Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 23 Apr 2008, 19:34 (Ref:2185146)   #51
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
V8 Supercars is a VERY nationalistic sport, haha. You're born into either a Holden(GM) or Ford household, and that dictates who you go for. You live for the other manufacturer to lose. We in the US are the same way, except we have GM, Ford, and Chrysler/Dodge households. If you want to run those Euro cars, set up a SuperStars championship.
Old 24 Apr 2008, 01:32 (Ref:2185407)   #52
Jonerz
Veteran

United States
Youston
Jonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yeah, I have to agree with Matt. My dream was American cars in an American series (though Oz inspired.) I think the German, and Japanese boys are welcome to run in the American Le Mans Series!

Chris
Old 24 Apr 2008, 12:49 (Ref:2185733)   #53
werner
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam, the Netherlands
werner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridwerner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
(provocation mode on) It's only because the American cars would lose big time from the European and Japanese competitors. (provocation mode of)
When you confine yourself to 2 or 3 manufacturers you must really watch out that you will eiter have the opportunity that drivers with the same brand fight as hard to eachother as to drivers with other cars, or that the cars are really matched-> Spec racing or rigourous waivers and penaltyweights. It can go well (Ozzie V8, Fia GT2) But also wrong (DTM, WTCC) It's better to have more manufacturers if it's possible though (BTCC, Fia GT1)
Old 24 Apr 2008, 18:43 (Ref:2185956)   #54
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by werner
(provocation mode on) It's only because the American cars would lose big time from the European and Japanese competitors. (provocation mode of)
When you confine yourself to 2 or 3 manufacturers you must really watch out that you will eiter have the opportunity that drivers with the same brand fight as hard to eachother as to drivers with other cars, or that the cars are really matched-> Spec racing or rigourous waivers and penaltyweights. It can go well (Ozzie V8, Fia GT2) But also wrong (DTM, WTCC) It's better to have more manufacturers if it's possible though (BTCC, Fia GT1)
It wouldn't bother me one bit if a GM driver crashed into, or battled with another GM driver. Those are racing deals, as long as a GM driver wins it, that is all that matters, well, to me. DTM is so ****ing dumb anyways, team orders that blatant, they should be disappointed.
Old 24 Apr 2008, 19:13 (Ref:2185991)   #55
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
I think I've already posted in this thread, but while playing GT Legends I came up with another series, I would really like.

The Mini/Abarth Challenge
Elegible cars: Abarth 500 and Mini Cooper S
Other cars from the same class might compete as well, but those two are a must.
Engines: turbo-charging is allowed and the cars should have around 200bhp.
Bodywork: No wings, every thing else is up to the teams
Race format: 2x15 minutes, separated by a 10 minute repair break
Necessarily,the calender would focus on small and twisty tracks, as the cars would be quite lost at bigger circuits

Calender:
- Valencia (WTCC weekend)
- Adria
- Zolder
- Nürburgring (national circuit; DTM weekend)
- Assen (with some bike races)
- something twisty in Sweden
- Enna Pergusa
- Pau (WTCC weekend)
- that crazy street circuit in Portugal, not Porto.

Just bad-ass, mean-spirited small car racing...

Last edited by Speed-King; 24 Apr 2008 at 19:19.
Old 24 Apr 2008, 19:31 (Ref:2186002)   #56
Mr Pink
Veteran

Sweden
Sweden
Mr Pink should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed-King
I think I've already posted in this thread, but while playing GT Legends I came up with another series, I would really like.

The Mini/Abarth Challenge
Elegible cars: Abarth 500 and Mini Cooper S
Other cars from the same class might compete as well, but those two are a must.
Engines: turbo-charging is allowed and the cars should have around 200bhp.
Bodywork: No wings, every thing else is up to the teams
Race format: 2x15 minutes, separated by a 10 minute repair break
Necessarily,the calender would focus on small and twisty tracks, as the cars would be quite lost at bigger circuits

Calender:
- Valencia (WTCC weekend)
- Adria
- Zolder
- Nürburgring (national circuit; DTM weekend)
- Assen (with some bike races)
- something twisty in Sweden
- Enna Pergusa
- Pau (WTCC weekend)
- that crazy street circuit in Portugal, not Porto.

Just bad-ass, mean-spirited small car racing...
Now that would be cool! I think they would look pretty good batteling it out around Knutstorp or Gotland Ring (for the swedish event).
I think the VAG concern would be interessted in that also.
Old 24 Apr 2008, 19:54 (Ref:2186017)   #57
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Ah, and I would try to have a race at Monaco with F1.