Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 6 Feb 2004, 14:02 (Ref:865451)   #1
jj2728
Veteran

jj2728 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Jackie Stewart on SPEED

i don't know if this has been mentioned before, but SPEED re-aired the 2 hour special "jackie stewart - the flying scot" last night and it got me to thinking about great driver performances that resulted in victory....his win at the '68 german gp at the nurburgring under atrocious weather conditions stands out to me imho as one of the greatest of all time....his margin of victory was over 4 minutes, and this done with a broken wrist......many people say that fangio's '57 german gp victory was one of the greatest....i'll add gilles villeneuve's 81 spanish gp victory and jochen rindt's '70 monaco gp win to the list too.....what are other peoples' thoughts on great victories?....
Old 6 Feb 2004, 14:11 (Ref:865462)   #2
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Oh, i was thinking about something completely different when i entered...

Last edited by ASCII Man; 6 Feb 2004 at 14:12.
Old 6 Feb 2004, 14:34 (Ref:865484)   #3
nippy
Racer

nippy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
me 2 I was expecting a big drug scandal
Old 6 Feb 2004, 15:06 (Ref:865502)   #4
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne - Home of the Australian GP
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
You two - wait over there until the 3rd stooge turns up
Old 6 Feb 2004, 15:07 (Ref:865503)   #5
garcon
Weasel Wrangler
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Where IS Ralf fan?
Old 6 Feb 2004, 15:57 (Ref:865546)   #6
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by Wrex
You two - wait over there until the 3rd stooge turns up
Should i admit to thinking the same as ASC and Nippy?
Old 6 Feb 2004, 17:02 (Ref:865608)   #7
DriverT
Veteran

United Kingdom
Silverstone
DriverT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Should I as well?
Old 6 Feb 2004, 17:32 (Ref:865633)   #8
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
And me?
Old 6 Feb 2004, 17:45 (Ref:865642)   #9
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by garcon
Where IS Ralf fan?
Uhh... thanks for reserving the seat as stooge no.3!!! i will forever be in debt... i am so touched that you know what you can have it... yes YOU... keep it since it is so dear to you....
Old 6 Feb 2004, 17:49 (Ref:865648)   #10
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Well, Garc seems to have adopted your ploy of random capital letters....
Old 6 Feb 2004, 17:54 (Ref:865654)   #11
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
yes ITS catching... ITS all In my plan for a 100% takeover... HAHAHAAAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAH
Old 6 Feb 2004, 20:15 (Ref:865767)   #12
jj2728
Veteran

jj2728 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Jackie Stewart documentary on SPEED tv

ok....is that better?....anyhow as i was saying....great drives that resulted in victory:
stewart winning the 68 german gp in appalling conditions....
fangio's 57 german gp victory....
villeneuve's 81 spanish gp victory...
rindt's 70 monaco gp victory...
beltoise on another level entirely at the 72 monaco gp, his first and only win...

anyone have any others they'd like to add?....feel free to delete the other SPEED post......
Old 7 Feb 2004, 02:20 (Ref:866023)   #13
Raglanparade
Veteran

Australia
Raglanparade should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I thought he was on WEED.
the 68 win is the greatest win of all time. IMHO
-jason