 did just fine, HOWEVER it is (was) a historical event with heritage... so it would be welcomed and add more of that long wanted event variety.

Also with the event having a merit of being more than just a "random round of the championship" it'd fix at least some of the calendar spacing in the winter-time, if it's still a 7 race schedule like whispered by the ACO

So sth like

Sep) Silverstone 6 Hours
Oct) Fuji 6 Hours
Nov) Shanghai 6 Hours
Mar) Sebring 1500 Miles
May) Spa 6 Hours
Jun) Le Mans 24 Hours

Or (preferably)

Dec) Fuji 6 Hours
Jan) Shanghai 6 Hours
Mar) Sebring 1500 Miles
Apr) Silverstone 6 Hours
May) Spa 6 Hours
Jun) Le Mans 24 Hours

No Bahrain
Throw an event somewhere in February in your ideal schedule please.
Old 11 Mar 2018, 00:14 (Ref:3807291)   #1131
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Quote:

So sth like

Sep) Silverstone 6 Hours
Oct) Fuji 6 Hours
Nov) Shanghai 6 Hours
Mar) Sebring 1500 Miles
May) Spa 6 Hours
Jun) Le Mans 24 Hours

Or (preferably)

Dec) Fuji 6 Hours
Jan) Shanghai 6 Hours
Mar) Sebring 1500 Miles
Apr) Silverstone 6 Hours
May) Spa 6 Hours
Jun) Le Mans 24 Hours

No Bahrain
Fuji in December is not a good idea! They should do it after Le Mans in September with Silverstone in late July.
Old 11 Mar 2018, 00:19 (Ref:3807292)   #1132
Deleted
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
Fuji in December is not a good idea! They should do it after Le Mans in September with Silverstone in late July.
Why? They already have ASLMS event there in December and seemingly always in better weather than with the October date... plus no chance of conflict with F1 (or pretty much anything else for that matter)

In fact I can't for the life of me understand why they didn't move the date there for this year already - as the weekend's already reserved for ACO - with the Alonso/PLM fiasco in the horizon. Plus it's not like anyone's going to watch ASLMS by itself anyway so have them be there together.

The added benefit in December(/January) would be making the gaps during the season shorter. Silverstone in late July for example would be absolute madness, only one month "off season" and then the other 6 indicated races would be span across 11 months... gigantic gaps

Last edited by Deleted; 11 Mar 2018 at 00:25.
Old 11 Mar 2018, 08:55 (Ref:3807318)   #1133
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Agreed with Chiana on his Fuji date. I don't see a problem with it. I wouldn't touch January and February though, as those would be problematic for those wanting to run Daytona. (Not that this logic has stopped them screwing over the Petit runners, but hey).

I'm a big fan of what WEC and ELMS do at Silverstone. I would do the Fuji AsLMS race in the same way. Combined WEC event.
Old 12 Mar 2018, 04:15 (Ref:3807450)   #1134
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Asian LMS has a tiny following. So they take what they can get. The WEC has Toyota who owns the place. They are definitely in a position where they can say they want a race in the warm months to get a bigger crowd. It's already one of the best attended rounds in the WEC. The only thing that needs to be in consideration is the other local series like Super GT/Formula. But during the Summer or early Autumn I think is a fine time of year. Fuji probably gets a little cold in December. That might turn away fans.
Old 12 Mar 2018, 09:41 (Ref:3807481)   #1135
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
35 Cars For The FIA WEC Prologue At Circuit Paul Ricard.

Just one of the Rebellion R13's will be ready in time.
Old 12 Mar 2018, 11:25 (Ref:3807485)   #1136
JLGarcia
Racer

JLGarcia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJLGarcia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Shouldn't they reschedule this to accommodate Alonso's schedule?
Old 12 Mar 2018, 16:16 (Ref:3807524)   #1137
TF110
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLGarcia View Post
Shouldn't they reschedule this to accommodate Alonso's schedule?
They should already have scheduled it not to conflict with F1 weekends. The sad part is that F1 is expanding it's races so that'll make it harder for the other FIA series to avoid things like IMSA dates.
Old 12 Mar 2018, 17:19 (Ref:3807539)   #1138
Deleted
Veteran

Along with basic live timing that runs through the whole thing, I wish they'd at least provide us with static CCTV camera of the start/finish straight for the test. But I bet the only things we'll get from the whole week once again are dry press releases, random twitter updates, 3 minute ACO youtube clip with cringe worthy orchestral music, PDFs from alkamel after the conclusion and (if lucky) short delayed RLM interview recap.
Old 12 Mar 2018, 20:19 (Ref:3807569)   #1139
NSX_LeMans
Racer

NSX_LeMans should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Brazilian journalist Rodrigo Mattar said he has received an invitation to be on the announcement of the WEC return.
He says the race will be in December 2019 and will very likely be held in Interlagos.
Emerson Fittipaldi will no longer be involved.
Old 12 Mar 2018, 21:14 (Ref:3807576)   #1140
Deleted
Veteran

I just really really hope it is genuine Mil Milhas Brasil resurrection, and not just generic 6 Hours of Interlagos rebranded as such

But anyway obviously if it's going to be in Brazil, they're not gonna bother with Curitiba or those other "Grade whatever" circuits, it's going to be Interlagos
Old 12 Mar 2018, 21:15 (Ref:3807577)   #1141
TF110
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Along with basic live timing that runs through the whole thing, I wish they'd at least provide us with static CCTV camera of the start/finish straight for the test. But I bet the only things we'll get from the whole week once again are dry press releases, random twitter updates, 3 minute ACO youtube clip with cringe worthy orchestral music, PDFs from alkamel after the conclusion and (if lucky) short delayed RLM interview recap.
I hope it's more. Even a static camera is still cool if it is more than one of them. I too have doubts about extended coverage of the prologue, but if I were the WEC I would seriously look into it to get the word out about the super season, even if Alonso isn't going to be there.
Old 12 Mar 2018, 21:23 (Ref:3807580)   #1142
Deleted
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
I hope it's more. Even a static camera is still cool if it is more than one of them. I too have doubts about extended coverage of the prologue, but if I were the WEC I would seriously look into it to get the word out about the super season, even if Alonso isn't going to be there.
Yes!

And it's the same exact issue with Le Mans Test Day, it's essentially worthless if you're not at the circuit. There was one year where they provided CCTV shots (2013) and then the next (2014) where they had actual proper cameras - albeit still static - overhead the circuit, but then they gave up for no reason and we are back to stone age again with crap-tastic non-coverage.

It's even more insult to injury considering that unlike in the past these tests are now force-madatory for the teams, yet no-one can see them (I don't consider second hand social media clips as such)

The only upside of Test Day coverage in contrast to HTTT is that at least LT, RLM cover it live, but most of the time if you can't catch the sessions live you're screwed anyway because their on-demand archiving is sketchy at best.

Last edited by Deleted; 12 Mar 2018 at 21:35.
Old 13 Mar 2018, 08:52 (Ref:3807709)   #1143
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Endurance-Info has picked up on the interesting representation of a prototype on the poster for the first round of the Super Season.

Old 13 Mar 2018, 11:13 (Ref:3807728)   #1144
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I know it will be after the fact but I hope someone posts some good footage of the new cars from the Prologue. Looking forward to seeing and hearing them all.
Old 13 Mar 2018, 17:15 (Ref:3807763)   #1145
Koenigsegg
Veteran

Netherlands
Netherlands
Koenigsegg should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03 View Post
Endurance-Info has picked up on the interesting representation of a prototype on the poster for the first round of the Super Season.

That's an Oreca 07, though.
Old 13 Mar 2018, 20:09 (Ref:3807785)   #1146
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Yes!

And it's the same exact issue with Le Mans Test Day, it's essentially worthless if you're not at the circuit. There was one year where they provided CCTV shots (2013) and then the next (2014) where they had actual proper cameras - albeit still static - overhead the circuit, but then they gave up for no reason and we are back to stone age again with crap-tastic non-coverage.

It's even more insult to injury considering that unlike in the past these tests are now force-madatory for the teams, yet no-one can see them (I don't consider second hand social media clips as such)
They did some analysis on how much uptake there was. Apparently very few people watched it to justify the, even small, cost. The teams didn’t want to fund it for the same reason. I believe that they only had two people watch for more than ten seconds, only 50% of them were active on social media to talk about it and they didn’t talk about the cars at all, just about the run off and how it wasn’t as good as previous years.

Quote:
The only upside of Test Day coverage in contrast to HTTT is that at least LT, RLM cover it live, but most of the time if you can't catch the sessions live you're screwed anyway because their on-demand archiving is sketchy at best.
Some people say this is because after a long stint they have to pack up and travel. This is not the case, they just like winding up people. It’s one of their perks for providing a free service.

All of this is a lie, BTW. However I owe Chiana a beer.
Old 13 Mar 2018, 20:33 (Ref:3807789)   #1147
Deleted
Veteran

Ha ha funny
Old 13 Mar 2018, 20:39 (Ref:3807790)   #1148
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!

As you can tell I’m done with the off season now and up for some track action.
Old 13 Mar 2018, 22:02 (Ref:3807803)   #1149
EffectiveSprinkles
Veteran

EffectiveSprinkles User had had their licence endorsedEffectiveSprinkles User had had their licence endorsed
Please. The off-season is absolutely terrible there's no racing, it's cold as **** outside and the 'racing press' is even worse than usual because there's nothing to write about. At least I don't follow F1 anymore which is even worse!
Old 14 Mar 2018, 13:57 (Ref:3807960)   #1150
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
Where I live it's supposed to be the middle of March but it feels like how it should've about a month ago. Watching old Sebring races on You Tube make me wish it was warmer that much more.