Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising Live Chat  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 31 Jul 2013, 05:37 (Ref:3284056)   #16
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bononi View Post
So Sauber is saved from their troubles ?!?
I am not sure anyone in the media has bothered to find out. It is still dreadfully unclear as to what this new Russian money actually does for Sauber.
Old 31 Jul 2013, 07:56 (Ref:3284085)   #17
Biscuits In A Red Bull
Veteran

United Kingdom
Biscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBiscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
getting back to Sauber though, do they still need to make a deal for an engine next year? surely that deal/discount will come with a driver as well.

Biscuits, welcome to the forum. love the name
I don't know about that, but if they don't, McLaren may as well push for one season just to put Kevin Magnussen on the deal. And that guy is seriously quick. They're probably going to keep Ferrari engines if they haven't already.
Old 31 Jul 2013, 10:34 (Ref:3284132)   #18
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
being realistic for a second, sauber are going to need a decent experienced driver alongside sirotkin if that comes through. will there be anyone available who won't want an arm and a leg in salaries and who can bring a personal sponsor or two?

i think mclaren would be far better dropping magnussen at marussia, in exchange for a bit of dough and some consultancy work to get the most out of the money they have coming in...
Old 31 Jul 2013, 13:03 (Ref:3284196)   #19
ptclaus98
Veteran

United States
ptclaus98 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
being realistic for a second, sauber are going to need a decent experienced driver alongside sirotkin if that comes through. will there be anyone available who won't want an arm and a leg in salaries and who can bring a personal sponsor or two?

i think mclaren would be far better dropping magnussen at marussia, in exchange for a bit of dough and some consultancy work to get the most out of the money they have coming in...
There's a Japanese bloke who has a bit of money and is tenured at the team. I don't know if I'd call him a steady hand, though.
Old 31 Jul 2013, 13:12 (Ref:3284201)   #20
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post

It's rather a shame things haven't worked out between Nico and Sauber, because he could be quite a good choice and it seems there aren't likely to be many better places for him to go unless it's a swap with someone.

Magnussesn and Bianchi at Marussia would make an interesting comparison for McLaren and Ferrari...
Old 31 Jul 2013, 14:51 (Ref:3284233)   #21
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
i'd like to think that ferrari fancy turfing massa out and bunging bianchi in for next season. he hasn't done anything stupid or been outpaced by chilton or anything, so theres no obvious reason why not.
Old 31 Jul 2013, 14:55 (Ref:3284234)   #22
davyboy
Veteran

davyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
I am not sure anyone in the media has bothered to find out. It is still dreadfully unclear as to what this new Russian money actually does for Sauber.
That's my take on it too. This is what was being reported 3 days ago.
Old 31 Jul 2013, 15:47 (Ref:3284251)   #23
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Mexican and Russians, a nice combination.
Old 8 Aug 2013, 18:28 (Ref:3287366)   #24
Moneyseeker
Subscriber
Veteran

Moneyseeker should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMoneyseeker should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMoneyseeker should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMoneyseeker should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
According to Grandprix.com, the money has yet to appear...

"Monisha Kaltenborn has admitted Sauber's Russian rescue deal is facing delays."

http://www.grandprix.com/ns/ns26066.html
Old 9 Aug 2013, 00:55 (Ref:3287438)   #25
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Let's see what happens next...
Old 10 Aug 2013, 01:49 (Ref:3287829)   #26
ptclaus98
Veteran

United States
ptclaus98 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moneyseeker View Post
According to Grandprix.com, the money has yet to appear...

"Monisha Kaltenborn has admitted Sauber's Russian rescue deal is facing delays."

http://www.grandprix.com/ns/ns26066.html
I was skeptical before, but this is laughable.
Old 10 Aug 2013, 02:17 (Ref:3287838)   #27
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new lap record!Paradise City is going for a new lap record!Paradise City is going for a new lap record!Paradise City is going for a new lap record!Paradise City is going for a new lap record!Paradise City is going for a new lap record!
I'd be very surprised if it didn't happen. These appear to be state companies private investors have invested into but state entities nevertheless and if anyone delivers; it should be them. These companies wouldn't be investing if it didn't come from the very top and I mean at a level higher than Sirotkin The Elder.
Old 10 Aug 2013, 07:43 (Ref:3287897)   #28
Biscuits In A Red Bull
Veteran

United Kingdom
Biscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBiscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Maybe Sirotkin will have another year in FR3.5 where he can get some wins and prove his worth...

...and Robin Frijns has always been in the frame for a Sauber seat. If it wasn't for Telmex I'm pretty sure he'd be driving Gutierrez's car and actually have some points.
Old 11 Aug 2013, 14:51 (Ref:3288316)   #29
davyboy
Veteran

davyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biscuits In A Red Bull View Post
Maybe Sirotkin will have another year in FR3.5 where he can get some wins and prove his worth...

...and Robin Frijns has always been in the frame for a Sauber seat. If it wasn't for Telmex I'm pretty sure he'd be driving Gutierrez's car and actually have some points.
I don't think so. I imagine the money is strictly on condition that Sirotkin is driving that car next year, particularly at Sochi.