Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > NASCAR & Stock Car Racing

Old 20 Jun 2003, 20:12 (Ref:637953)   #1
Asp
Race Official
Veteran

England
Cumbria, UK
Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!
Southern 500 to California

The 2004 Winston Cup schedule - sorry, Nextel Cup schedule (I must learn that one) had been announced provisionally - with big changes: notable that Fontana gets a second race, a night race on (Southern 500) Labout Day weekend; North Carolina Speedway in Rockingham loses its fall date; and Darlington Raceway moves its 53-year Labor Day tradition, the Southern 500, to Rockingham's fall date.

Quite a big break in tradition...
Old 21 Jun 2003, 04:39 (Ref:638191)   #2
Lee Janotta
Veteran

Lee Janotta should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
NASCAR only respects tradition when it's profitable. Effing businessmen...
Old 25 Jun 2003, 07:43 (Ref:642318)   #3
bcobbus
Racer

bcobbus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The date may have changed but hte race will still be the same! Darlington is Darlington, any time of year! I think this move is best for NASCAR, now if we could only get rid of some of the other tracks with two dates and bring them down to just one. Such examples may include New Hampshire, Dover, Atlanta, etc...
Old 26 Jun 2003, 19:29 (Ref:644035)   #4
chris24
Rookie

chris24 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
*******s !

My family has a ticket allocation for the night race at Bristol.
This year my dad is going but with my mum and he is then going to the Southern 500 at Darlington the following weekend. I was hoping to do the same next year when he doesn't go as he has now retired. Well I guess not . Miserable gits !
Old 26 Jun 2003, 19:50 (Ref:644051)   #5
muggle not
Veteran

United States
North Carolina, U.S.
muggle not should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmuggle not should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by bcobbus
The date may have changed but hte race will still be the same! Darlington is Darlington, any time of year! I think this move is best for NASCAR, now if we could only get rid of some of the other tracks with two dates and bring them down to just one. Such examples may include New Hampshire, Dover, Atlanta, etc...
Geez, Dover is one of the better tracks, Atlanta has good racing also. If you are going to get rid of any do so with Texas, California, and Phoenix.
Old 26 Jun 2003, 19:54 (Ref:644053)   #6
chris24
Rookie

chris24 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Got to agree, the races at Texas and California are always boring races. But I hope the IRL races at Texas are still good as I am going to it in October.
Old 26 Jun 2003, 22:23 (Ref:644172)   #7
bcobbus
Racer

bcobbus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I did not base my choices of tracks to posibly get rid of based on how great the racing was, rather I based it on what NASCAR needs to grow even more. NASCAR needs to have more races here on the West coast and other areas it has not focused on before. However with 36 races as of now, to expand its market more to new area, some tracks have to loose a date. Trust me, I would much rather watch a race from Dover or Atlanta then California or Texas, but I did not use that as my basis here.
Old 1 Jul 2003, 00:20 (Ref:647896)   #8
24thunder
Veteran

24thunder should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A 53 year old tradition down the tubes,so We can have another cookie-cutter(yawn)track,those types of tracks generate the most $$$$$$$ for NASCAR so IMO expect to see more & more of them,regardless of what the majority of fans want!Cookie-cutter tracks already account for 66.8% of race dates among current track types,this doesn't even include the extra California date starting next year!IMO,the average fan is getting the short end of the straw,IMO if NASCAR continues down this path of $$$$$$ first,fans second,that there might become a time in the near future that NASCAR finds Themselves without all that many $$$$$$$$$$ or that many fans,JMO!
#24,1995,1997,1998,2001 Champion,1991 Busch ROTY,1993 Nextel Cup ROTY,3 Daytona 500 victories,5 Southern 500 victories,4 time Brickyard 400 winner,3 Coca-Cola 600 wins,8 road course(record)victories!