Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 28 Jan 2012, 23:30 (Ref:3018349)   #26
ff s conscience
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
ff s conscience should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridff s conscience should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridff s conscience should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
its ok boys, my man bit is bigger than yours

seriusly, an F1 did a 1.40ish, leaves them both for dead

and lets see if that ferrari gets anywhere near a 2.04 when it counts on race weekend

and then lets take a v8 up there on an unoffical test day, when they can run it in a non enduro trim and see how it goes
Theres a 2.08 minimum set, if you go faster you get 50kg.

And the v8 qualify as fast as possible, although granted, if the v8s could use their sprint tyre they might be fast.
Old 29 Jan 2012, 00:17 (Ref:3018357)   #27
scudd
Racer

scudd should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ff s conscience View Post
Theres a 2.08 minimum set, if you go faster you get 50kg.
Only in prac and quali, tell the whole story instead of what you want the world to believe.

You said the Ferrari was in 12hr trim for a 4, I looked forward to seeing him do multiple laps under that once the track rubbers up.

I hope you aren't wearing Ferrari underpants and back more than one team.

Is there any forum where you aren't disliked?
Old 29 Jan 2012, 00:52 (Ref:3018362)   #28
ff s conscience
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
ff s conscience should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridff s conscience should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridff s conscience should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by scudd View Post
Only in prac and quali, tell the whole story instead of what you want the world to believe.

You said the Ferrari was in 12hr trim for a 4, I looked forward to seeing him do multiple laps under that once the track rubbers up.

I hope you aren't wearing Ferrari underpants and back more than one team.

Is there any forum where you aren't disliked?
True, the benchmark is only for prac/qual. In the race, there well may be an opportunity, but traffic and fuel loads/tyre life will play a part. But, FWIW, the 2.04.95 was set NOT on green tyres, they had done a run already.

I always back Ferrari, but not Maranello Motorsport! They're competition, but they were last year too, and my car beat them easily, despite being much less powerful, although supposedly the same..... Although this year, they've stolen my last years trump card, in Simonsen. But we've repaired that damage quite well i think

My tip for the race, other than the Huglin car of course, is Bairdos 458... he could even nudge Simonsen for pace.

Just because YOU come on the internet to look for friends, doesn't mean we all do. I like to seek out the BSers, and keep 'em honest...... like yourself
Old 29 Jan 2012, 01:59 (Ref:3018374)   #29
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ff s conscience View Post
And the v8 qualify as fast as possible, although granted, if the v8s could use their sprint tyre they might be fast.
Are you suggesting the v8's use the same motor in bathurst qualifying as they do in a sprint round? highly unlikely, the bullet proof them up to run all day.

and now you start throwing variables into your 2.04 claim, depends on fuel. tyres. traffic blah blah blah
Old 29 Jan 2012, 02:07 (Ref:3018375)   #30
ff s conscience
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
Are you suggesting the v8's use the same motor in bathurst qualifying as they do in a sprint round? highly unlikely, the bullet proof them up to run all day.

and now you start throwing variables into your 2.04 claim, depends on fuel. tyres. traffic blah blah blah
ask a v8 team if you want to know that answer... But I'm sure as hell they won't be throwing ~$150k engines around willy nilly.

and NO, I'm not adding any variables, a 458 did the time at a Bathurst sprint meeting. It was a clean lap. If a clean lap becomes available with a similar fuel and tyre situation in the 12hr, there's no reason it can't repeat the time, or better.
Old 29 Jan 2012, 05:24 (Ref:3018400)   #31
St00ge
Veteran

St00ge should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
each race car is built to different RULES that restrict how fast they can go, stop ******* off trying to compare them too much.... They both lap the mountain pretty damn quickly
Old 29 Jan 2012, 05:42 (Ref:3018403)   #32
Oldtony
Veteran

Australia
Gold Coast Australia
Oldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridOldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridOldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridOldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Anybody seen a Sports Sedan entry list for Saturday afternoon?
Both ff and Pecky could be outdone.
Old 29 Jan 2012, 05:47 (Ref:3018404)   #33
Number25
Rookie

Number25 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes. No Hossack or Ricciardello however. 33 cars so it should be an awesome sight. Though, sadly I can't see anybody going under an 2:11 or 2:12.
Old 29 Jan 2012, 07:06 (Ref:3018408)   #34
chavez
Veteran

Australia
The Basin, Victoria
chavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldtony View Post
Remember the build-up when the sports sedan returned to the mountain in 1989 (?) ?

There was talk of all kinds of records being broken. But unfortunately most people failed to consider the limted budgets of the team and the limited experience on the mountain for the top sports sedan drivers at the time time.

Keith Carling probably had the best car, but I think the limited practice laps he had were his first drive at the mountain.

The end result was a massive disappointment in regards to outright speed.
Old 29 Jan 2012, 09:25 (Ref:3018456)   #35
ff s conscience
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldtony View Post
Indeed.

They'll need to be on top of things to tame their beasts there.