Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

View Poll Results: Who is your driver of the race?
Vettel 18 31.03%
Alonso 27 46.55%
Hamilton 0 0%
Rosberg 0 0%
Webber 1 1.72%
Button 6 10.34%
Massa 0 0%
Grosjean 0 0%
Sutil 0 0%
Ricciardo 3 5.17%
Perez 0 0%
Vergne 0 0%
Hulkenberg 0 0%
Gutierrez 0 0%
Bottas 0 0%
van Der Garde 1 1.72%
Maldonado 1 1.72%
Bianchi 0 0%
Chilton 0 0%
di Resta 0 0%
Raikkonen 1 1.72%
Pic 0 0%
Voters: 58. You may not vote on this poll

Old 25 Aug 2013, 13:24 (Ref:3293724)   #1
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Driver of the race - Belgian Grand Prix

Who is your driver of the race?
Old 25 Aug 2013, 13:35 (Ref:3293728)   #2
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Alonso for me.
Old 25 Aug 2013, 14:35 (Ref:3293752)   #3
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Vettel for me. A perfect drive.

Alonso and Button also had great drives.
Old 25 Aug 2013, 14:37 (Ref:3293753)   #4
Biscuits In A Red Bull
Veteran

United Kingdom
Biscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBiscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There are 4 standouts, but I know my one...
Old 25 Aug 2013, 15:08 (Ref:3293764)   #5
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Alonso, superb drive.
Old 25 Aug 2013, 15:26 (Ref:3293771)   #6
TrapezeArtist
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
TrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
It could only be Vettel. He won the race, which is the name of the game. No-one else did enough to elevate themselves to DOTR.

POTR goes to Pedro Maldonado (not for the first time!).
Old 25 Aug 2013, 15:33 (Ref:3293773)   #7
Biscuits In A Red Bull
Veteran

United Kingdom
Biscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBiscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Alonso>Vettel? And Ricciardo has got one over Button? I can understand VDG...
Old 25 Aug 2013, 16:39 (Ref:3293789)   #8
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Alonso, from 9th to 2nd, an excellent drive. I thought Button drove well and managed to get something out of that dog of a car.
Old 25 Aug 2013, 16:45 (Ref:3293791)   #9
IceMan_PJN
Racer

United States
Ohio
IceMan_PJN has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I went with Alonso. Vettel dominated, but the car clearly contributes a good deal of that with the ease by which he breezed by Hamilton without DRS. I guess I'm crediting Alonso for taking his car higher than it probably belongs.
Old 25 Aug 2013, 17:01 (Ref:3293796)   #10
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
pains me to say it but Seb was in a class of his own in what was a boring race
Old 25 Aug 2013, 17:06 (Ref:3293798)   #11
andy666
Racer

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire
andy666 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridandy666 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Alonso , another great start, a great drive and showing Mark that he can also overtake on the run up to Eau Rouge .
Old 25 Aug 2013, 19:18 (Ref:3293833)   #12
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by IceMan_PJN View Post
I went with Alonso. Vettel dominated, but the car clearly contributes a good deal of that with the ease by which he breezed by Hamilton without DRS. I guess I'm crediting Alonso for taking his car higher than it probably belongs.

Yep, my thoughts exactly.

Class of his own Vettel. Well, he won the race totally unchallenged. Not for one second after he left the rest of the field in his wake after Eau Rouge was there ever any doubt who was going to win. But does that make it a great drive? I suppose, unlike others, he made no mistake, and it's not his fault his car was beyond the class of the field. He might as well have started at the back. But I'll still give it to Alonso.
Old 25 Aug 2013, 19:46 (Ref:3293849)   #13
stripedcat
Veteran

stripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridstripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Got to be Vettel. He can't overtake - don't you know? It was a typical Vettel performance - get the lead, build up a large gap and set those fastest laps. He was in a different race to everyone else.

Alonso gets 2nd place. Superb performance from him. He seemed to have a much fastest car now.

3rd place for Jenson and dragging that McLaren up to 6th. Didn't quite make the one stopper work, but still a top drawer job from him.

Wally of the race - Pasta and Mouldy Tomatoes.
Old 25 Aug 2013, 20:53 (Ref:3293870)   #14
P38 in workshop
Veteran

P38 in workshop has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Voted for Vettel but noticed the drives from Alonso and Button.Sutil also looked quite handy.
Old 25 Aug 2013, 21:33 (Ref:3293872)   #15
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
pains me to say it but Seb was in a class of his own in what was a boring race
This. He drove a flawless race, Alonso's car had an improper rear-wing configuration, thereby negating the possibility of going at maximum speed. And Raikkonen destroyed his brakes.

The 2013 Belgian Grand Prix at Spa will be historically remembered as one of the most boring races of the year.
Old 25 Aug 2013, 21:37 (Ref:3293875)   #16
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I would have voted for Vettel, but quite frankly I enjoy being told I'm racist for not dong too much.

Actually I voted for Jenson. But now I've thought about it I wish I voted for Teflonso. I forgot he started ninth.
Old 25 Aug 2013, 23:09 (Ref:3293910)   #17
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Driver of the race, Vettel by miles! Webber had the same car - allegedly?

POTR whoever the idiot was that decided to penalize Perez for letting Vergne fall off the track next to him.

Do the stewards really play spin the wheel to decide penalties and guilt?
Old 25 Aug 2013, 23:24 (Ref:3293921)   #18
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnut View Post
Driver of the race, Vettel by miles! Webber had the same car - allegedly?
I wonder, sometimes.
Old 26 Aug 2013, 00:39 (Ref:3293947)   #19
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born Racer View Post
Who is your driver of the race?
Can we still put Mark Webber on the 2014 F1 DOTR polls, even though he isnt going to be racing?

He won it for me for confirming his replacement, while all the corporate types are hiding somewhere, looking for some maximised leverage opportunity....

“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 26 Aug 2013, 00:42 (Ref:3293948)   #20
F1Pete
Veteran

Canada
Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
F1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridF1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Kimi of course for storming through the field until a tear off destroyed his race.
Old 26 Aug 2013, 00:46 (Ref:3293950)   #21
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1Pete View Post
Kimi of course for storming through the field until a tear off destroyed his race.
I thought it was breaks.
Old 26 Aug 2013, 02:01 (Ref:3293967)   #22
beau1
Veteran

Wales
Swansea,Wales
beau1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbeau1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbeau1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Difficult decision this week as the race was so dull. Alonso had to do the most work to get to his finishing position though so he gets the award from me.

Vettel is in a league of his own but that wasn't much of a surprise to me.
Old 26 Aug 2013, 04:02 (Ref:3293980)   #23
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
I thought it was breaks.
Story from Lotus is that a helmet tearoff found its way into the brake cooling duct, and blocked it, overheating the brakes.. and causing the whole system to fail...
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 26 Aug 2013, 05:03 (Ref:3294005)   #24
Neil22
Veteran

United States
Nor Cal
Neil22 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Alonso, kudos to all on the podium though.
Old 26 Aug 2013, 06:09 (Ref:3294013)   #25
FordCosworthPanoz
Veteran

Bermuda
Flatts Village
FordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The Van driver who smuggled the Greenpeace protesters into the paddock area.