Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 20 May 2000, 19:42 (Ref:1154)   #1
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
According to AutoSport, this is what Cranky Mika had to say about his qualifying run today:

'I’m naturally disappointed to be third,' he said. 'I don’t think my car was performing as well as David’s today. The car set-up wasn’t perfect but it’s not a big problem.

'It was not 100 per cent in any of the practices. Qualifying proved that the car is not optimum for me and we were not able to make changes quick enough for me.'

In other words IT WAS NOT MY FAULT! IT WAS THE CAR, IT WAS THE TEAM, IT WAS MY TEAMMATE, IT WAS ALIENS!

Come on, Mika, couldn't it have been in some slight way, your fault that you are third? Um, you were the guy behind the wheel, yes?

Or was that an alien?

Old 20 May 2000, 19:48 (Ref:1155)   #2
Sparky
Veteran

Sparky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It looked pretty alien to me...
Old 20 May 2000, 20:02 (Ref:1156)   #3
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Nah, he always looks like that.
Old 20 May 2000, 20:29 (Ref:1157)   #4
Sparky
Veteran

Sparky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It must be the effects of sleeping for three hundred light years, during the trip from Alpha Centuri.
Old 20 May 2000, 20:49 (Ref:1158)   #5
KC
Veteran

United States
Tulsa, Oklahoma, USA
KC should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKC should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Wonder how David felt these last two years?
Old 20 May 2000, 21:20 (Ref:1159)   #6
Tristan
Veteran

Tristan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
WHAT A CROCK OF ****!!! YOU DRIVE THE SAME CAR AS DC. YOU'RE A BETTER DRIVER THAN HE (though isn't pretty much anyone). IT'S YOUR OWN FAULT FOR NOT SORTING THE CAR OUT. YOU MUST HAVE KNOWN RAIN WAS ON THE CARDS SO YOU'D NEED A BANKER LAP. YOU CAN'T JUST LEAVE IT TO THE END AS YOU ALWAYS DO. SHUT YOUR FACE, MORON!!

Ahem....
Old 20 May 2000, 21:32 (Ref:1160)   #7
Ace
Rookie

Ace should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What a stupid remark. Liz your hate for Mika makes you say such stupid things. Of course it was the car, or did you see any mistake from his part during his runs? Did you see him getting out of the car during the session? Why do you think was that? Did you see the mechanics working in the front breaks? Did you read what Ron Dennis said? I think you should.

He should have complained about Herbert blocking him in his first run, did you see that? You seem to have a sour taste in your mouth when it comes to Mika, why is that?
MS had the car to be on pole today and he screw it up, his fault not the car. Mika did great considering he hadn’t had the best car
Old 20 May 2000, 21:41 (Ref:1161)   #8
Tristan
Veteran

Tristan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
But that's not the point. I actually agree with Liz on this one (apologies for my rather animated posting there; it's been a long week!)

It isn't anything personal. It's just how can you possibly "blame the car" when it's the best (or equal best) on the grid? Who's responsible for setting it up? Don't blame your team.
Old 20 May 2000, 22:04 (Ref:1162)   #9
Liz
Veteran

I don't hate Mika. I hate excuses. Who cares if he's on the pole or why he's not, except him? You don't get points for being on pole, and whoever wins the race from pole (except in Monaco)? Why not leave it at "See you in the race" and go home?

Losers make excuses. Winners drive.
Old 20 May 2000, 23:18 (Ref:1168)   #10
Liz
Veteran

Yep "When it goes right, I did it all by myself! When it goes wrong, IT'S NOT MY FAULT!"

But as I will repeat, I don't hate Mika. I don't like excuses. And as much as I find TGF a prime annoyance, when his car is stuffed up, he says "I will have to work harder in the race." And he does. He doesn't blame aliens and quit trying in the hopes that someone ahead of him will fall off the track.

UPDATE: Erm, you were saying?

[This message has been edited by Liz (edited 21 May 2000).]
Old 20 May 2000, 23:53 (Ref:1163)   #11
Minardi fan
Veteran

England
Llamaville, Kent
Minardi fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Tristan:
WHAT A CROCK OF ****!!! YOU DRIVE THE SAME CAR AS DC. YOU'RE A BETTER DRIVER THAN HE (though isn't pretty much anyone). IT'S YOUR OWN FAULT FOR NOT SORTING THE CAR OUT. YOU MUST HAVE KNOWN RAIN WAS ON THE CARDS SO YOU'D NEED A BANKER LAP. YOU CAN'T JUST LEAVE IT TO THE END AS YOU ALWAYS DO. SHUT YOUR FACE, MORON!!
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Liz and Tristan, you are to be applauded.

Face it Ace, Hakkinen stuffed up. WOW! Cranky Mika makes a mistake. Oooooooh did you hear that??? Sounds like someone is miffed at Mika's poor start to 2000, non????

Old 21 May 2000, 00:03 (Ref:1164)   #12
Rated R
Rookie

Rated R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ace, I don't agree with parts of your post, honestly. First of all, what's MS got to do with the topic in question? He's on the front row and at least he doesn't make excuses like the Cranky one. So he made a little mistake, he locked the brakes--he's pushing himself to the limit--everyone makes mistakes. Or you think TCO (The Cranky One )gets it always right and only the team or car can screw him up? Well, let me remind you of Imola and Monza last year.
Maybe it's not the car or the team after all. Maybe it's him this time; maybe he didn't try hard enough; maybe he didn't push himself to the limit; maybe he doesn't want to do it anymore; maybe he's getting a little uneasy with DC's sudden rebirth;maybe he can't handle the mental pressure that well; maybe he wants to spend more time with his wife instead of chasing the wind; maybe he's a little too fed up, a little too tired...

To tell you the truth, I don't think TCO believes that he can win the WDC this year...I don't belive that he can do it either.
Old 21 May 2000, 00:04 (Ref:1165)   #13
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Liz, you forgot the long pauses in Mika's quote............ however........i .......... think......Mika......... has...........every ...........right ..........to .........complain .............after.........all..........he .........was ..........beaten ............by ..............a .........dead............ man ............for ...........the.......pole.
Old 21 May 2000, 01:24 (Ref:1166)   #14
Liz
Veteran

What, has this thing appeared again tonight? (Hamlet)

You know what I'm seeing ... the ghost of Damon Hill's last season ...

Old 21 May 2000, 01:43 (Ref:1167)   #15
Ace
Rookie

Ace should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Liz you don't hate Mika?

I got it, when Mika wins is because he is driving a Newey car that drives itself to victory. But when something goes wrong is Mika's fault. Probably now you should understand that is not that easy to drive and setup a Newey car, at least not as easy as a Ferrari.

When Mika responds with a Yes he is boring, when he speaks his mind he is blaming others. Make up your minds, will you?

All of you, this is the question. Did you see the mechanics working on Mika's car during the session, yes or not? Isn't that enough for you geniuses to figure it out that something was wrong with the car? Meaning that it was not 100% to Mika's liking, which is was he is pointing out.

You are right, tomorrow we shall see who wins and then don't complain when Mika responds to the question:
"Mika are you happy with the victory?"
Yes.