Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 8 Nov 2001, 19:55 (Ref:172076)   #1
Speedworx
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northamptonshire
Speedworx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
New team for Le Mans

Vic Lee Racing (they ran Peugeot's BTCC project) are to diversify into the sportscar arena next year with an attack on the Le Mans 24 hours.

The team are to run two of the new Reynard 02S LMP675 class challengers. Team boss Vic Lee said, "Sportscars have always been one of my passions and to race at Le Mans has always been one of my goals. I've stayed away until I can do it properly, but now's the right time."

The team aim to enter one American Le Mans Series race before Le Mans, most likely Sears Point, subject to getting their lightweight chassis up and running by February.

"Depending on how Le Mans goes, we'd like to do a couple more ALMS races and a couple in Europe with the FIA Sportscar series," added Lee.

No engine or drivers for the project have been announced.
Old 8 Nov 2001, 23:37 (Ref:172265)   #2
pink69
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire / Nottingham
pink69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

I suppose we can now kiss goodbye to any chance of VLR running the Pug's in the BTCC as privateers next season now!
Old 9 Nov 2001, 13:57 (Ref:172469)   #3
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Better to see a new recruit at Le Mans.

I presume we're talking about the same Vic Lee who ran the BM's in the BTCC back in the Soper/Harvey days and who had to depart the motorsport scene temporarily (if you know what I mean....!). Or am I thinking of the wrong person?