Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 23 Jun 2016, 17:19 (Ref:3654729)   #1
skells22
Veteran

skells22 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
gp2 at Red bull ring races 2016

As next weekend its time for GP2 to head to the Red Bull ring minus one person therefore ART racing will as per the rules will have to find a replacement just for this round.

any guesses who will be in car number 1 instead of Matsushita?
Old 23 Jun 2016, 21:22 (Ref:3654769)   #2
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Is he not only banned from R1?
Old 23 Jun 2016, 21:51 (Ref:3654775)   #3
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
it kinda says "round" and their idea of a "round" is an event... but it's kind of vague, and the autosport version doesn't really make it any more clear.

http://www.gp2series.com/News-Room/N...or-next-event/
Old 24 Jun 2016, 04:42 (Ref:3654814)   #4
p-matt
Veteran

p-matt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It could be any of the ART GP3 drivers, but I think they'd rather have their drivers focus on that championship.

If Honda are choosing they will put another one of their Japanese drivers in. Maybe Izawa as a one off.

But surely the logical choice would be to link up with Ocon again. He'll be at Austria anyway, and he seems increasingly disillusioned with DTM
Old 26 Jun 2016, 19:52 (Ref:3655274)   #5
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Ocon would be great.

Anyone got recent experience of testing a GP2?
Old 29 Jun 2016, 07:59 (Ref:3655729)   #6
p-matt
Veteran

Binder it is then

That's underwhelming
Old 29 Jun 2016, 16:06 (Ref:3655783)   #7
Formulahistory
Veteran

Formulahistory should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I hoped to see a young driver in the car, bot a driver who wasn't impressive the last years...
Old 1 Jul 2016, 17:35 (Ref:3656149)   #8
Biscuits In A Red Bull
Veteran

United Kingdom
Biscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBiscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Seems Ghiotto and Giovinazzi are having an absolutely mega time of it of late! 4th and 2nd in qually respectively! Of course, Sirotkin has another pole, I really hope he can convert it into a win, I feel if he can have one really good weekend then he'll continue to deliver. Gasly is 3rd too, outqualified by his rookie teammate despite a solid effort, takes the shine off it a little but I rate Gio very highly, not least after what he did in Baku...
Old 2 Jul 2016, 08:03 (Ref:3656214)   #9
p-matt
Veteran

Hoping Sirotkin can have a strong weekend too. If it wasn't for those errors in Barcelona and Monaco he'd be miles ahead in the championship.

Gasly and how off the pace the DAMS cars are baffles me.
Old 2 Jul 2016, 18:02 (Ref:3656297)   #10
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Campos 1-2 - It means Evans won followed by... Gelael!
Marciello completed the podium, and is the championship leader.
Old 2 Jul 2016, 21:01 (Ref:3656336)   #11
skells22
Veteran

skells22 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by p-matt View Post
Hoping Sirotkin can have a strong weekend too. If it wasn't for those errors in Barcelona and Monaco he'd be miles ahead in the championship. .
add Red Bull ring to the list as he picked up a overtake under SC penalty
Old 3 Jul 2016, 05:53 (Ref:3656405)   #12
Razzzor
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Razzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by skells22 View Post
add Red Bull ring to the list as he picked up a overtake under SC penalty
He was only 8th anyway, and just didn't have the pace. At this point Vandoorne was miles ahead in the ART last year. Sirotkin just isn't getting the job done. I think he may still win the title, but only if others continue to be inconsistent. Giovinazzi I rate highly as well, and with some luck could win more races and maybe a surprise championship?

Odd championship though. Even with how bad the Campos has been this year, Evans is somehow only 2 points off the lead. I can only imagine if he'd stayed in that Russian Time car how far he would be out front now, considering he was top 3 fastest for the last several races of last year and at no point has Markelov ever been close to him on speed in their 2 years together. I wonder if they found something at Campos, because he was setting fastest lap after 30 laps on the softs yet previous rounds the Campos has been hopeless on it's tyres.

Binder; wow he was slow in the ART wasn't he?

Lynn and Gasly; I know they're not teammates anymore but once again can't live up to their apparent potential. Lynn even behind his teammate, Gasly can't help but sabotage any chance he ever has at winning a race. It's comical.

Nato and King; Racing Engineering's speed could be dropping off, is their title charge going to end as well?

Ghiotto did well though, if the Campos' didn't have the superior strategy he would have ended up 2nd with only Marciello ahead of him on similar strategy.

Looking forward to race 2 with King, Nato, Rowland starting up front. Gasly, Markelov, Giovinazzi, Sirotkin will need to make some passes or they'll lose more points to the average but consistent Marciello.
Old 3 Jul 2016, 08:19 (Ref:3656426)   #13
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razzzor View Post
Even with how bad the Campos has been this year, Evans is somehow only 2 points off the lead. I can only imagine if he'd stayed in that Russian Time car how far he would be.
It wasn't his choice to leave, the team wanted to change.

You are right about Lynn though. Latifi showing him up
Old 3 Jul 2016, 08:22 (Ref:3656429)   #14
Armco Bender
Llama Assassin and Sheep Botherer
Veteran

New Zealand
International Sheep Ambassador
Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!
Safety car parade to start this one......hopefully they get more racing than the GP3's.
Old 3 Jul 2016, 10:59 (Ref:3656449)   #15
Razzzor
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Razzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by peebee2 View Post
It wasn't his choice to leave, the team wanted to change.
I wonder if money played a role? I mean Markelov is only there because of his money, Evans never had to pay for his drive at RT. Maybe Marciello is bringing in some cash - I'm sure Marciello is a decent driver, but he's not been much quicker than Markelov and isn't showing the form Evans was at the end of 2015, and I never expected him to either. Maybe still settling in though... and he is leading the points but only because the main contenders keep stuffing up.

Campos fell back to earth in the second race though with Evans a bit of a mobile chicane at the end.

How about Giovanni? Sure he made that mistake which cost him several seconds and positions, but without that mistake I think he may have been attacking the front 3 at the end. I can certainly see him in F1 and winning races in 5 years time. Despite only scoring points in 3 out of 8 races this season, he's still completely in it! He probably would have been top 3 in race 1 if the car didn't stop, with his late race pace lately.

Rowland good drive to 2nd, he needs it to. And just when I'm doubting Racing Engineering, King pulls one out of the bag and cleans up. Kind of needs to be Nato doing it though if they want the title.

But yeah top 10 in points are only 1 feature race win apart. Sirotkin could go from 10th to 1st in a single race, even higher with FL points!
Old 3 Jul 2016, 13:54 (Ref:3656485)   #16
peebee2
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razzzor View Post
I wonder if money played a role? I mean Markelov is only there because of his money, Evans never had to pay for his drive at RT. Maybe Marciello is bringing in some cash - I'm sure Marciello is a decent driver, but he's not been much quicker than Markelov and isn't showing the form Evans was at the end of 2015, and I never expected him to either. Maybe still settling in though... and he is leading the points but only because the main contenders keep stuffing up.

Campos fell back to earth in the second race though with Evans a bit of a mobile chicane at the end.

How about Giovanni? Sure he made that mistake which cost him several seconds and positions, but without that mistake I think he may have been attacking the front 3 at the end. I can certainly see him in F1 and winning races in 5 years time. Despite only scoring points in 3 out of 8 races this season, he's still completely in it! He probably would have been top 3 in race 1 if the car didn't stop, with his late race pace lately.

Rowland good drive to 2nd, he needs it to. And just when I'm doubting Racing Engineering, King pulls one out of the bag and cleans up. Kind of needs to be Nato doing it though if they want the title.

But yeah top 10 in points are only 1 feature race win apart. Sirotkin could go from 10th to 1st in a single race, even higher with FL points!
Markelov is Russian Time and the whole team is doing much better with Mariello In place of Evans
Old 3 Jul 2016, 22:22 (Ref:3656782)   #17
Razzzor
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Quote:
Originally Posted by peebee2 View Post
Markelov is Russian Time and the whole team is doing much better with Mariello In place of Evans
You need to look at more than just what the points standings are peebee, because this is a crazy season where the favourites haven't been scoring regularly. Evans was faster 2nd half of last season than Marciello is this season, but the team overall have also improved because Markelov has already scored more points this year than he did in the entire 2015.

I don't think Evans knows has to set a car up.
Old 3 Jul 2016, 23:13 (Ref:3656792)   #18
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
because the driver is the only person who sets a car up, it has nothing to do with the engineer?

no i agree it's odd that evans has never really managed to get it going. couldn't comment on why without speaking to people who have worked with him but... it's weird. and a shame because he clearly has pace.

about it being a crazy season where none of the favourites are scoring, i think that's a reflection on who the favourites were going into the season and who we have in the championship. red bull must see something really special in gasly that we can't see on tv for example.
Old 4 Jul 2016, 22:09 (Ref:3656983)   #19
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Some brilliant racing in the tricky conditions. Very impressive stuff from a lot of the fancied guys but once again several fancied runners failed to perform.

It's a very open season with only 10 odd points covering the top 12 drivers going into Silverstone.

General note to all (and im sure bella will agree). By all means come on and have a discussion but if posters are going to single out drivers or teams as being poor please provide some reasons or examples rather than sweeping statements?

Back to the weekend and the Italian contingent seem to be gathering pace which could see any of them getting a title run going.

Marcielo is being very determined and showing some of the flair not seen since 2014?

Giovinazzi looks very assured even if results didn't quite go his way and Ghiotto also looks quick but needs to stop making mistakes.

Rowland is doing a sensible job but I feel still hasn't quite found the sweet spot yet. However he is doing very well in what is a fairly unfancied team. I thought his basic ability to feel what the car was doing under him was clear to see in the wettest parts yesterday even if he couldn't hold onto King when the tyres started going off.

Lynn came through strongly for an all Brit podium. Has that ever happened before at this level including 3000 and the old F2?!

Alex was a bit sulky afterwards though does he not like Oli and Jordan?!