Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 19 Jun 2016, 14:12 (Ref:3653341)   #2176
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeW04 View Post
Worried what this will do for toyotas future, I know they've supposedly committed for the next couple of years but I can see them pulling the plug
That was my immediate thought. Hopefully they'll come back even stronger. Having just got back from the circuit I can't describe how disappointed I feel after such a brilliant race.
Old 19 Jun 2016, 14:12 (Ref:3653342)   #2177
awegrzyn
Racer

awegrzyn has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
"I have no power" - traumatized for life.
Old 19 Jun 2016, 14:15 (Ref:3653344)   #2178
bobec
Racer

bobec should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbobec should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MihokS5 View Post
5 years now and no win...if I were Toyota I'd swallow my pride and leave. You cannot have any worse luck than losing with three minutes left. Would not be shocked if they leave

Why would they leave now, when they actually set the pace for most of the race? If it was like last year, yeah sure. But it would be silly yo leave now. Also, the competition seems a bit troubled right now, and Toyota has the potential for performance without having to sort out tricky issues like Audi, or make big changes like Porsche.

I also feel that the ACO wants Toyota to win LM.
Old 19 Jun 2016, 14:15 (Ref:3653345)   #2179
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lagunaseca_4life View Post
I wouldn't credit ganassi one bit.......drivers,multimatic,& ford $$$

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
Completely disagree. Someone's got to direct and coordinate all that.
Old 19 Jun 2016, 14:17 (Ref:3653349)   #2180
sssssssss
Veteran

sssssssss should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridsssssssss should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i too was thinking about whether this won't make them pull out of le mans, as they did back in '99. but that was the second time consecutively that they lost being the fastest and leading most of the race, after they did the same in '98.
Old 19 Jun 2016, 14:18 (Ref:3653351)   #2181
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
TMG are made of stern stuff so I cannot share these concerns about them pulling out of LMP1. Just give them time and I'm sure they will be back with renewed purpose.
Old 19 Jun 2016, 14:18 (Ref:3653352)   #2182
Articus
Veteran

Articus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
So did the 82 Risi car get the podium or not? If not, that means a Ford 1-2-3 in GTE-Pro and no one wants the media PR onslaught from that kind of finish...
Old 19 Jun 2016, 14:18 (Ref:3653353)   #2183
Maelochs
Veteran

Maelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Chip Ganassi didn't get the job by Not being really good at the job.
Old 19 Jun 2016, 14:20 (Ref:3653356)   #2184
bobec
Racer

bobec should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbobec should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chernaudi View Post
Is it fair that the #5 Toyota isn't counted as a finisher? Not really, but that's not my call, or Audi's or Porsche's, either. You have to take that up with the ACO.
I guess it makes sense for an endurance race. You have to race until the clock runs out (and in this case also cross the line after that). Maybe they should consider classifying everyone who still runs after the 24hr mark, but sadly the Toyota stopped on track.
Old 19 Jun 2016, 14:20 (Ref:3653357)   #2185
sssssssss
Veteran

sssssssss should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridsssssssss should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i really hope, but also expect a bitter vengeance from audi next year though. porsche proved last year was not a one-off like it was with peugeot in 2009. porsche know how to win le mans and they are more than capable to beat audi. so if audi want to stay in this game, they better come well prepared next yaer.
Old 19 Jun 2016, 14:22 (Ref:3653360)   #2186
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
The penalty for the 82 should never have been given. However, they ignored the penalty. Is it right that we start telling teams to ignore penalties they disagree with? I can see a massive fine coming for them to even out being allowed to keep the position. The penalty was BS but ignoring it is bad too.

I'm emotionally drained. I really was rooting for that Toyota for the last few hours. It was going to be great celebrations.
Old 19 Jun 2016, 14:24 (Ref:3653362)   #2187
Maelochs
Veteran

Maelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Still holding my breath, waiting for Eduardo Freitas to disqualify Risi ... but if that doesn't happen, then this was a fine race, very emotional, in fact heartbreaking …. Good racing, lots of drama.
Old 19 Jun 2016, 14:29 (Ref:3653366)   #2188
jimclark
Veteran

United States
Champion Porsche/Audi territory
jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maelochs View Post
Chip Ganassi didn't get the job by Not being really good at the job.
Aww c'mon. We all know that Penske, Wyer, Neerspach, Joest etc. etc. mean/meant nothing at all. All worthless....

jimclark
Old 19 Jun 2016, 14:29 (Ref:3653368)   #2189
Lasse
Racer

Denmark
Copenhagen
Lasse should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Jay View Post
TMG are made of stern stuff so I cannot share these concerns about them pulling out of LMP1. Just give them time and I'm sure they will be back with renewed purpose.
Without the support of the Toyota board, TMG's attitude does not really matter. No support, no money, no Le Mans for Toyota. Nobody know if this will be the case, but i would not be surprised if they closed the door on Le Mans.
Old 19 Jun 2016, 14:30 (Ref:3653370)   #2190
Maelochs
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
The penalty for the 82 should never have been given. However, they ignored the penalty. Is it right that we start telling teams to ignore penalties they disagree with?
I think it depends on the outcome of the appeal. If Race Control realize it erred, but the team stopped and held … Race Control can’t change that. If Race Control decides the penalty was correct, the team can be penalized. Until Race Control is perfect, teams need that leeway.

The team gets three laps anyway … so it was pretty close. Risi’s manager could argue that he would have pulled the car in after hashing it out with Race Control but didn’t have time.

Race Control could have DQ’d Risi … could have black-flagged them. The car was allowed to finish, which makes me thing Race Control rethought its decision.

I agree, the team should be penalized if it ignores a penalty and loses the appeal … but Risi was not black-flagged, so I have to guess Race Control relented.
Old 19 Jun 2016, 14:31 (Ref:3653371)   #2191
flyingshoppingcart
Rookie

flyingshoppingcart should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
One thing I don't get, how is it that Nakajima in the 5 stopped right at the finish line, before taking a few minutes to restart and make that final lap around? Was that honestly pure coincidence, or could there have been something else?
Old 19 Jun 2016, 14:33 (Ref:3653374)   #2192
blankfile
Racer

blankfile should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think he just went for a ctrl alt delete at that point
Old 19 Jun 2016, 14:34 (Ref:3653375)   #2193
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingshoppingcart View Post
One thing I don't get, how is it that Nakajima in the 5 stopped right at the finish line, before taking a few minutes to restart and make that final lap around? Was that honestly pure coincidence, or could there have been something else?
He thought the race was over?
Old 19 Jun 2016, 14:35 (Ref:3653376)   #2194
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
I admire your determination to blame Nakajima.
Old 19 Jun 2016, 14:40 (Ref:3653382)   #2195
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
It's now nearly 2 hours since the race finished and I am still in shock at what happen. That one will be talked about for a long time to come.
Old 19 Jun 2016, 14:40 (Ref:3653384)   #2196
jimclark
Veteran

United States
Champion Porsche/Audi territory
jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
'Wanted to cross the line under the cars own power as required to be considered a finisher. The cool down lap counts too, unfortunately.

jimclark
Old 19 Jun 2016, 14:41 (Ref:3653385)   #2197
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdjones View Post
It's now nearly 2 hours since the race finished and I am still in shock at what happen. That one will be talked about for a long time to come.
2 hours? It only seems like a few minutes a go.
Old 19 Jun 2016, 14:43 (Ref:3653388)   #2198
flyingshoppingcart
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by blankfile View Post
I think he just went for a ctrl alt delete at that point
So he still had engine power, but simply decided to reboot at that spot?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
He thought the race was over?
That's what it seemed like, but then he rebooted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
I admire your determination to blame Nakajima.
I'm genuinely trying to be respectful here, I'm trying to understand what happened. Enough already with these silly personal comments. I overreacted with my initial comments.

I'm full of frustration though as many are, and I'm just trying to make sense of it.
Old 19 Jun 2016, 14:44 (Ref:3653391)   #2199
flyingshoppingcart
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimclark View Post
'Wanted to cross the line under the cars own power as required to be considered a finisher. The cool down lap counts too, unfortunately.
So he planned to reboot at the finish line, or did he forget about the cool down lap?
Old 19 Jun 2016, 14:47 (Ref:3653393)   #2200
cokata
Veteran

cokata should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That was just the most horrible thing in all sports that i have experienced after that 2005 CL final. It will really test toyota as a team now about how well they will pick themselves up.