Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 22 Feb 2011, 08:35 (Ref:2835054)   #1
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Christchurch Earthquake

With a death toll currently at 65 and many still missing, the thoughts of many of us over this side of "the ditch" are with our Kiwi friends. Hope that all of you who post here are OK and that your families are too.

Best wishes to you all.
Old 22 Feb 2011, 09:10 (Ref:2835071)   #2
I Rosputnik
Veteran

United Kingdom
Livingston, Scotland
I Rosputnik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridI Rosputnik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm watching this on the BBC, and my god this is crazy. 6.3 on the scale. It looks like a wastleland.

Best wishes to all, I'm stunned.
Old 22 Feb 2011, 09:50 (Ref:2835089)   #3
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
promax has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
positive thoughts for the Cantabs
Old 22 Feb 2011, 15:21 (Ref:2835232)   #4
gttouring
Veteran

gttouring should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
All the best. I hope and pray no more death is found and the rebuilding is easy and works for the better. Earthquakes suk and 6.5 is no slouch.
Old 22 Feb 2011, 16:24 (Ref:2835254)   #5
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
ChCh is like my other home, with many friends and former co workers there or that have family there. I hope everyone is OK. I know the CBD/downtown area really well and sad to see so many familiar buildings down and so much destruction.

There are still people trapped so I pray for their safety.
Old 22 Feb 2011, 20:59 (Ref:2835350)   #6
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I've just been looking through some of the news reports of a city I know well. To see such destruction is heart-breaking, and to hear of the loss of life amongst some of the most welcoming, friendly and hospitable people I've ever met brings me much sadness.

To everyone there, my thoughts and best wishes go to you for the difficult time ahead.
Old 22 Feb 2011, 21:35 (Ref:2835357)   #7
Rod Birley
Veteran

England
West Kingsdown (near Brands Hatch)
Rod Birley should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I would like to echo "Woolley's" thoughts, having been there twice.
Old 22 Feb 2011, 21:45 (Ref:2835363)   #8
PVDA
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
PVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
10ths member nomad_n was in the middle of it but is OK and posting on Facebook for those wondering.
Old 22 Feb 2011, 23:01 (Ref:2835390)   #9
Oreti kid
Racer

New Zealand
Toowoomba
Oreti kid should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by PVDA View Post
10ths member nomad_n was in the middle of it but is OK and posting on Facebook for those wondering.
yep talked to Nomad last night and he is fine, i am in the North Island so OK and my sister who works the "The Press" building in cathedral square is shaken, scratched, dented, stressed but otherwise OK. Nomads workplace was a hotel in a Historic Govt building that is no more.
cheers
Old 22 Feb 2011, 23:03 (Ref:2835392)   #10
Oreti kid
Racer

New Zealand
Toowoomba
www.stuff.co.nz is the best website for this event, death toll is currently 75.
Old 23 Feb 2011, 01:27 (Ref:2835419)   #11
PVDA
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
PVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
From what we said on Facebook he was out shopping at the time it hit.
Old 23 Feb 2011, 01:43 (Ref:2835422)   #12
Oreti kid
Racer

New Zealand
Toowoomba
Quote:
Originally Posted by PVDA View Post
From what we said on Facebook he was out shopping at the time it hit.
yep he was out for lunch in the mall, may have been lucky as his work is demolished sort of.
Old 23 Feb 2011, 01:46 (Ref:2835423)   #13
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
One of my closest friends is missing family members, 2 being in a building that is known to have collapsed, so they've been trying to figure it out. Also a lot of friends unaccounted for. I am worried but I hope everything turns out OK.

I imagine a lot of buildings in ChCh are going to have to come down so the whole city is going to look a lot different.
Old 23 Feb 2011, 03:01 (Ref:2835448)   #14
marc sproule
Racer

marc sproule should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The lead story on the front page of our local paper today was the earthquake. Accompanying it was a photo that caused me to do a double take. It was eerily similar to what I saw downtown here after our quake in '89.

My heart goes out to those who have lost loved ones or are suffering.

I hope the worst is over.
Old 23 Feb 2011, 19:44 (Ref:2835834)   #15
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I'm used to seeing the tv pictures from these sort of events and you always feel for the people involved. Somehow it seems worse when you know the place involved and realise they're people just like me with similar lives, and how would it be if the earthquake we had a few years back had demolished a nearby city with people I know losing their lives in it.
Old 24 Feb 2011, 08:08 (Ref:2836022)   #16
nomad_n
Racer

New Zealand
gold coast
nomad_n should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Cheers Paul for updating everyone mate...

I was out shopping when the big one struck, it felt like a bomb had gone off. (I learnt how to fly but not how to land as that was the hardest part), For the next 30 minutes I helped the elderly and the young out of the mall. Then went to check on friends where I proceed to go pick up their kids from school... A trip that normally takes 10 minutes took nearly an hour as the roads were a complete mess with drains burst and the liquidfiuation (excuse the spelling).

For the next 24 hours we have had after shocks that could be classed as earthquakes them selves... each one ranging from 4-5 in magnitude. so for the death toll as off 4.00pmTthursday is 95 but there is still approx 200 + missing... If anyone in NZ or Aus can donate anything to help please do as people have been told not to return to there houses..... We have a family staying with us now as their house is condemmed...
Old 25 Feb 2011, 20:33 (Ref:2836900)   #17
nomad_n
Racer

New Zealand
gold coast
Day 5 and we are still getting rather large aftershocks.... the highest today was 4.7 on the ricter scale. For those who want to have a look at how many quakes there have been here is the website to have a look at...

http://quake.crowe.co.nz/ I want to challenge fellow motor-sport fans/drivers/owners & organizers to raise much needed funds for the relief funds... In a space of 3 hours myself and 4 other motor-sport volunteers raised over $300.00 for the fund.
Old 26 Feb 2011, 20:16 (Ref:2837273)   #18
Biggy G
Veteran

Biggy G should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hey Nomad, late last week I emailed the NZV8's board and they have agreed to run this decal on all of their cars at the next round in Taupo, a great gesture that i'm very appreciative of:

Have since placed the image on Facebook and have had a great response, you should see it on cars all around the Country over the next few weeks.

Radio Sport are also pulling together items for an auction to raise funds and have one of Scott Dixons helmets that he has said if it doesnt pull in 10 grand he will make up the difference. I think I might have to get in on that one...

**EDIT**
If anyone on here would like to run the sticker on their car I can either try sending you one or send you the PDF to print your own, send me a message if you're interested.

A full media release will be available later this week in regards to the support from NZ Motorsport.
Old 27 Feb 2011, 02:43 (Ref:2837363)   #19
Oreti kid
Racer

New Zealand
Toowoomba
Red Cross appeal

[QUOTE=Biggy G;2837273]Hey Nomad, late last week I emailed the NZV8's board and they have agreed to run this decal on all of their cars at the next round in Taupo, a great gesture that i'm very appreciative of:

Have since placed the image on Facebook and have had a great response, you should see it on cars all around the Country over the next few weeks.

Radio Sport are also pulling together items for an auction to raise funds and have one of Scott Dixons helmets that he has said if it doesnt pull in 10 grand he will make up the difference. I think I might have to get in on that one...

Hi Biggy have sent you a PM if you can send me a PDF file that would be awesome.
We held a Dinner last friday night in Palmerston North and raised $585 so really happy with that.
Old 27 Feb 2011, 06:22 (Ref:2837376)   #20
Biggy G
Veteran

Biggy G should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks for the support mate, email sent.
Old 27 Feb 2011, 12:10 (Ref:2837443)   #21
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
I'll give this a couple of days and then copy it across to Parc Ferme (I'll leave it here as well with a link) as I think it deserves for a wider audience.

The continued coverage from Christchurch is both saddening for the terrible events and for the damage, but also uplifting because of the tremendous spirit shown by the Kiwis in general and the local population in particular. The British rescue workers have been interviewed on the radio here and described it as 'the best organised disaster they'd ever attended'. Credit to you all down there for the way you're handling yourselves.
Old 6 Mar 2011, 23:56 (Ref:2841221)   #22
JC Ohope
Racer

New Zealand
Wellington
JC Ohope should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJC Ohope should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good to see some support from V8 Supercars as well:

http://www.v8supercars.com.au/newsar...4/default.aspx

Quote:
The entire V8 Supercars Championship field will be showing its support of Christchurch at next month’s ITM400 in Hamilton, New Zealand.

All teams will trade in the regular ‘V8 Supercars’ logo sticker - which is usually applied on the front doors – in favour of a ‘Christchurch’ sticker to mark the tragic earthquake that has taken over 150 lives.

V8 Supercars will announce further details of its support to the fund raising appeal during this week.
SBR have also added some stickers to their cars for Clipsal, AGP and the ITM 400:

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...28.48020566936
Old 7 Mar 2011, 03:42 (Ref:2841265)   #23
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame

“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 8 Mar 2011, 04:20 (Ref:2841929)   #24
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
VESA's Donation Contribution
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 8 Mar 2011, 17:30 (Ref:2842232)   #25
nomad_n
Racer

New Zealand
gold coast
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggy G View Post
Hey Nomad, late last week I emailed the NZV8's board and they have agreed to run this decal on all of their cars at the next round in Taupo, a great gesture that i'm very appreciative of:

**EDIT**
If anyone on here would like to run the sticker on their car I can either try sending you one or send you the PDF to print your own, send me a message if you're interested.

A full media release will be available later this week in regards to the support from NZ Motorsport.
Hey there Biggy

I would love a copy of this sticker so I can put on my road car.... And thank you so much everyone for your support.

You'll be glad to know that Powerbuilt raceway didn't get damaged in anyway so once all this clears up we can get back to the important things in life such as motor-racing...

There are still houses without power and water, and now they are talking about bulldozing whole suburbs and then rebuilding them elsewhere in Chch