Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 23 Apr 2013, 10:54 (Ref:3238330)   #1
carsten66
Veteran

Germany
Heidelberg, Germany
carsten66 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
WEC 2013 Round 2: Spa-Francorchamps

Now it's time for Spa...

Timetable

Entry List

Track Maps

Track Pictures

Spotter Guide

Audi Live Stream

Old 23 Apr 2013, 10:59 (Ref:3238335)   #2
carsten66
Veteran

Germany
Heidelberg, Germany
carsten66 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
2013 - WEC - CLIP PROMO SPA:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7GlCg...ature=youtu.be

Old 23 Apr 2013, 14:31 (Ref:3238440)   #3
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!
It's nice to see a bit of a bigger field for this one. I felt 31 was a little low for Silverstone. One of the more interesting things to see is whether Dumbreck and Bell can keep up with the times of Mucke and Turner in the Aston Martins. Also, I'm expecting to see the AF Corse Ferraris going faster this weekend.
Old 23 Apr 2013, 14:38 (Ref:3238446)   #4
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
Only 35 entries so far, really disappointed by the quantity, hoped we'd see more Le Mans teams join for the dress rehearsel...
Old 23 Apr 2013, 15:13 (Ref:3238452)   #5
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Nice to see the promotional videos are improving on a monthly basis, but that was still incredibly cringey.
Old 23 Apr 2013, 16:02 (Ref:3238470)   #6
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingers4Justice View Post
Nice to see the promotional videos are improving on a monthly basis, but that was still incredibly cringey.
I'd remove the corny oneliners from the drivers and show more racing. But technically well done.

Last edited by deggis; 23 Apr 2013 at 16:08.
Old 23 Apr 2013, 16:08 (Ref:3238473)   #7
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by carsten66 View Post
Since it's exactly same feed, would make more sense to watch it from Dailymotion directly:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xpg7wv

Or this, which nicely automatically autosizes according to your browser window size:

http://www.dailymotion.com/embed/video/xpg7wv
Old 23 Apr 2013, 20:55 (Ref:3238597)   #8
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by carsten66 View Post

Old 23 Apr 2013, 21:04 (Ref:3238600)   #9
GTfour
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!
Nice. Getting very close now. Looking forward to this one as it is our season opener.
Shame about the thin field. Too bad the american teams won't be joining the Spa lot allready.
Old 24 Apr 2013, 03:14 (Ref:3238692)   #10
Mike Hedlund
Veteran

United States
Redwood City, CA
Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTfour View Post
Too bad the american teams won't be joining the Spa lot allready.
I wish I was there!! :-)

-mike
Old 24 Apr 2013, 08:29 (Ref:3238765)   #11
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTfour View Post
Nice. Getting very close now. Looking forward to this one as it is our season opener.
Shame about the thin field. Too bad the american teams won't be joining the Spa lot allready.
Echo that about the thin field - mid 30s car count around Spa will be a little sparse, but maybe I can clutch at some straws and figure it'll allow for some conversation as we amble around the track.

Fingers crossed for decent weather - I know rain's traditional in the Ardennes, but think we probably had enough of that at Silverstone...
Old 24 Apr 2013, 20:25 (Ref:3239022)   #12
dj choc ice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Liverpool
dj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
This with bells on. They need the guy who does the Musclemilk Pickett videos, observe:

click
Old 24 Apr 2013, 20:30 (Ref:3239026)   #13
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by dj choc ice View Post
This with bells on. They need the guy who does the Musclemilk Pickett videos, observe:

click
That's really cool, cheers for that

It's a bit embarrassing that the WEC, the big series, can't make a promotional video half as good as one team from a regional series. I've said it before, but this is bread and butter stuff...few things are more important. The WEC needs to be cool, not cringe-worthy.
Old 25 Apr 2013, 00:41 (Ref:3239094)   #14
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
Sadly I won't be there. 2 races, and 2 days? Not worth 1K miles of driving, sorry! Not unless somebody PAYS me...
Good luck to all that go along, wish I was there. Have a Brugze Zot for me...
Old 25 Apr 2013, 08:26 (Ref:3239188)   #15
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:

click
WEC take note: THIS is hows it done. Great work by Muscle Milk there.
Old 25 Apr 2013, 11:02 (Ref:3239238)   #16
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:

click
That was very professional, enjoyed it quite a bit. Thanks for sharing.
Old 25 Apr 2013, 13:46 (Ref:3239281)   #17
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim the Grey View Post
Sadly I won't be there. 2 races, and 2 days? Not worth 1K miles of driving, sorry! Not unless somebody PAYS me...
Good luck to all that go along, wish I was there. Have a Brugze Zot for me...
To add insult to injury, the Porsches are only 10 in numbers...
Old 25 Apr 2013, 18:58 (Ref:3239380)   #18
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!
Speed and RACER are reporting that Audi will run a long-tail R18 at Spa (car #3). This is their dedicated Le Mans-spec car.

Speed:
http://auto-racing.speedtv.com/artic...18-at-spa-wec/

RACER:
http://www.racer.com/audi-unveils-lo...=NzIwMjYzNTgS1

Last edited by Purist; 25 Apr 2013 at 19:06.
Old 27 Apr 2013, 01:03 (Ref:3239844)   #19
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Audi's track map
http://www.audi.com/com/brand/en/aud...races/spa.html

The WEC's hybrid braking zones
http://www.fiawec.com/en/news/6h-spa...ones_1061.html
Old 27 Apr 2013, 01:10 (Ref:3239846)   #20
Mechanic Z
Veteran

United States
Mos Eisley
Mechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
That's really cool, cheers for that

It's a bit embarrassing that the WEC, the big series, can't make a promotional video half as good as one team from a regional series.
The regional series outdoes them all the time!
Old 27 Apr 2013, 03:35 (Ref:3239872)   #21
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
I dont care for promotional videos, I guess the appeal of those is the hype for the race. But does that translate to more viewers?
Old 27 Apr 2013, 07:53 (Ref:3239907)   #22
Dario911
Veteran

Italy
Somewhere in the world...
Dario911 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Aston will enter three GTE-Pro cars. I'm disappointed, because Vantage is yet favoured by the rules, and so this will make very hard for Porsche and Ferrari to face them! In GTE there must be a more balanced situation.
Anyway, Porsche and Ferrari have always shown to be competitive in Spa, so I hope to see Porsche on the top in GTE, but I'm sure will be hard to catch Aston.
Le Mans, 23/06/2013, 15:00, Allan we miss you!
Porsche 1°-2° in GTE-Pro class with 991 GT3 RSR
Porsche 1st. place in GTE-Am class with 997 GT3 RSR
Old 27 Apr 2013, 21:25 (Ref:3240083)   #23
gregtummer
Veteran

gregtummer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
Audi has the Peugeot 908 Le Mans qualifying lap record instead of the Spa qualifying lap record on their track map.
Old 27 Apr 2013, 21:40 (Ref:3240087)   #24
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
I dont care for promotional videos, I guess the appeal of those is the hype for the race. But does that translate to more viewers?
Agree that the latest ones aren't going to trouble Ridley Scott's 1984 Mac superbowl spot for overall excellence, but they're a hell of a lot better than previous promo bits that have aired on TV, so if we can continue in this vein so much the better.

Do they translate into more viewers? Who knows? Tracking the ROI on any individual effort is probably an exercise in futility, but as part of a joined up promotional effort - which does genuinely seem to be happening (viz the car shows in London and Liege) - they can't hurt.

As Marc Benioff from Salesforce.com has said, done is better than perfect, so in that light I'm not going to grumble too much about what the WEC is trying to do here - just hope that they regard what they've done at each round as a good benchmark to exceed next time out.
Old 28 Apr 2013, 04:35 (Ref:3240136)   #25
TF110
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dario911 View Post
Aston will enter three GTE-Pro cars. I'm disappointed, because Vantage is yet favoured by the rules, and so this will make very hard for Porsche and Ferrari to face them! In GTE there must be a more balanced situation.
Anyway, Porsche and Ferrari have always shown to be competitive in Spa, so I hope to see Porsche on the top in GTE, but I'm sure will be hard to catch Aston.
Blame the FIA. They didn't change anything from the end of last season for the Aston. But Aston Martin sure made changes. And having 3 cars doesn't gurantee anything. The second AM wasn't near the winning one at Silverstone.