Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Indycar Series

Old 12 Jul 2013, 20:17 (Ref:3277120)   #1
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Indy Lights is brought to you by Dan Andersen Promotions

So, it's about to be announced: Dan Andersen has bought Indy Lights.

“Our model for operating development programs appears to be well-received by teams and drivers, and I am fortunate to have a strong staff in place. We believe in the Mazda Road to Indy, and are grateful that INDYCAR has chosen to continue its support for years to come.”

So let's hope that the championship grows back.
Old 12 Jul 2013, 23:57 (Ref:3277189)   #2
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
AP wrote a full story on the takeover by Andersen. It's on several websites: Washington Post, Sports Illustrated, ESPN, etc.
Old 15 Jul 2013, 13:17 (Ref:3277949)   #3
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
12 cars in Pro Mazda, 10 cars in Lights - hope the Road to Indy improves...
Old 15 Jul 2013, 13:54 (Ref:3277964)   #4
FordCosworthPanoz
Veteran

Bermuda
Flatts Village
FordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Hopefully they get a new Dallara by 2021.
Old 15 Jul 2013, 16:38 (Ref:3278013)   #5
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
Gomick, the USF2000 also started with low grids, but grew to 30 for year 3.
Old 19 Jul 2013, 11:26 (Ref:3279354)   #6
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I know - ya reckon Indy Lights can get 15 to 20 cars?
Old 30 Jul 2013, 16:41 (Ref:3283843)   #7
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordCosworthPanoz View Post
Hopefully they get a new Dallara by 2021.
Apparently they'll be getting a new car for 2015, the announcement of which will be made within 90 days, otherwise they will race an updated Dallara for 2014.

http://www.indycar.com/News/2013/07/...oduced-in-2015
Old 30 Jul 2013, 19:19 (Ref:3283910)   #8
ger80
Veteran

Germany
Birmingham
ger80 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Please make it non-spec and with a cost cap, like LMP2
Other series might use the same cars
Old 31 Jul 2013, 01:08 (Ref:3284017)   #9
champcarman
Veteran

champcarman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchampcarman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I may be wrong but I believe the Indy Lights chassis in similar to one era of the WSR chassis?

Make it similar in Aero and looks.
Old 4 Aug 2013, 22:31 (Ref:3285883)   #10
ptclaus98
Veteran

United States
ptclaus98 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by champcarman View Post
I may be wrong but I believe the Indy Lights chassis in similar to one era of the WSR chassis?

Make it similar in Aero and looks.
The 1st FR 3.5. Same monocoque and similar nose, IIRC.
Old 2 Oct 2013, 15:02 (Ref:3311894)   #11
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
Good news on the 2015 chassis:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Andersen
We're getting close on the chassis side, and that decision will be made between three companies: Mygale, Dallara and Multimatic [ex Lola]

Their bids are very interesting, and I have to select one that's fast, that's sexy, that will go 200 miles per hour, but more than that. I also need to select a car that has the right terms for Indy Lights team owners.
News on the engine aren't so good:

Quote:
For the engines, we've had five or six proposals, and frankly, none have really jumped out and caught my attention. I'm down to two proposals that I like the most, and I wish I could say I'm going to announce an engine at the same time as the chassis, but I'm going to need more commitment from an engine manufacturer before I feel ready to pull the trigger.
This guy is too honest, don't you think?
Old 9 Oct 2013, 13:42 (Ref:3315214)   #12
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
More news by Dan Andersen:

Quote:
We will be doing 7 events with 14 races for USF2000, 8 events with 14 races for Pro Mazda, and 10 events with 14 races for Indy Lights,” Andersen said.

“All seven USF2000 events will be with Pro Mazda and Indy Lights. Pro Mazda will have one more oval than USF2000, and Indy Lights will add Long Beach and Pocono to what Pro Mazda does. We’ll all be together for the most part, which is great.”
My schedule prediction is:

o- St Pete (USF2000, Pro Mazda, Indy Lights)
o- Long Beach (Indy Lights)
o- Barber (USF2000, Pro Mazda, Indy Lights)
o- Indianapolis GP (USF2000, Pro Mazda, Indy Lights)
o- Indianapolis RP (USF2000, Pro Mazda, Indy Lights)
o- Milwaukee (Pro Mazda, Indy Lights)
o- Houston (USF2000, Pro Mazda, Indy Lights)
o- Pocono (Indy Lights)
o- Toronto (USF2000, Pro Mazda, Indy Lights)
o- Mid-Ohio (USF2000, Pro Mazda, Indy Lights)

No Detroit, Texas, Iowa, Sonoma or Fontana.
Old 26 Oct 2013, 13:27 (Ref:3323311)   #13
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
Well, the actual Road to Indy schedule is out:

o- St Pete (USF2000, Pro Mazda, Indy Lights)
o- Long Beach (Indy Lights)
o- Barber (USF2000, Pro Mazda, Indy Lights)
o- Indianapolis GP (USF2000, Pro Mazda, Indy Lights)
o- Indianapolis ovals (USF2000, Pro Mazda, Indy Lights)
o- Houston (Pro Mazda)
o- Pocono (Indy Lights)
o- Toronto (USF2000, Indy Lights)
o- Mid-Ohio (USF2000, Pro Mazda, Indy Lights)
o- Milwaukee (Pro Mazda, Indy Lights)
o- Sears Point (USF2000, Pro Mazda, Indy Lights)

No Detroit, Texas, Iowa or Fontana. All races are on IndyCar weekends, so no Trois-Rivieres or United SportsCar either.

It's just 10 Indy Lights rounds, 8 Pro Mazda rounds and 7 USF2000 rounds. In contrast, most road/street rounds will have multiple races. Also, it's just 3 ovals in Indy Lights, 2 in Pro Mazda and 1 in USF2000.

Some television news:

Quote:
All Indy Lights races will feature same-day coverage on NBC Sports Network with international rights held by ESPN International.

Pro Mazda and USF2000 will also be featured on NBC Sports Network with a minimum of four highlight shows, which will also be broadcast on Motors TV in Europe.
Old 27 Oct 2013, 15:08 (Ref:3323683)   #14
ger80
Veteran

Germany
Birmingham
ger80 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Dallara for 2015?
http://www.racer.com/dallara-set-to-...rticle/318133/
Old 28 Oct 2013, 14:23 (Ref:3324265)   #15
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ger80 View Post
I just hope it's not as ugly as the DW12.
Old 23 Nov 2013, 12:01 (Ref:3335634)   #16
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Dallara's new Lights car. Looks very Lola/Reynard ish. Shame the DW12 couldn't have looked more like this.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/111538
Old 23 Nov 2013, 12:20 (Ref:3335638)   #17
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
Those wheels look tiny. I hope that it's a rendering mistake.
Old 23 Nov 2013, 12:34 (Ref:3335645)   #18
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaBUru38 View Post
Those wheels look tiny. I hope that it's a rendering mistake.
They do rather. Here's a profile pic of it.

Old 24 Nov 2013, 03:51 (Ref:3335881)   #19
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
What an exciting day for the series, another Dallara. I'm sure this was covered nationwide in all the papers.
Old 24 Nov 2013, 05:36 (Ref:3335891)   #20
ptclaus98
Veteran

United States
ptclaus98 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainstar View Post
What an exciting day for the series, another Dallara. I'm sure this was covered nationwide in all the papers.
Because it was going to be if it wasn't a Dallara?
Old 24 Nov 2013, 12:59 (Ref:3335997)   #21
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainstar View Post
Dallara aren't the only contender but you can bet your last dollar they'll get the contract.
Old 24 Nov 2013, 14:51 (Ref:3336021)   #22
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
Dan Andersen bargained hard. If he had chosen Dallara directly, he would have got a much worse deal.
Old 24 Nov 2013, 19:47 (Ref:3336136)   #23
rwintle
Veteran

Canada
Maple (yes really), Canada
rwintle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridrwintle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I haven't been following this, so apologies if I've missed it - what kind of engines will the series be running? Are they still using the old Infiniti at the moment? It's kind of hard to tell as mentions of the engine manufacturer have been strangely missing from the box scores, web site, etc. over the past years.
Old 24 Nov 2013, 19:56 (Ref:3336142)   #24
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by rwintle View Post
I haven't been following this, so apologies if I've missed it - what kind of engines will the series be running? Are they still using the old Infiniti at the moment? It's kind of hard to tell as mentions of the engine manufacturer have been strangely missing from the box scores, web site, etc. over the past years.
According to this article on the website, the engine package will be announced in a few weeks time.

http://www.indycar.com/News/2013/11/...car-renderings
Old 24 Nov 2013, 21:13 (Ref:3336168)   #25
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
Dan Andersen had been saying that he hadn't seen a decent proposal yet, unlike with the chassis, where he was happy about the proposals.