Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 4 Feb 2004, 11:43 (Ref:862513)   #1
albatross
Rookie

albatross should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Historic Racing Regs

Looking at competing in the UK and Europe in a yank GM vehicle late 1960's/early 1970's vintage. I will be living in Italy but would like to compete most anywhere in Europe with the odd hillclimb thrown in. What regs do I look up for this? Classic thunder looks good for UK but what would be similar on the continent. Are the Apppendix J regs correct?
Old 7 Feb 2004, 09:08 (Ref:866197)   #2
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Have a look at these.

http://www.fia.com/regle/annexe_K/To-a.pdf

Your car may also fit in Post Historics with the CTCRC. What is the vehicle?

That link is to the FIA European Challenge for Historic Touring Cars. Interestingly I can't get to any other website and the FIA site doesn't list it. Anybody know the situation here?
Old 8 Feb 2004, 04:34 (Ref:866823)   #3
albatross
Rookie

albatross should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks for that, I was looking at appendix J. I have at least another year to sort out what to run. At this stage I would like to run a 1970 COPO clone Camaro mainly because they are cheap for bits and info and I can get a bit of a heads up on set up from it's trans-am days. To keep costs down I was going to stay on pump gas, ditch the high strung small block and run a 427 instead but with Ali block to keep some handling. They made 51 with Ali blocks in '69 so I think this is within the regs. And the aerodynamic/spoiler package of the second gen Camaro's wasn't too bad as the regs don't allow any spoilers that weren't factory. Early days yet and a lot more research is required.

david
Old 8 Feb 2004, 11:25 (Ref:866970)   #4
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Well with so few made it wouldn't automatically qualify for Post Historic. You may also struggle with App J. Seems to fit Classic Thunder though.

As far as the CTCRC is concerned you might want to talk to Ken Clarke. You can pick his phone number off my website homepage.