Veteran

skells22 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
N. Hulkenberg turn for a gear box penalty which is 5 places
Old 29 Apr 2018, 00:43 (Ref:3817979)   #27
chavez
Veteran

Australia
The Basin, Victoria
chavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by skells22 View Post
N. Hulkenberg turn for a gear box penalty which is 5 places
Leaps up the points table to be equal leader.
Old 29 Apr 2018, 10:45 (Ref:3818046)   #28
F1Guy
Veteran

Antarctica
Driving dangerously
F1Guy User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Take 5 Mr Grosjean.

Old 7 May 2018, 21:17 (Ref:3820659)   #29
skells22
Veteran

and Sirokin has 3 for this weekend race (that due to the 1st lap of the Baku GP)

I think we need an update please
Old 7 May 2018, 21:30 (Ref:3820671)   #30
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
And Sirotkin didn’t even get interviewed before the penalty. There seems to be quite a few grid penalties this season
Old 8 May 2018, 10:48 (Ref:3820770)   #31
F1Guy
Veteran

Antarctica
Driving dangerously
Quote:
and Sirokin has 3 for this weekend race (that due to the 1st lap of the Baku GP)
Maybe, maybe not.

Car number 17??

Last edited by F1Guy; 8 May 2018 at 10:53.
Old 8 May 2018, 10:57 (Ref:3820773)   #32
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Disappointed to see no teams championship alongside this...
Old 8 May 2018, 13:02 (Ref:3820792)   #33
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1Guy View Post
Maybe, maybe not.

Appeal rejected. Penalty remains.

FIA seem pretty critical of Williams at the same time - listing 10 reasons for rejecting the appeal....
Old 9 May 2018, 00:16 (Ref:3820933)   #34
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
Appeal rejected. Penalty remains.

FIA seem pretty critical of Williams at the same time - listing 10 reasons for rejecting the appeal....
With, we the stewards will just do as we please and you will accept it:

"9. Differing penalties imposed or incidents where no further action was taken, cannot be regarded as a new element."
Old 9 May 2018, 02:50 (Ref:3820946)   #35
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Can we have an update, before this weekend's Spanish Gp?
Old 9 May 2018, 08:11 (Ref:3820970)   #36
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Remember when qualifying used to decide the grid? Happy days!
Old 9 May 2018, 10:23 (Ref:3820998)   #37
AdrianM
Racer

AdrianM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Liberty now saying they want to abolish all grid penalties.

Cue people on FB and Twitter saying what a great idea that is followed a few races after it happens by the same people moaning about teams not getting grid penalties for deliberate acts.
Old 9 May 2018, 10:30 (Ref:3821002)   #38
F1Guy
Veteran

Antarctica
Driving dangerously
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianM View Post
Not entirely true. FOM are looking to change the gearbox penalty rules (from 2021) to something like what is currently in place for PU.

Example; 3 gearboxes per driver per year. Change gearboxes whenever you feel like it, but if you use more than 3 you will receive a penalty.
Old 9 May 2018, 10:40 (Ref:3821003)   #39
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1Guy View Post
Not entirely true. FOM are looking to change the gearbox penalty rules (from 2021) to something like what is currently in place for PU.
With their overall aim to be abolishing grid penalties - Whiting: "We would like to get rid of all grid penalties, if we could,"
Old 9 May 2018, 13:59 (Ref:3821041)   #40
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:

Cue people on FB and Twitter saying what a great idea that is followed a few races after it happens by the same people moaning about teams not getting grid penalties for deliberate acts.
If it's deliberate, then impose the penalty or fine the team.
Old 9 May 2018, 14:03 (Ref:3821042)   #41
S griffin
Veteran

Exactly, don’t punish every mistake
Old 9 May 2018, 18:13 (Ref:3821107)   #42
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:

It may sound obvious, but I think the goal of grid penalties is to impact race results. Such as you do something wrong, you should not be rewarded with standing on the podium.

If we talk about other types of penalties (i.e. points, or monetary fines), then we increase the risk of situations in which someone "wins" the race, but really doesn't win (i.e. no or reduced points) or the win was bought (i.e. financial penalty allows unfair advantage to remain). Fan outcry will be just as intense.

I think the solution for grid penalties is to... rework the rules so that it is less likely for teams to incur infractions that would trigger grid penalties. With many being longevity requirements that clearly manufactures have a hard time achieving. In short, clearly the system of power unit component longevity requirement is the root cause and is broken. Fix that, not the penalty system.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
If it's deliberate, then impose the penalty or fine the team.
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Exactly, don’t punish every mistake
I would love to see how rules can be written in a way to segregate purposeful and accidental infractions. Can of worms!

"Sorry! We didn't mean for the car to be underweight! We will do better next time. We do get to keep the win right?"

Richard
Old 9 May 2018, 20:12 (Ref:3821133)   #43
S griffin
Veteran

Really it’s got to a point, where qualifying can be completely irrelevant. Really I think they need to tread carefully with these grid penalties

But we should still punish illegal things, no excuse for a car being underweight or too wide
Old 13 May 2018, 17:24 (Ref:3822137)   #44
skells22
Veteran

Hartley had to change a gearbox after his FP3 prang = 5 place grid drop
Grosjean causes the pile up = 3 place grid drop for next GP

Grosjean I think takes the lead in the penalty champilonship
Old 13 May 2018, 19:14 (Ref:3822161)   #45
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Hartley had to change a gearbox after his FP3 prang = 5 place grid drop
Grosjean causes the pile up = 3 place grid drop for next GP

Grosjean I think takes the lead in the penalty championship
To be honest. I'd have grounded him for Monaco after that. I think he can count himself lucky.
Old 13 May 2018, 19:49 (Ref:3822167)   #46
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
To be honest. I'd have grounded him for Monaco after that. I think he can count himself lucky.
Im with you.... that (three place penalty) equates to one penalty position for each car whose race he destroyed. Not enough.
Old 13 May 2018, 19:53 (Ref:3822169)   #47
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
He’s gone back to the Grosjean of old
Old 13 May 2018, 20:14 (Ref:3822176)   #48
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
It certainly seems that way. I can't see Haas putting up with his mistakes for much longer.
Old 27 May 2018, 13:06 (Ref:3824919)   #49
skells22
Veteran

5 places again for Max Verstappen for change of gearbox and also keep this in. He also on his 3rd MGH of the year meaning there another pen coming up for him for when that next happens
Old 4 Jun 2018, 20:59 (Ref:3826850)   #50
skells22
Veteran

10 place grid pen for Riccardo as Red Bull confirmed for a MGU-K change