Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 17 Apr 2014, 15:27 (Ref:3393948)   #26
davyboy
Veteran

davyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by robhollyman View Post
I don't know much about what these people do... but the road going vehicles they're responsible for are awful... and the buying public seem to agree. Since the early 1970s, the custodians of the MG brand have been a disgrace to the people who produced their iconic predecessors... but that's a discussion for another day.

... at least 888 is a Midlands engineering company that produces high calibre work... something much more worthy of the MG badge.
Old 18 Apr 2014, 09:02 (Ref:3394279)   #27
Jiiiiiiim
Veteran

England
Devon
Jiiiiiiim should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel Wheels View Post
I heard that TOCA agreed that it was a case of 'force majeur' as it was parts related, which would seem sensible, though I believe Mr Gow wasn't too happy.
In Gow's interview on TCT he say's no decision has been made on Welch's TBL yet & he would be meeting with John Welch to discuss & then decide. Might be stalling time to see if they show up at Donington, which I believe they will be there ok.
Old 18 Apr 2014, 09:43 (Ref:3394294)   #28
Biscuits In A Red Bull
Veteran

United Kingdom
Biscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBiscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Welch says he'll be back for Donington though...

...going back to September 2013 though, I guess Mr Morgan's plans for customer Meganes fell apart...
Old 19 Apr 2014, 09:13 (Ref:3394836)   #29
Mooed
Rookie

Mooed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is Saturdays qualifying available for viewing after the fact? Or is it only possible to watch it live through their website?

Cheers
Old 19 Apr 2014, 09:37 (Ref:3394841)   #30
Biscuits In A Red Bull
Veteran

United Kingdom
Biscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBiscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I believe it is either website or go to Donington!
Old 19 Apr 2014, 20:42 (Ref:3395235)   #31
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by davyboy View Post
I don't know much about what these people do... but the road going vehicles they're responsible for are awful... and the buying public seem to agree. Since the early 1970s, the custodians of the MG brand have been a disgrace to the people who produced their iconic predecessors... but that's a discussion for another day.

... at least 888 is a Midlands engineering company that produces high calibre work... something much more worthy of the MG badge.
Oh I don't know.

I had an MG6 as a loan car for a day last year and I thought it had potential.

The engine seemed a little constrained and I suspect it could be allowed to do much more but overall it felt like it offered the basis for something good.

At the price, if it was the sort of car I needed (an estate version? .... hmm.) I could see it being viable - if the engine could be allowed to rev a little more freely. Not that it was slow - just that a 1.8 Turbo should be able to offer more.
Old 21 Apr 2014, 07:46 (Ref:3396080)   #32
davyboy
Veteran

davyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by grantp View Post
Oh I don't know.

I had an MG6 as a loan car for a day last year and I thought it had potential.

The engine seemed a little constrained and I suspect it could be allowed to do much more but overall it felt like it offered the basis for something good.

At the price, if it was the sort of car I needed (an estate version? .... hmm.) I could see it being viable - if the engine could be allowed to rev a little more freely. Not that it was slow - just that a 1.8 Turbo should be able to offer more.
If you had £19K to spend on a new car... is that the one you'd buy ?
Old 22 Apr 2014, 15:48 (Ref:3396770)   #33
medius
Veteran

England
Media Office hiding from the rain
medius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmedius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
United Autosports have already got a new Avensis shell delivered by GPRM ready to rebuild for James Cole.

Seeing as I don't think GPRM could build one from scratch, they must have one or two spares ready for such occasions. I know they have an RAR A4 in their workshop, it was shown on a tour featured on the Speedhunters website last year.
Old 22 Apr 2014, 17:07 (Ref:3396814)   #34
Apex Predator
Rookie

Wales
Apex Predator should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The BTCC is beginning to work its way into video games again. The NGTC Focus will be in Codemasters' Grid Autosport

Old 22 Apr 2014, 17:25 (Ref:3396828)   #35
thetool
Veteran

thetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thats just a generic racing Ford Focus, nothing to do with the BTCC at all.
Old 22 Apr 2014, 18:15 (Ref:3396846)   #36
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by thetool View Post
Thats just a generic racing Ford Focus, nothing to do with the BTCC at all.
I'm not so sure. It does look remarkably similar.
Old 22 Apr 2014, 18:34 (Ref:3396856)   #37
BillWiskins
Racer

European Union
Brighton
BillWiskins should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
On the Codemasters blog, they mention touring cars a lot but 'WTCC spec touring car' is as close as they get to being specific.

Not that it would be a bad thing if it were from the BTCC!

On that topic, it wouldn't be the first even if it was an NGTC Focus - the NGTC Civic was released for rFactor 2 a few months ago (officially, not a mod).
Old 22 Apr 2014, 21:03 (Ref:3396927)   #38
Apex Predator
Rookie

Wales
Apex Predator should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
After seeing the Cruze and BMW I thought that maybe it was just a generic car too, but it was those two openings in the grille that caught my attention

It also appears to have an NGTC style rear wing

Eurogamer mention that "The editorial staff at Autosport have lent their expertise to the game, alongside racing drivers such as BTCC contenders Matt Neal and Andrew Jordan."

EDIT: Motorbase have since shared the game trailer on their Facebook page, declaring they had fun with the Codemasters team. So it must be official.

Last edited by Apex Predator; 22 Apr 2014 at 21:31.
Old 23 Apr 2014, 07:03 (Ref:3397071)   #39
davyboy
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by medius View Post
United Autosports have already got a new Avensis shell delivered by GPRM ready to rebuild for James Cole.

Seeing as I don't think GPRM could build one from scratch, they must have one or two spares ready for such occasions. I know they have an RAR A4 in their workshop, it was shown on a tour featured on the Speedhunters website last year.
It wasn't nice to see that Avensis destroyed on Sunday. A very expensive weekend for James Cole. How bad was the damage to Rob Holland's Audi ?
Old 23 Apr 2014, 09:28 (Ref:3397112)   #40
gregc
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bedford
gregc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgregc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Robb tweeted this yesterday:

@rotekracing crew hard at work late into the night to get the S3 back in action for Thruxton #worsethanitlooks http://t.co/2ggDrzawNm

So I guess not a write off, thankfully, but a few late nights for the team.
Old 23 Apr 2014, 10:36 (Ref:3397122)   #41
davyboy
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregc View Post
Robb tweeted this yesterday:

@rotekracing crew hard at work late into the night to get the S3 back in action for Thruxton #worsethanitlooks http://t.co/2ggDrzawNm

So I guess not a write off, thankfully, but a few late nights for the team.
Hhmmm... don't like the 'worse than it looks'... it looked bad enough Hopefully they manage to get him back out at Thruxton.
Old 23 Apr 2014, 10:40 (Ref:3397124)   #42
auroan
Veteran

auroan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by medius View Post
I know they have an RAR A4 in their workshop, it was shown on a tour featured on the Speedhunters website last year.
That was Robb Holland's S3 shell.
Old 23 Apr 2014, 16:33 (Ref:3397329)   #43
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
speaking of Motorbase, hopefully there is now indeed a ray of light for them after Mat Jackson result in race 3,

getting a bit tired with the Honda-MG-Colin Turkington staus quo, we need some more different blood on podium
Old 23 Apr 2014, 23:30 (Ref:3397501)   #44
TR.
Rookie

United Kingdom
TR. should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveLevin View Post
I was surprised that Quantel spent the money to ship Hynes' car (or at least, an NGTC MG in his livery) to Las Vegas for the NAB show. At first I thought "oh, I bet that's a rental car from Hertz in a wrap" and was surprised to see it really WAS an NGTC car.

Steve
Sorry Steve is wasn't an NGTC car, it was one of Quantel's two road cars with the livery on!
Old 24 Apr 2014, 08:11 (Ref:3397602)   #45
davyboy
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche962fan View Post
speaking of Motorbase, hopefully there is now indeed a ray of light for them after Mat Jackson result in race 3,

getting a bit tired with the Honda-MG-Colin Turkington staus quo, we need some more different blood on podium
I think the Focus is intrinsically a good car... and Motorbase are a very professional outfit. They'll get on top of it and will win races before the season's out.
Old 24 Apr 2014, 09:24 (Ref:3397628)   #46
Bramzel
Veteran

Netherlands
Apeldoorn, The Netherlands
Bramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by davyboy View Post
I think the Focus is intrinsically a good car... and Motorbase are a very professional outfit. They'll get on top of it and will win races before the season's out.
I heard that last year... I do believe its possible, but I also think they have to. If they don't manage to get it together this year it'll seriously hurt their image I think.
Old 24 Apr 2014, 12:41 (Ref:3397688)   #47
medius
Veteran

England
Media Office hiding from the rain
medius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmedius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by auroan View Post
That was Robb Holland's S3 shell.
Nope, definitely A4.

http://www.speedhunters.com/2014/02/...d-temptations/

Old 24 Apr 2014, 15:00 (Ref:3397763)   #48
SteveLevin
Rookie

United States
near the Corkscrew!
SteveLevin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TR. View Post
Sorry Steve is wasn't an NGTC car, it was one of Quantel's two road cars with the livery on!
I didn't take a picture, but I'm 99% sure it wasn't a road car, whatever it was -- it was a stripped and caged chassis unless my memory has totally failed me.

Steve
Old 28 Apr 2014, 15:22 (Ref:3399235)   #49
emicen
Rookie

Scotland
Glasgow
emicen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveLevin View Post
I didn't take a picture, but I'm 99% sure it wasn't a road car, whatever it was -- it was a stripped and caged chassis unless my memory has totally failed me.

Steve

Like the Honda Civic that sat at KH for a few weeks before the BTCC last year. Generally they are stripped and caged with buckets, upgraded brakes but road engines.

In the case of the Honda it had standard brakes on the back and standard Type R running gear to be used for passenger laps.
Scottish MINI Cooper Cup racer [Car #3]
Old 29 Apr 2014, 13:35 (Ref:3399671)   #50
davyboy
Veteran

An update on James Cole's and Robb Holland's cars here. I'm guessing that both of these will have been insurance jobs... albeit with an eye watering excess to be paid.