Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

View Poll Results: What score do you give it?
10 1 1.64%
9 0 0%
8 4 6.56%
7 6 9.84%
6 14 22.95%
5 12 19.67%
4 9 14.75%
3 7 11.48%
2 4 6.56%
1 4 6.56%
Voters: 61. You may not vote on this poll

Old 25 Aug 2013, 22:41 (Ref:3293901)   #26
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy666 View Post
Did you see Kimi's brakes ?
Should have phrased it differently... there are some very heavy braking sections but it's flat out 75% of the time. It's almost like the Daytona 500 if they decided to run through the bus stop.

Oh, and happy birthday, Born Racer. I didn't forget.
Old 25 Aug 2013, 22:56 (Ref:3293906)   #27
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Now I might, just, take an arguement that current F1 cars have made Spa less of a challenge. However, overrated? No, no sir-ee, nope, not a bit, negative. Best ever, I'm afraid, although I concede my experience isn't in an F1 car.
Old 25 Aug 2013, 23:00 (Ref:3293908)   #28
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Gave it a 6.

I know it seems overly high, but I love this circuit, qualifying was really good, and Vettel's first lap tactics were out of the top drawer.

Also the post race "settling room" interaction between Seb and Lewis was interesting to watch, Lewis seems to be in a much happier place than when he was at McLaren and I believe it is showing in his driving.

Alonso standing off to the side with a long face contemplating what might have been was not such an attractive sight!

Stewards - Perez penalty - you have to be kidding!

Last edited by wnut; 25 Aug 2013 at 23:11.
Old 25 Aug 2013, 23:49 (Ref:3293938)   #29
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
Now I might, just, take an arguement that current F1 cars have made Spa less of a challenge. However, overrated? No, no sir-ee, nope, not a bit, negative. Best ever, I'm afraid, although I concede my experience isn't in an F1 car.
That's the Nordschleife, I'm afraid.
Old 26 Aug 2013, 00:46 (Ref:3293951)   #30
F1Pete
Veteran

Canada
Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
F1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridF1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I gave it a 1. There wasn't a zero.
Old 26 Aug 2013, 01:08 (Ref:3293953)   #31
dsg
Veteran

Thailand
Chonburi
dsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
I just love the variety in these 'rate it' threads and I was probably motivated just ever so slightly from having watched footage of the 1955 race before I watched this. But 8? 8????
Automatic 6 for being Spa and 2 for the race. = 8.

Simples.
Old 26 Aug 2013, 01:55 (Ref:3293966)   #32
beau1
Veteran

Wales
Swansea,Wales
beau1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbeau1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbeau1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
As many others have said it was a boring race for Spa. Actually I can't remember a race at Spa that was this dull .

I enjoy the Maldonado-Force India-Esteban battle but even that ended up in tears for the wrong driver.

4 from me.
Old 26 Aug 2013, 07:49 (Ref:3294046)   #33
FAS33
Veteran

Australia
1st - 6th gear
FAS33 User had had their licence endorsedFAS33 User had had their licence endorsed
cheer up guys! it was an awesome race

gave it a 10, there wasn't a 12..
Old 26 Aug 2013, 08:18 (Ref:3294060)   #34
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnut View Post
Gave it a 6.

I know it seems overly high, but I love this circuit, qualifying was really good, and Vettel's first lap tactics were out of the top drawer.

What first lap tactics? Get away quick, breeze past Lewis - game over. Not hugely tactical to my mind?
Old 26 Aug 2013, 08:19 (Ref:3294062)   #35
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by FAS33 View Post

On that basis I'm just not gonna play any more..... Pointless, quite literally.....
Old 26 Aug 2013, 10:14 (Ref:3294114)   #36
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
3. A bit below average. Somehow didn't find it inspiring, despite it being the first race back. Not terrible, but just rather dry, and I don't just mean the weather.
Old 26 Aug 2013, 12:06 (Ref:3294146)   #37
jsTrecu
Veteran

jsTrecu should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjsTrecu should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
6. Boring at the front, but some nice fights in the mid-pack, and it's Spa-Francorchamps.

I think most fans were expecting so much from yesterday they got disappointed. The race was way overhyped by the media. Summer break was over, it was Spa, Mercedes won Hungary, all the talking about Lewis being a contender, rain was possible.... And then what happened, everybody came back to reality in the first lap of the race.
Old 26 Aug 2013, 12:35 (Ref:3294162)   #38
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
That's the Nordschleife, I'm afraid.
I nearly wrote better than nordscleife actually. I love the Nordschleife, but I have always preferred Spa.
Old 26 Aug 2013, 13:56 (Ref:3294190)   #39
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by FAS33 View Post

Oh well, if you dream after you fall asleep, that can be awesome.
Old 26 Aug 2013, 14:34 (Ref:3294221)   #40
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
i gave it a 6 but that was more because i let my expectation run way too high and set myself up for a let down. i think if i watched it in isolation of the quali session a 7 or 8 would have been my score as well.

i thought the race director did a good job in finding all the action and in this day and age of tire, engine, and gearbox conservation i do think that SV and RB winning on a track like this by 17sec (could have bee a lot more) was truly a spectacular sight to see.

you can blame BE, tires, DRS, emasculated tracks, etc etc and i can understand why that lowers peoples' scores but how come no one ever points to the other teams as being pants as the reason?

to be fair some have been hinting at it in other threads, why did Webber chose that strategy and how the other top runners were hoping for rain, and how they set up for rain from quali...quite honestly anyone who could have challenged SV had a bigger problem then the speed of the RB and that is they made lots of incorrect choices all weekend.
Old 26 Aug 2013, 14:42 (Ref:3294225)   #41
Biscuits In A Red Bull
Veteran

United Kingdom
Biscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBiscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just realised I gave it a 5 when the stewards' Perez penalty was a huge pÃ*sstake. Rosberg got nothing last season's Belgian GP, and Grosjean wasn't even beyond the white lines. I've seen guys in F3 go 3-wide through there WITHOUT BAILING OUT. Should've been a 4.
Old 26 Aug 2013, 19:37 (Ref:3294347)   #42
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
5. Pretty dull at moments.
Old 26 Aug 2013, 19:49 (Ref:3294355)   #43
andy666
Racer

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire
andy666 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridandy666 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biscuits In A Red Bull View Post
Just realised I gave it a 5 when the stewards' Perez penalty was a huge pÃ*sstake. Rosberg got nothing last season's Belgian GP, and Grosjean wasn't even beyond the white lines. I've seen guys in F3 go 3-wide through there WITHOUT BAILING OUT. Should've been a 4.
Exactly how I feel , Grosjean looked to me like he was being a drama queen , falling of the track when Perez was nowhere near him !
Old 26 Aug 2013, 22:51 (Ref:3294433)   #44
alan1302
Racer

England
Doncaster, UK
alan1302 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I just love the variety in these 'rate it' threads and I was probably motivated just ever so slightly from having watched footage of the 1955 race before I watched this. But 8? 8????
Yes, an 8
Old 27 Aug 2013, 11:51 (Ref:3294684)   #45
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
I gacve it a 7. I thought it was an interesting race, but just a shame that no one could put pressure on Vettel. Could have used a shower 10 laps before the end to spice things up a bit, but up to then it was entertaining.
Old 27 Aug 2013, 13:16 (Ref:3294725)   #46
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
i don't normally put in a special effort to watch a gp and structure all my plans around it. this race reminded me why.

the tv cameras made it a bit more interesting, i really liked that heli view at the top of eau rouge. but you can't polish a poo, so it was a 4/10. if you find yourself willing someone to do something silly then it's not a great race.
Old 27 Aug 2013, 13:24 (Ref:3294734)   #47
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
You know that people can look at the same thing and see different views... I get excited with something that some people don't feel anything, but in that case I am on the "normal" side...
Old 27 Aug 2013, 17:18 (Ref:3294818)   #48
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
OK, fair enough, I'll just 'celebrate' yet another example of 'one man's meat........'
Old 27 Aug 2013, 17:38 (Ref:3294829)   #49
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
OK, fair enough, I'll just 'celebrate' yet another example of 'one man's meat........'
I thought it was 'one man's drink....' but the outcome's the same.
Old 27 Aug 2013, 17:46 (Ref:3294836)   #50
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Whatever it is, there's no accounting for taste......