Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising Live Chat  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 23 Dec 2008, 21:54 (Ref:2360442)   #16
Axeman444
Subscriber
Veteran

Australia
Calling a spade a spade...
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
now there's a thought!! surely the black wiggle and his cohorts could afford that?
Old 24 Dec 2008, 02:22 (Ref:2360548)   #17
sizzle
Veteran

Australia
Darwin
sizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axeman444
now there's a thought!! surely the black wiggle and his cohorts could afford that?
Nah he always wants someone else to pay for it.

Hang surely there would be a government grant of some sort available.
Old 24 Dec 2008, 10:39 (Ref:2360689)   #18
Mak
Veteran

Mak should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
"Is a Dev. Series championship worth anything in the Main Game"

I think it is. I am aware of a successful driver being offered a ride in the Main Game Endurance series with a top teams provided he competed in the Development series to get some milage.
Old 24 Dec 2008, 13:39 (Ref:2360770)   #19
mspence
Racer

mspence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mak
"Is a Dev. Series championship worth anything in the Main Game"

I think it is. I am aware of a successful driver being offered a ride in the Main Game Endurance series with a top teams provided he competed in the Development series to get some milage.
So, spend a million, and we'll let you drive in two races.....
Old 24 Dec 2008, 15:28 (Ref:2360806)   #20
Mak
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mspence
So, spend a million, and we'll let you drive in two races.....
Thats what theyall have to do! None are there on Talent alone..
Old 10 Apr 2009, 04:08 (Ref:2437837)   #21
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!

... with thanks to prickly_goo
Wherever you go, there you are..
I love lamp...
Old 10 Apr 2009, 04:24 (Ref:2437840)   #22
PhaseIII
Racer

Australia
In a Land Down Under
PhaseIII should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Would that invoke: just a local yellow; Full Course Yellow + Safety Car; or a Red Flag ??
Old 10 Apr 2009, 06:20 (Ref:2437858)   #23
Falcadore
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Falcadore should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by dazza027 View Post
Look at the results of past winners, only one has really stood out and thats frosty. PD hasnt done much, A Jones didnt do much, Perkins jnr hasnt done much (dont think he won the Jnr V8's) it seems that its the cars they were driving that got them to the title, but when you add a bit of competition from equally good cars and drivers who are just that much better in the main series, they dont seem to be able to cope.
The entire focus of the championship is wrong as a driver development series. The pointscore, a copy of the main games, rewards consistency over speed. The pro teams can turn a fast driver into a consistently fast driver. A consistent driver that isn't fast is essentially irredeemable.

But the Fujitsu Series does not exist as a driver development series, so perhaps its the thread that misses the point.
Old 10 Apr 2009, 07:25 (Ref:2437864)   #24
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Ey? Look at someone like Assailit, despite some what stepping up in machinery, he has definitely improved out of sight compared to when he started in the class.

Ok, all of the people who have stepped out of Fujitsu to the main game in recent times have brought considerable coinage with them, but the fact that they have been peddling around in V8 Supercars all year long puts them in much better stead than if they had been running around in Utes, FFord, F3, Commodore Cup, prior to the level one money transfer....
Old 10 Apr 2009, 13:48 (Ref:2438042)   #25
V8 Fireworks
Veteran

V8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think it would be more useful if a sponsor could go and spend a small amount and get a good return (a winning car there should be more visible than a tail end main game car), instead they can do just as well sponsoring some other cheaper support class which seems to be what the VESA promotion structure allows for.

Improved promotion, live TV coverage, no driver restrictions on Level One or previous champions, could do wonders, hopefully. The teams in there are obviously quality, so getting more young gun/seasoned enduro drivers in there, and getting the general field numbers back up perhaps by allowing the older cars back in & cutting costs should be a VESA priority hopefully.

Wouldn't it be good if each shared meeting, featured a Fujitsu race as the opener (not at 8am though!) followed by the main game event on the Saturday and Sunday, both telecast on live television with each having a podium presentation?
Old 10 Apr 2009, 13:56 (Ref:2438048)   #26
Falcadore
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Falcadore should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash Test View Post
Ey? Look at someone like Assailit, despite some what stepping up in machinery, he has definitely improved out of sight compared to when he started in the class.

Ok, all of the people who have stepped out of Fujitsu to the main game in recent times have brought considerable coinage with them, but the fact that they have been peddling around in V8 Supercars all year long puts them in much better stead than if they had been running around in Utes, FFord, F3, Commodore Cup, prior to the level one money transfer....
The focus of the original line seemed to be along the lines of the old complaint about 'why can't Fujitsu champions get anywhere' and I was intending to point out that the method of determining Fujitsu champions is fundamentally flawed.

I have to acknowledge what you've said is just as true too, but Fujitsu Series, like many immediate rungs below the top level in motorsport world wide, the guys who really are going to make it, make themselves obvious before they get to the Fujitsu Series.
Old 11 Apr 2009, 13:28 (Ref:2438556)   #27
speedreader
Racer

Australia
speedreader should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Ash_03
And as far as a drive in the main game, if v8 supercars wants to make the fujitsu series a decent option in the main game... then the winner automatically gets a drive in a v8 supercars australia funded car as a reward for winning the championship, that way that lets the v8 teams see what you can do in the main game...
I sorta kinds agree Ash but hpow about somthing likw HRT & FPR team's fielding 3rd cars for 1st Holden & 1st Ford placed drivers in the Fujitsu Series. This is probably the wrong time to be suggesting such a vebture because it should be a seriously competitive car to show what can be done rather than a 3rd place cash cow car & driver combo....

Either way, It's not going to happen this year or next in all probability - maybe something to think about for the future , if V8 Supercars can weather the interim
storm though and keep the younger talent flowing !!!
Old 13 Apr 2009, 09:35 (Ref:2439661)   #28
Prickly_Goo
Veteran

Australia
somewhere you arent...
Prickly_Goo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post

... with thanks to prickly_goo
I take a great picture!

But seriously... is the DVS Championship all that worth winning?.. Many want to win it, but is it all what it is cracked up to be?...

You dont seem to get the opportunities one used to get with winning the series...
Old 13 Apr 2009, 12:00 (Ref:2439728)   #29
JustASupporter
Racer

JustASupporter should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prickly_Goo View Post
I take a great picture!

But seriously... is the DVS Championship all that worth winning?.. Many want to win it, but is it all what it is cracked up to be?...

You dont seem to get the opportunities one used to get with winning the series...
I see it as a problem for the reputation of the series. It's quite obvious that it's not getting the exposure it should be getting for the young drivers. If anyone really saw the series as a breeding ground for the next big thing the champion "should" be getting sponsors more easily, therefore would be able to get the financial backing to take the step up into the main series.
Old 13 Apr 2009, 16:07 (Ref:2439827)   #30
Mak
Veteran

On its own the Development series win means nothing, but with a previous successful racing history in competitive series such as FF, Posche, F3 ect. it is neccessary for the main series to see these drives get relevant experience in type of cars they run.
As for sponsorship , I think that is all a bit of a myth these days and rich family is pre-requisit for racing until you break into " the big Time" or not.