Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 9 Aug 2023, 04:10 (Ref:4171917)   #1
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
New Owner For Supercar Category?

Interesting whispers out Tailem Bend way overnight, suggesting that the soon to be renamed Shell V Power Raceway may also have another job in the near future.

If you believe the story wandering around, it seems to suggest that may be a new Boss Hogg in town for the Supercar series.

With the brothers reportedly extracting a kings ransom for their petrol and convenience businesses, the financial capability is definitely apparent.

Story goes it is a full takeover. What that might do for the incumbent management could be interesting to speculate.

Let’s see who breaks an embargo, if there is one, and claim a world scoop.

Presuming any of this actually happened…
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 9 Aug 2023, 07:49 (Ref:4171920)   #2
mite5255
Racer

Australia
Caboolture Queensland
mite5255 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Interesting whispers out Tailem Bend way overnight, suggesting that the soon to be renamed Shell V Power Raceway may also have another job in the near future.

If you believe the story wandering around, it seems to suggest that may be a new Boss Hogg in town for the Supercar series.

With the brothers reportedly extracting a kings ransom for their petrol and convenience businesses, the financial capability is definitely apparent.

Story goes it is a full takeover. What that might do for the incumbent management could be interesting to speculate.

Come on GTR, you know more, just whisper in my ear and I solemnly promise I'll keep it to myself
Old 9 Aug 2023, 08:20 (Ref:4171923)   #3
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
bluesport User had had their licence endorsedbluesport User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post

Presuming any of thcis actually happened…
7eleven was sold reently.
Old 9 Aug 2023, 08:37 (Ref:4171925)   #4
GreenMachine
Racer

Australia
Canberra
GreenMachine should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGreenMachine should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Does this mean that the bickering in the parity thread will go away? Please?
Old 12 Aug 2023, 00:31 (Ref:4172225)   #5
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
If you wait long enough, a journalist may pull their finger out and ask the hard questions..

Here

Be funny if they announce something at the prospective new owners’ V8Supercar round next week now wouldnt it

Old 12 Aug 2023, 09:16 (Ref:4172264)   #6
Kingair
Veteran

Kingair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKingair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Perfect timing for the announcement.
Old 12 Aug 2023, 09:39 (Ref:4172269)   #7
bludvl_x19
Veteran

Australia
umop apisdn
bludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridbludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridbludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridbludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Has the sale of the petrol business passed the ACCC yet? Can't spend money that you don't have...
Old 12 Aug 2023, 12:23 (Ref:4172291)   #8
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by bludvl_x19 View Post
Has the sale of the petrol business passed the ACCC yet? Can't spend money that you don't have...
Peregrine Corporation were set to purchase V8Supercar even before OTR had been sold.

The potential Boss Hogg is at QR this weekend racing his gruelling dropped egg..
Wonder how hard it might be for someone to ask…
Old 12 Aug 2023, 14:05 (Ref:4172307)   #9
Sandgroper
Veteran

Australia
Perth WA (south of the river)
Sandgroper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Was the Series actually for sale?
It only just changed hands
Old 12 Aug 2023, 19:18 (Ref:4172356)   #10
Compromised
Veteran

Compromised should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandgroper View Post
Was the Series actually for sale?
It only just changed hands

The current, uh.... situation may be causing the new owners buyers remorse.

I'm all for it, but it has to be a clean house. No Skaife advisory positions please
Old 13 Aug 2023, 01:30 (Ref:4172408)   #11
Sandgroper
Veteran

Australia
Perth WA (south of the river)
Sandgroper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Compromised View Post
The current, uh.... situation may be causing the new owners buyers remorse.

I'm all for it, but it has to be a clean house. No Skaife advisory positions please
Clearly something needs to change.
Series seems to be going down a rabbit hole.
Holden leaving hasnt helped IMHO

Needs more brands or something.

The good steerers want to leave.

WHo knows, the devil you know or dont !
Old 13 Aug 2023, 04:22 (Ref:4172412)   #12
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
SVG is brilliant but his personality has rarely been different. Series now will be better without him.

Cam Waters is a tantrum-prone child who thinks he is as good as he used to be,
cannot look in the mirror and cop to this own mistakes, and his results bear out that he peaked, without winning, when he had the best car.

I wouldn't miss him if he was to leave.
Old 13 Aug 2023, 05:51 (Ref:4172419)   #13
Ares
Racer

Ares should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post
SVG is brilliant but his personality has rarely been different. Series now will be better without him.

Cam Waters is a tantrum-prone child who thinks he is as good as he used to be,
cannot look in the mirror and cop to this own mistakes, and his results bear out that he peaked, without winning, when he had the best car.

I wouldn't miss him if he was to leave.
And be average somewhere else? Doors will be flying open all over the world.
Old 13 Aug 2023, 06:09 (Ref:4172420)   #14
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
bluesport User had had their licence endorsedbluesport User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Clearly something needs to change.
Series seems to be going down a rabbit hole.
Holden leaving hasnt helped IMHO

WHo knows, the devil you know or dont !
Series is much better without holden, they should have left years ago imo.
Old 13 Aug 2023, 06:21 (Ref:4172421)   #15
Ares
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesport View Post
Series is much better without holden, they should have left years ago imo.
Well, you would say that. Maybe you could enlighten us all with a detailed reason why that would have benefited the sport, and added to the motor racing history of Australia? Can't wait!
Old 13 Aug 2023, 08:15 (Ref:4172435)   #16
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ares View Post
Well, you would say that. Maybe you could enlighten us all with a detailed reason why that would have benefited the sport, and added to the motor racing history of Australia? Can't wait!
Holden were just a shitbox family hack paraded as a desirable brand by deluded aussies........good riddance.
Old 14 Aug 2023, 00:07 (Ref:4172637)   #17
V8 Fireworks
Veteran

V8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
As I've said, Gen 3 was the chance to reinvent the category with a wide variety of sports coupes -- not limited to the Ford Mustang, but also the Nissan Z, BMW M4 etc.

It's a shame that didn't happen.

I'm not the only one who doesn't understand why the Australian Touring Car Championship consists exclusively of American pony cars from Detroit. It's not very logical at all.

If the multi-brands during COTF had been handled better, perhaps there would be more brands out there...
Old 14 Aug 2023, 01:10 (Ref:4172643)   #18
Ares
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Fireworks View Post
As I've said, Gen 3 was the chance to reinvent the category with a wide variety of sports coupes -- not limited to the Ford Mustang, but also the Nissan Z, BMW M4 etc.

It's a shame that didn't happen.

I'm not the only one who doesn't understand why the Australian Touring Car Championship consists exclusively of American pony cars from Detroit. It's not very logical at all.

If the multi-brands during COTF had been handled better, perhaps there would be more brands out there...
It had been Ford and Holden for a very longtime. Did the Merc and Nissan really spice things up? And who are the other people not happy with the Detroit thing? I've never seen it yet? I think it is more the racing than the brands.
Old 14 Aug 2023, 04:12 (Ref:4172649)   #19
HDTVKSS
Veteran

HDTVKSS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Fireworks View Post
The issue here is that GT3 / 4 already exist in a similar space. its unlikely manufacturers are going to invest in a bespoke product in such a small market.
Old 14 Aug 2023, 04:25 (Ref:4172650)   #20
HDTVKSS
Veteran

HDTVKSS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesport View Post
There's nothing that's not factual about about commodores being a shitbox family hack.
Ah so its not parity then, its just that Ford has always performed in a substandard manner against a 'shibox' brand and now they are up against the worldwide GM brand its been found badly wanting. got it. time to unwind all recent those changes...
Old 14 Aug 2023, 05:01 (Ref:4172653)   #21
Alan52
Veteran

Australia
Glenmore Park
Alan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAlan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The last 19 posts have absolutely nothing to do with the thread topic.A new record!
Meanwhile question is why haven’t the usual motor racing web sites picked up on the sale -prospective or done deal?
Old 14 Aug 2023, 05:22 (Ref:4172654)   #22
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Take your Ford V Holden BS elsewhere. This isn't Facebook.
Old 14 Aug 2023, 05:24 (Ref:4172655)   #23
blaarg
Racer

blaarg should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDTVKSS View Post
The issue here is that GT3 / 4 already exist in a similar space. its unlikely manufacturers are going to invest in a bespoke product in such a small market.
It wouldn't take much to convert GEN3 to GT3 spec if new owners take the series on the same path as DTM
Old 14 Aug 2023, 06:07 (Ref:4172656)   #24
Ares
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Umai Naa View Post
Take your Ford V Holden BS elsewhere. This isn't Facebook.
Maybe the wrong thread, but Ford vs Holden is what Supercars was built on. This is what most conversation on here has been about for years. I don't know where you have been? So what are you going to chat about? or is that it?
Old 14 Aug 2023, 08:03 (Ref:4172669)   #25
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Oh, dear, looks like the school holidays have kicked off. 20 odd posts deleted, keep it civil.