Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > National & Club Racing

Old 8 May 2006, 14:25 (Ref:1603390)   #26
nevwheeler
Rookie

nevwheeler should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Have to agree a really great days racing. I do not think I have seen such close and committed racing in any competition for ages. I really big thanks to all those on here who were driving on the day. Yes the 205s were amazing to watch I cannot think of a way of describing how good it was to spectate.

Az visited your photos what happened to the Capris though Why no photos there
Old 8 May 2006, 16:08 (Ref:1603464)   #27
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Put the word about then nev because every meeting I have been to since last September thus far with these boys (and girls) has produced some excellent and exciting racing (who needs that bore F1) and we were not out in full force on Saturday either with quite a few notable competitors missing or broken down.

I have bought a selection of friends to the races from guys that will scorn anything to an ex-racer (who I bought to Snetterton and is itching to get out with us) and everyone has gone away with a smile on their faces.
Old 8 May 2006, 16:39 (Ref:1603485)   #28
johnw
Veteran

England
Chichester - 1/2 mile from Goodwood
johnw should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I believe that the BARC HQ peeps scan these boards, but I'll copy this one regarding Grandstand costs to Ian Watson, BARC Business Development Director.
Old 8 May 2006, 17:12 (Ref:1603521)   #29
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Thruxton has always been one of the most expensive circuits to spectate at. Not only do you have to pay to use the grandstand but often have to pay extra to get into the paddock. Anything from £6-10 depending on which meeting.
Old 8 May 2006, 17:23 (Ref:1603526)   #30
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnw
I believe that the BARC HQ peeps scan these boards, but I'll copy this one regarding Grandstand costs to Ian Watson, BARC Business Development Director.
Opps thats me in trouble, look the coffee from the burger van was OK honest
Old 8 May 2006, 19:16 (Ref:1603623)   #31
johnw
Veteran

England
Not at all Al. I'm sure that they welcome all the feedback they can get
Old 9 May 2006, 00:05 (Ref:1603833)   #32
Az
Racer

England
UK
Az should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Weyman
No Yellow Yank Tank pictures there AZ, I must have been going to fast for you to capture it! :-)
Heh Hi Al. Oops, I've just added a few now, thanks for the heads up. Nice racing btw What happened at Club Chicane, I assume she cutout and just wouldn't start again? Took quite a few marshalls to get you moved - at the second attempt too

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevwheeler
Az visited your photos what happened to the Capris though Why no photos there
I try to put as much variety online as possible but yes you're right there should really be some Capri's - so I've just added a few shots. Cheers

As for Thruxton's facilities they don't really compare to Brands Hatch, Brands has had a lot of investment and the schedule is jam packed every weekend with racing whereas Thruxton's is very small in comparison.
Old 9 May 2006, 05:55 (Ref:1603926)   #33
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Good point about Thruxton/Brands Az I am sure there are good reasons it just seems to me that the lack of people prepared to pay £7 to get out of the rain into the comfort of the grandstand on a day like that mean that surely the facility is priced incorrectly.

I will have a look at the pictures later thanks.

No what happened at the chicane I was progressively loosing the ability to disengage the clutch for some unknown reason and went into the chicane in too high a gear, lost me concerntration and slipped on a sump load of oil that had been dropped in a previous session. Then the car got stuck in gear and I could not disengage the clutch.

That with a leaking master cylinder giving me a very long and spongy brake meant that I did not think it very fair to try to mix it with the other guys because if the brakes failed terminally and I wrote one of them off they would probably lynch me for even taking the car out in the race like that and who would blame them! Its one thing risking your own car and neck but I think unfair to risk others so thats why I just poodled around at the back and kept out of everyones way and picked up the class A trophy (undeservedly I know).
Old 9 May 2006, 08:12 (Ref:1604001)   #34
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Still can't see any pickies AZ!
Old 9 May 2006, 10:17 (Ref:1604073)   #35
nevwheeler
Rookie

nevwheeler should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Az - thanks for that will be looking at those later.
Old 10 May 2006, 01:24 (Ref:1604717)   #36
johnw
Veteran

England
Received a reply from Ian Watson saying that he is not prepared to post here, but inviting emails from you regarding the costs of Members Grandstand seats at Thruxton.

iwatson@barc.net
Old 10 May 2006, 17:20 (Ref:1605246)   #37
Az
Racer

England
UK
Az should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Weyman
Still can't see any pickies AZ!
Whoops I updated the page but then obviously forgot to upload it to the server. Just done it now. To save you looking here a couple Click for bigger.

and a Capri

Cheers
Old 10 May 2006, 18:28 (Ref:1605288)   #38
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Thanks Az.
Old 11 May 2006, 08:46 (Ref:1605793)   #39
Boggy
Rookie

United Kingdom
Southampton
Boggy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That's a different line through the chicane in pic 2 Don't think the Pug 205 took that one, probably the only one he didn't try through.
Nice shots Az, tried to keep my head down in front but still had to say sorry to one guy as I stopped right infront of him, was it you?
Boggy
Old 11 May 2006, 09:25 (Ref:1605813)   #40
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Yes I very unusually for that car managed to spin it curtesy of a combo of struggling to find a gear and some guy dropping copious amounts of slippery stuff when he ripped his sump pan open.
Old 11 May 2006, 11:50 (Ref:1605907)   #41
Boggy
Rookie

United Kingdom
Southampton
Boggy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
isn't that page two of the drivers excuse handbook

Boggy
Old 11 May 2006, 18:34 (Ref:1606152)   #42
ALANGRUMPY
Racer

ALANGRUMPY should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boggy
isn't that page two of the drivers excuse handbook

Boggy
Page 1 read, fancied the marshals doughnuts and they looked like they needed the exercise!
Old 11 May 2006, 18:49 (Ref:1606170)   #43
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Yes and yes but I did hear the call on the radio (while I was munching doughnuts) about the dropped oil and the fact they could not clean it because it was raining so I'm vindicated :-).