Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > National & Club Racing

Old 12 Apr 2006, 06:46 (Ref:1579177)   #1
DriversKnow
Racer

European Union
Staffordshire
DriversKnow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Great and British Festival - Brands Hatch 30 Apr

EuroBoss has now been added to the schedule for the Dunlop Great and British Festival at Brands Hatch. This will be the only chance to hear V10 F1 cars in the UK this year, (well, apart from the Toro Rossos........)

In addition, there is a real Mini theme to the programme, with Miglias and Se7ens joining the new Minis.

http://www.driversknow.com/greatBritishFestivals/news/
Old 13 Apr 2006, 12:11 (Ref:1580340)   #2
BOSSman
Veteran

BOSSman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by DriversKnow
EuroBoss has now been added to the schedule for the Dunlop Great and British Festival at Brands Hatch. This will be the only chance to hear V10 F1 cars in the UK this year, (well, apart from the Toro Rossos........)
Very nice to hear, that EuroBOSS will support the Great and British Festival at Brands Hatch!
...and yes, that is correct...the only chance to hear (more than two) V10 F1 cars in the UK this year.

Here you can find the provisional Entrylist:
http://tentenths.com/forum/showthrea...t=70210&page=3

Christian
EuroBOSS-Racing
Old 21 Apr 2006, 08:57 (Ref:1590595)   #3
DriversKnow
Racer

European Union
Staffordshire
There will also be a track parade at lunchtime for anyone turning up in a Mini. (Or a MINI.)
Old 23 Apr 2006, 10:19 (Ref:1592607)   #4
gixxer
Veteran

England
trowbridge wilts
gixxer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So does that mean that future rounds could be subject to change if you are going to have a headline race or a theme?

When you arrive at Castle Combe is there special planned as more than likely it'll be packed,even though that last few years have been with F3/GT with the right advertising [which the circuit seem to be very good at] i cannot see any reason why this meeting should not be well attended.

Easter ay Combe just proved that,it was very busy i'd very supprised if there wasn't 9,000 to 10,000 there

i'm also glad to see the radical races have 40 min races so more can be put into the timetable giving better value for money for us spectators

Pity the Euro Boss could not come back to combe but i think noise issue's would put a stop to that happening anyway
Old 23 Apr 2006, 14:07 (Ref:1592757)   #5
kipper
Veteran

England
Leics
kipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridkipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by gixxer
So does that mean that future rounds could be subject to change if you are going to have a headline race or a theme?
I would imagine that the content of the meetings is now pretty much fixed (although others are better informed to comment). As for a special event, I believe that there will be bus rides around the circuit on the Sunday morning at Combe.

Last edited by kipper; 23 Apr 2006 at 14:10.
Old 23 Apr 2006, 16:38 (Ref:1592926)   #6
DriversKnow
Racer

European Union
Staffordshire
The intention is to have different guest races each time and promote an eclectic mix of national motorsport to a wider audience.

Brands Hatch has EuroBoss and Mini Miglia/Se7en, Pembrey will have MSA Long circuit karts, Thruxton will have Truck racing, Combe will have its ever popular local series, plus other entertainment to be confirmed, and Spa will have the Dutch Supercar Challenge and BelCar. Each round will have three of the best supported single marque series in the UK - Radical, Ginetta and Mini - with oversubscribed grids guaranteeing quality action.

The timetables are at DriversKnow.co.uk/GreatBritishFestivals

Also, at some events there will be live music, track parades and a grid walkabout at lunchtime, as well as the Friday Great and British trackday, supported by Evo magazine.

Dunlop are trying to add a bit of spice to national/club level events to complement our involvement in other packages such as BTCC, Top Hat and BritCar.

Keep the feedback coming, as we are already planning for 2007!
Old 23 Apr 2006, 16:44 (Ref:1592934)   #7
Rod Birley
Veteran

England
West Kingsdown (near Brands Hatch)
Rod Birley should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I know the Dunlop Track and Race saloons are going to Combe for that date. So far the grids have been packed, so it should be a worthy addition.
Old 23 Apr 2006, 20:22 (Ref:1593108)   #8
gixxer
Veteran

England
trowbridge wilts
gixxer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rod Birley
I know the Dunlop Track and Race saloons are going to Combe for that date. So far the grids have been packed, so it should be a worthy addition.
Yes Rod it is many of us regulars at combe are looking forward to the championship coming to Combe, the whole meeting looks superb hopefully their will be a big crowd for you guy's to entertain lets hope the sun is shining for your first visit
Old 23 Apr 2006, 20:36 (Ref:1593122)   #9
R59
Veteran

Heard and McDonald Islands
Bedfordshire
R59 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR59 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'll be quiet, I promise !!
Old 24 Apr 2006, 00:32 (Ref:1593316)   #10
MikeHoyer
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northampton, UK
MikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'll be at Brands covering the event for dailysportscar. Looks like it should be great (the first event was really good I thought)!
Old 24 Apr 2006, 18:21 (Ref:1593993)   #11
DriversKnow
Racer

European Union
Staffordshire
During the lunchbreak, Queen tribute band QE11, will play on the terrace opposite the pits whilst the grid walkabout is going on.

Heres hoping for decent weather!
Old 24 Apr 2006, 23:19 (Ref:1594212)   #12
MikeHoyer
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northampton, UK
MikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Cool! I'll get some shots of that!
Old 26 Apr 2006, 18:40 (Ref:1595619)   #13
DriversKnow
Racer

European Union
Staffordshire
Thanks to EuroBoss, we now have an interesting selection of F1 and other single seaters at Brands on Sunday..........Could the Indy lap record be broken?

Class: EuroBOSS

Patrick D’Aubreby - Benetton Ford V8 3.5l

Klaas Zwart - Ascari Benetton Judd V10 4.0l

Jodie Hemming - Jordan Judd V10 3.5l

Pierre Schroeder - Ascari Benetton Judd V10 4.0l

Johnny Laursen - Ascari Benetton Judd V10 4.0l

Frits van Eerd - Tyrrell Cosworth V8 3.5l

Paul Smith - Simtek Ford HB V8 3.5l

Martin Kendrick - Reynard Judd V8 4.0l

Class: EuroBOSS Masters

Henk de Boer - Coloni Cosworth V8 3.5l

Anthony Hansford - Arrows Cosworth V8 3.5l

TBN - Arrows Cosworth V8 3.5l

Roger Kilty - Reynard Cosworth V8 3.0l

Carlos Tavares - Dallara Nissan V6 3.0l

Walter Colacino - Lola Alfa Romeo V6 3.0l
Old 1 May 2006, 10:26 (Ref:1598639)   #14
DriversKnow
Racer

European Union
Staffordshire
Thankyou to everyone involved in the Great and British Festival at Brands Hatch yesterday.

A few red flags in the morning meant we had to compress all of our lunchtime entertainment into a shorter time slot, but thanks to the efforts of MSV and BARC staff we still managed a parade of over 100 Minis, nose to tail around the Indy circuit and the grid walkabout.

Thanks to the spectators, I hope we entertained you. We had a decent crowd despite a poor weather forecast and early rain, and we look forward to the next event at Pembrey on May 28, with public track day action on May 26.

Pictures will be posted at driversknow.co.uk/greatbritishfestivals
Old 2 May 2006, 15:58 (Ref:1599429)   #15
alfaman
Racer

Mauritius
Middlesex
alfaman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I was at Brands Hatch on Sunday and enjoyed myself - with a few exceptions.

As I only did the pits walkabout and not the paddock I must say I was very impressed by the open-ness and friendliness of both the Euroboss competitors and the Mini challenge. Their willingness to let people have pictures taken in their cars was superb especially as some of those cars are worth quite a bit!

On the racing side - great action from the Ginettas and all types of Minis. And for sheer power the Euroboss boys & girl were fantastic!

But there are just too many Radical races for my liking and 2 40 minutes races for the SR8s etc for me, a motor racing enthusiast, was exceedingly dull. I don't know what a 1st time visitor would have made of it - especially as the commentary was drowned out by the engines....

As a concept it lacks single seaters and I think it needs more quick fire racing, not mini-enduros - but overall I had fun except for those Radicals...
Old 2 May 2006, 19:19 (Ref:1599584)   #16
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by alfaman
But there are just too many Radical races for my liking and 2 40 minutes races for the SR8s etc for me, a motor racing enthusiast, was exceedingly dull. I don't know what a 1st time visitor would have made of it - especially as the commentary was drowned out by the engines....

As a concept it lacks single seaters and I think it needs more quick fire racing, not mini-enduros - but overall I had fun except for those Radicals...
I tend to agree with that; I like the radicals enough but you can have too much of a good thing! I would probably take it one step further and say that there were maybe too many multiple one make races. In fact the whole package didn't seem quite balanced, and if I'd been the organisers, I'd have been unhappy with the crowd turnout on Sunday which may well have been down to the package rather than any other factor. Great & British did not ring true for me; there were too many gaps; better to have stuck to the 'Dunlop Motorsport Festival' title. If you really want 'Great & British', lose one of the Radical races, maybe one of the Mini Challenge races, one of the Ginetta races and one of the 'T' Car races (the grid size for the latter is simply too small, anyway). Then, bring in TVRs, Caterhams, another single seater race (as alfaman says) and maybe one historics race for the likes of Astons, Jags, Austin Healeys, Tigers, TRs and MGBs; then you'd get a better cross section of Great and British.

Did the Queen Tribute band turn up? I didn't hear anything, not that their absence bothered me. What did miff me, however, was being charged £12 on Saturday for watching loads of one make practice and qualifying sessions and just 3 races in the late afternoon. In addition, a £2.50 charge where I had to park on the South Bank despite there being very few people about and loads of parking space elsewhere. Why couldn't I buy a weekend ticket on Saturday? £12 the following day was much better value, of course, although curiously, I was only charged an additional £2 for parking in the circuit and this time, I ignored instructions, and did what everyone else was doing and used one of the other parking areas.

To end on a good note, much of the racing was close (although there were far too many redflag and safety car periods over the weekend) and the Euroboss cars were fantastic to watch and listen to. Again, however there were not really enough of them although conversely, I guess you wouldn't want too many when you are only using the Indy circuit.

I hope this sounds like constructive criticism rather than just a whinge; I think the idea is good but personally I think it faltered slightly in its execution. It just needs to be worked upon.

Last edited by John Turner; 2 May 2006 at 19:22.
Old 2 May 2006, 20:55 (Ref:1599676)   #17
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
I found at the previous round at Snetterton that there were too many Radical races and Minis.
Old 3 May 2006, 11:53 (Ref:1599997)   #18
MikeHoyer
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northampton, UK
I enjoyed it once again, a great days racing.

Photos here --> http://www.mdh-photography.co.uk/Gal...04%5F06/album/
Old 3 May 2006, 13:10 (Ref:1600050)   #19
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Superb pics, Mike. Some very atmospheric ones, too. Plenty of legwork required to get all those!
Old 3 May 2006, 16:13 (Ref:1600147)   #20
BOSSman
Veteran

Wow..., very good pictures Mike! You can feel really the emotions and the power from last weekend!

Christian
EuroBOSS-Racing
Old 3 May 2006, 17:02 (Ref:1600176)   #21
Alan Brown
Racer

Alan Brown should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Generally enjoyable, with the EuroBoss cars making good noises. Even as a sports car enthusiast, I agree that there were too many radical races. The main gripe is the overpriced programme, with miniscule boxes in which to put the first grid.
Old 3 May 2006, 18:37 (Ref:1600224)   #22
R59
Veteran

Heard and McDonald Islands
Bedfordshire
R59 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR59 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That's what I like to see from proper F1 cars (Footwork) - SPARKS!

The day that the knee jerk reaction created the plank ruined part of the F1 spectacle (and titanium skid block sales!)

Rob.
Old 3 May 2006, 18:58 (Ref:1600236)   #23
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
excellent pictures Mike, very entertaining.
Old 5 May 2006, 16:21 (Ref:1601340)   #24
Az
Racer

England
UK
Az should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I thoroughly enjoyed the days racing on Sunday. Superb value for money. Agree that the Radical races were a little too long, but really enjoyed everything else. And the EuroBOSS, wow so much better than when I last saw them at Brands in 2004... of course more cars would be nice but it's certainly a big improvement.

I also took a few photos but from spectator areas. Lots of action! Have a look here http://www.ae-photography.co.uk/300406.html if you like Cheers
Old 6 May 2006, 10:31 (Ref:1601650)   #25
BOSSman
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Az
And the EuroBOSS, wow so much better than when I last saw them at Brands in 2004... of course more cars would be nice but it's certainly a big improvement.
I also took a few photos but from spectator areas. Lots of action! Have a look here http://www.ae-photography.co.uk/300406.html if you like Cheers
Yes, the grid was much better than our last visit at Brands in May 2004. In the paddock there was many from the "old" EuroBOSS guys, for see what will happen in 2006. Some of them are very interested for a comeback...

Vey nice pictures, "Az"!

Christian
EuroBOSS-Racing