4 0 0%
3 0 0%
2 0 0%
1 0 0%
Voters: 77. You may not vote on this poll

Old 25 Mar 2012, 22:05 (Ref:3048386)   #26
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Hans View Post
Likewise! I don't dislike Jenson Button, but I know in my heart of hearts that Lewis Hamilton would never engage in 'matey banter' with James Corden, and that's why I'd prefer him to win the title.
Yes!
Old 25 Mar 2012, 22:23 (Ref:3048401)   #27
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Yep, race wasn't restarted early enough, too many safety car laps, being over cautious as always now it seems, track ready for inters = go racing.

Gets a 7 from me.
Old 25 Mar 2012, 23:02 (Ref:3048412)   #28
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
An 8 from me,

The red flag may have been a little premature, but with lightning around and the possibility of electrical failure in race control leading to loss of comms or camera feeds, perhaps the right thing.

At the restart at least two to many laps behind the safety car.

Once going again good racing.
Old 25 Mar 2012, 23:18 (Ref:3048418)   #29
Trev Campbell
Veteran

Trev Campbell should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTrev Campbell should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
At the point when the red flag came out, Senna or Villeneuve would've been beginning to consider the possibility of coming in for inters.
Ha Ha Ha, Quote of the thread !!!!!!!
Old 25 Mar 2012, 23:46 (Ref:3048429)   #30
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Likewise! I don't dislike Jenson Button, but I know in my heart of hearts that Lewis Hamilton would never engage in 'matey banter' with James Corden, and that's why I'd prefer him to win the title.
I don't dislike Hamilton, but some of the company he keeps is a little bit 'iffy' to say the least. And I certainly hope that either one of them wins the WDC because they deserved to, and not because of some other petty reason.

It was nice to see him actually smiling, by the way.
Old 25 Mar 2012, 23:56 (Ref:3048431)   #31
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
At the point when the red flag came out, Senna or Villeneuve would've been beginning to consider the possibility of coming in for inters.
5 this race just kind of didn't work for me.
Enjoyed Perez chasing Alonso, some of Senna's overtakes on a wide line round the outside of people.
DRS (of which I am a fan) was too long and was just a drive by shooting.
Could have been way better!

Great to see Perez living up to his predicted talent - star of the future!
Old 26 Mar 2012, 00:25 (Ref:3048436)   #32
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marbot View Post
I don't dislike Hamilton, but some of the company he keeps is a little bit 'iffy' to say the least. And I certainly hope that either one of them wins the WDC because they deserved to, and not because of some other petty reason
What's wrong with the company he keeps ? We know nothing about his private life do we really...

He has a fine looking girlfriend who is in the entertainment industry is all I know...

Last edited by JeremySmith; 27 Mar 2012 at 12:01.
Old 26 Mar 2012, 08:33 (Ref:3048527)   #33
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicanary View Post
I don't actually know the rules of F1 today ( please don't laugh at the back), but why exactly did the safety=car come out?

The rain came down, the drivers had a choice of whether to pit and change tyres or not, the slower speeds caused by the slippery track meant collision speeds would have been slower, and therefore safer.

What am I missing? What don't I know? Someone, please. It just seems to have been accepted, so it must be a rule of some kind.
Wet weather racing is now as good as banned, unfortunately. I'm not so sure why they bother with full wet tyres anymore!

They set a precedent where they'd rely on the drivers to decide when a race should continue or not, and they must now stick to it.

Selby
Old 26 Mar 2012, 08:41 (Ref:3048530)   #34
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
The most memorable red flag moment was once again provided by a Ferrari driver, only this time there was no Magnum or Coca Cola in sight. Yes, I'm referring to Felipe Massa, tucked into his cockpit in a fluffy white towel by Smedley. It was sooooo cute!
LOL I must see this...

Selby
Old 26 Mar 2012, 10:41 (Ref:3048607)   #35
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
Quote:
I don't dislike Hamilton, but some of the company he keeps is a little bit 'iffy' to say the least. And I certainly hope that either one of them wins the WDC because they deserved to, and not because of some other petty reason.
I was being tongue-in-cheek. Jenson's alright, but it is surely beyond doubt that he has done one or more of the following during his life:

1) Referred to his best friend as his 'wingman'.
2) Used the phrase 'Awooga!'
3) Expressed pride in vomiting on a night out.
Old 26 Mar 2012, 10:47 (Ref:3048610)   #36
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
Quote:
I was being tongue-in-cheek. Jenson's alright, but it is surely beyond doubt that he has done one or more of the following during his life:

2) Used the phrase 'Awooga!'
And could you tell me what's wrong with that?!

Selby
Old 26 Mar 2012, 12:35 (Ref:3048731)   #37
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremySmith View Post
What's wrong with the company he keeps ? We know nothing about his private life do we really...

He has a fine looking girlfriend who in the entertainment industry is all I know...
For one thing, we can do without the likes of Ice-T appearing on You-tube and expressing his 'strongly worded opinions' about how ridiculously expensive F1 is.

Bernie's letter to McLaren:

In the letter to Whitmarsh, Ecclestone said: "I am quite sure it has been brought to your attention that one of your guests recorded activities in the pits and placed it on YouTube.

"You will understand why I am so strict on access and allowing people in the pits with cameras. Perhaps you would make sure that these things do not happen as it could cause unforeseen problems."

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECW Dan Selby View Post
And could you tell me what's wrong with that?!

Selby
He seems like a completely normal bloke to me.
Old 26 Mar 2012, 13:02 (Ref:3048755)   #38
luke g28
Racer

luke g28 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridluke g28 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Argh careful the peasants may get interested in F1! Stay away from popular culture god dammit.

More on topic, I dont see what more people really want from an F1 race. Lots of overtaking, lots of unpredictability lots of accidents / incidents and a couple of under dogs duking it out for the race win oh and rain.
Old 26 Mar 2012, 13:09 (Ref:3048760)   #39
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
Yeh I agree.

Although rain's almost a negative these days.

Selby
Old 26 Mar 2012, 13:41 (Ref:3048787)   #40
W.A Trichlorostyrene
Veteran

W.A Trichlorostyrene should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicanary View Post
What gets me is that nobody seems to notice or complain - it wrecks races. That's "fanboyz" for you.
I disagree nicanary. It's not a case of "fanboyz" backing up the FIA's views on wet weather racing. If someone made a poll(I wanted to make one myself to try to prove my point, but it seems that the poll feature has been disabled from the F1 forum), I'm sure that something like 90 or 95% of the posters would not disapprove the decision to throw the red flag.

The fact is, fans don't have their say in modern F1, so they don't vocally give their opinion anymore. Casual fans is what matters make the numbers, but they don't have the insight to judge a race control decision, and they have better things to do than complaining about it. At best, they turn the TV off individualy if they feel the product is not for them.

This is why so few fans really dare to critisize the sport they love, or even discuss on its management or future. They accepted the fact that they're not a part of it anymore. "If you're not in the bus, don't complain about where it's going". Now they are just glad to be able to be mere lurkers, and they accept the spectacle they are given, even though they know they would try to make it different if they had any kind of influence on it.

But yea, sometimes I really wonder why the FIA really is so paranoid about safety.

/offtopic
Old 26 Mar 2012, 13:46 (Ref:3048790)   #41
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
I know exactly why they're paranoid about safety. Just look at Massa '09 and Wheldon last year.

What I don't understand, however, is starting behind the safety car whenever there's a drop of rain, and bringing the safety car out whenever there's a drop of rain.

I would however, understand if it were at somewhere like Monaco/Singapore. But not somewhere with mile run-offs....

Selby
Old 26 Mar 2012, 14:48 (Ref:3048828)   #42
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
The safety car will generally be used when one part of the circuit is said, by the drivers, to be a problem or that visibility is, in general, a problem.

They don't have windscreen wipers and F1 cars don't make very good boats.
Old 26 Mar 2012, 14:53 (Ref:3048831)   #43
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
for me Marbot is getting at the real reason...im not sure that in this day and age anyone has the option to not use the saftey car if several drivers make claims about dangerous conditions.

my guess is that Whiting's hands are pretty tied up here between driver/team conversations and what he is legal compelled do under European laws and by insurance company reps.
Old 26 Mar 2012, 14:54 (Ref:3048832)   #44
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I couldn't watch the race live and settle for the highlights but what I saw merits an 8.
Old 27 Mar 2012, 09:56 (Ref:3049281)   #45
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
For one thing, we can do without the likes of Ice-T appearing on You-tube and expressing his 'strongly worded opinions' about how ridiculously expensive F1 is.

Bernie's letter to McLaren:

In the letter to Whitmarsh, Ecclestone said: "I am quite sure it has been brought to your attention that one of your guests recorded activities in the pits and placed it on YouTube.

"You will understand why I am so strict on access and allowing people in the pits with cameras. Perhaps you would make sure that these things do not happen as it could cause unforeseen problems."
OH NOES!!1!!1

Who cares?
Old 27 Mar 2012, 14:35 (Ref:3049458)   #46
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy View Post
OH NOES!!1!!1

Who cares?
Someone must have.
Old 27 Mar 2012, 15:24 (Ref:3049484)   #47
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Someone must have.
That type of behavior is not acceptable.. Senior McLaren personell should have put a stop to it.

Ice Tea was a guest, Lewis I don't think was even there when that incident was taking place..

We have no control over the behavior of other people do we !

I am sure Lewis looked at that and did not care for it either, as it reflects on him which is not fair..
Old 27 Mar 2012, 18:23 (Ref:3049565)   #48
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

So was Bernie unhappy about someone expressing an opinion about F1 or someone simply filming at the circuit?

Either way, it is a nothing issue that only Bernie and his clan could get upset about. It is a tad precious.
Old 27 Mar 2012, 20:11 (Ref:3049629)   #49
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
You'd think Bernie would be happy with the extra publicity. I'd have expecting him to delegate that duty to one of his colourless officials.
Old 27 Mar 2012, 20:23 (Ref:3049634)   #50
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy View Post
So was Bernie unhappy about someone expressing an opinion about F1 or someone simply filming at the circuit?

Either way, it is a nothing issue that only Bernie and his clan could get upset about. It is a tad precious.
Ice Tea was talking getto street talk about how much things cost.. It's tough guy rapper talk not a big deal ..

It's show biz...