Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 29 Mar 2021, 12:46 (Ref:4043709)   #2026
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born Racer View Post
My wife initially wasn't too keen and described him as being too much like a bingo caller.
That's a great description of his style! Initially it did sound a bit odd to me - some of the inflection was a bit "Smashy and Nicey" but I think some of that was just me adjusting to the change from Ben Edwards. Overall a solid debut.
Old 29 Mar 2021, 12:53 (Ref:4043710)   #2027
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
I really liked Ben Edwards. So for me, this is a tough act to follow. The new guy has a very different voice, but I thought he did a really good job. Passionate, articulate. No umming or erring. No mistakes that I noticed, other than not noticing / mentioning that Verstappen was off track during the overtake at the time - but that was quickly picked up by one of the others.

I notice chief co-commentator was Billy Monger, and DCs input was very much down on previous seasons. I don't know if this is the new plan going forwards?

Overall thumbs up from me. Give DC a little more to say, and I think that they will have it just about right.
Old 29 Mar 2021, 18:59 (Ref:4043796)   #2028
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I agree. I too had a lot of time for Ben Edwards, thought he was an excellent commentator. It took a while for me to adjust and get the 'Smashy and Nicey' reference completely, but that quickly wore off. I was surprised that DC appeared to have been 'relegated' to the usual Mark Webber style role, but I thought that Billy Monger was very good. Whether it was a good thing to have that much change in the first GP, I don't know, but I didn't find anything really to be critical about and loved DC's 'delusional' reference......
Old 30 Mar 2021, 08:23 (Ref:4043864)   #2029
Derwent
Racer

Derwent is heading for a stewards' enquiry!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy View Post
This pensioner is raging!
Who is Natalie Pinkum?
Old 2 Apr 2021, 19:56 (Ref:4044409)   #2030
djinvicta
Veteran

Wales
Mojacar Southern Spain
djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!
Prince Williams ex girlfriend..
Old 3 Apr 2021, 17:51 (Ref:4044490)   #2031
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by djinvicta View Post
Ah, good, as long as she's someone really famous and important......
Old 3 Apr 2021, 19:32 (Ref:4044501)   #2032
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
She’s a TV host, and her latest job is hosting and commentating for sky on F1.
Old 3 Apr 2021, 19:50 (Ref:4044503)   #2033
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by djinvicta View Post

I thought she had something to do with Prince Harry?
Old 4 Apr 2021, 09:33 (Ref:4044565)   #2034
Derwent
Racer

Derwent is heading for a stewards' enquiry!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
I thought she had something to do with Prince Harry?
Perhaps they shared her?
Old 4 Apr 2021, 10:05 (Ref:4044570)   #2035
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Blimey, that would make her doubly famous!
Old 5 Apr 2021, 08:38 (Ref:4044655)   #2036
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
Ms Pinkum seems to do a decent job on F1 podcast and for last ten years on Sky .
So the Red Tops tell us she had a fling with Harry. Looking at recent history did well to give him a swerve and get married to a normal bloke ten years ago.
Old 5 Apr 2021, 09:10 (Ref:4044662)   #2037
dwh43scale
Veteran

United Kingdom
Milton Keynes
dwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
As someone who prefers the racing to be the star rather than the commentator, I can't get on with AJ. Sounds too much like Rory Bremner doing Muddly Talker to my ears.
All sports have their commentator challenges as any one watching the cycling on Eurosport can attest ...
All IMHO, of course.
Old 5 Apr 2021, 10:47 (Ref:4044676)   #2038
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Commentary should add to the enjoyment of watching it. Give Alex Jacques time, he’s still relatively inexperienced in commentating, especially F1, but his style certainly works for me and I look forward to more. He can only get better and he shouldn’t be compared to other commentators, especially not Ben, who is still the top commentator at least since Murray retired IMO and many others no doubt. Alex is right for the job now and for many more years

Of course it’s hard sometimes to find the best commentator when there are so many sports to commentate on, particularly on the sports channels.
Old 5 Apr 2021, 11:02 (Ref:4044678)   #2039
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
Try listening to virtually any US sports announcer before you whinge about UK people.
They are so much better than Baxter/ Bolster so
Life here has improved.
Old 6 Apr 2021, 10:08 (Ref:4044790)   #2040
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I never really have had the chance to listen to US sport announcers, except for pro wrestling, but hey from what I have heard, they tend to do it very differently. So it's not really comparable, but I do prefer the coverage over here

And in fairness to Baxter and Bolster they were pioneers and they did it when you didn't have multiple camera angles, timing screens and all the other info. That said we have never had it better in terms of coverage, at least from the way they produced, maybe not so much in terms of FTA coverage, thanks to F1 only being broadcast live on FTA once a year, which isn't enough in my view
Old 6 Apr 2021, 19:07 (Ref:4044872)   #2041
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
At least you guys have coverage ...

I would gladly take John Watson, Eddie Jordan and everyone you complain about if that meant I could at least watch the races.
Old 6 Apr 2021, 19:52 (Ref:4044876)   #2042
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by gert View Post

I would gladly take John Watson, Eddie Jordan and everyone you complain about if that meant I could at least watch the races.
Fair point well made
Old 8 Apr 2021, 10:20 (Ref:4045082)   #2043
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gert View Post

Even Croft? 😲😱
Old 8 Apr 2021, 11:13 (Ref:4045095)   #2044
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Steady on....
Old 8 Apr 2021, 18:09 (Ref:4045181)   #2045
EastonNeston
Veteran

EastonNeston should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
At least you don't have to endure the totally dreadful, and pointless, Kravitz!!!!
Old 8 Apr 2021, 18:19 (Ref:4045183)   #2046
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

Ted’s the best
Different strokes for different folks!
Notebook better than GP!
Old 8 Apr 2021, 18:27 (Ref:4045184)   #2047
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I dont have a problem with Kravitz and always look forward to his 'Notebook'.
Jonathan Legard used to have me pressing the mute button at times.
Old 8 Apr 2021, 19:16 (Ref:4045197)   #2048
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
i also like ted. imo he provides a nice levity to the broadcast.
Old 8 Apr 2021, 21:59 (Ref:4045229)   #2049
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
I'm with EastonNeston on Ted to.a degree.

I like him but although enthusiastic and knowledgeable he may be, Ted too often he engages in tit for tat one upmanship with Croft which is of no benefit to the viewer!

I'd take Ted's input over the Dullard any day though.
Old 12 Apr 2021, 11:20 (Ref:4045681)   #2050
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by john ruston View Post
Ted’s the best
Different strokes for different folks!
Notebook better than GP!
Plus 1 to this.

Tags
pinks