Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 4 Apr 2012, 04:59 (Ref:3053262)   #1
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Spa Francorchamps<Bi- Annual ?

If you would like for the GP to stay at the best circuit in the world,there is a petition that those nice people who stood up against the idiots who live close by. All in French but please have a look at http://www.grandprixf1.be
Old 4 Apr 2012, 09:15 (Ref:3053320)   #2
OZ_HCR32
Veteran

OZ_HCR32 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridOZ_HCR32 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
DONE! I am keen to see the return of the French GP but lets get rid of China, Valencia or most likely Bahrain so France and Belgium can have F1 rounds
Old 4 Apr 2012, 09:46 (Ref:3053333)   #3
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I think the point is more that neither circuit can afford an annual event. Look what happened in Germany.

I suspect the only reason Silverstone can keep the GP as an annual event is because it has (these days) a regular income base from the businesses that rent buildings around the circuit.
Old 4 Apr 2012, 09:48 (Ref:3053334)   #4
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
I was about to post the same. It's not due to lack of support from fans, but more about the overall financial situation. Hence I am not sure how a petition, no matter how well meaning or how well supported, will change things.
Old 6 Apr 2012, 15:47 (Ref:3054509)   #5
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!
I know people always try to make the market argument to rationalize what Bernie is doing, but it's NOT the commercial market at play, since NONE of these Grands Prix could make it without government aid.

And yes, even so, I signed the petition.
Old 6 Apr 2012, 16:53 (Ref:3054539)   #6
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
A commercial market with governments competing in a free (expensive) market place.
Old 6 Apr 2012, 16:57 (Ref:3054545)   #7
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
I think the point is more that neither circuit can afford an annual event. Look what happened in Germany.

I suspect the only reason Silverstone can keep the GP as an annual event is because it has (these days) a regular income base from the businesses that rent buildings around the circuit.
I thought Silverstone paid a smaller fee because of its historic status?
Old 7 Apr 2012, 05:04 (Ref:3054707)   #8
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Lesser fee or not, it couldn't afford it without the support of its other ventures.
Old 8 Apr 2012, 09:23 (Ref:3055227)   #9
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purist View Post
I know people always try to make the market argument to rationalize what Bernie is doing, but it's NOT the commercial market at play, since NONE of these Grands Prix could make it without government aid.

And yes, even so, I signed the petition.
Thank you,and well said. This is another situation were Bernies greed shows him for what he is!
Sure the Belgian economy IS suffering [1.80Eur per litre for 98 yesterday,but cheaper in Germany at 1.61] Looks like, should things not improve ,events such as the 6Hr will turn out a lot more expensive,local cafe's/restaurants have also increased their prices,never seen so many properties for sale. Things do look a little grim in the area.Hopefully its only a glitch.

Last edited by terence; 8 Apr 2012 at 09:30.
Old 8 Apr 2012, 18:07 (Ref:3055440)   #10
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by terence bower View Post
Thank you,and well said. This is another situation were Bernies greed shows him for what he is!
Sure the Belgian economy IS suffering [1.80Eur per litre for 98 yesterday,but cheaper in Germany at 1.61] Looks like, should things not improve ,events such as the 6Hr will turn out a lot more expensive,local cafe's/restaurants have also increased their prices,never seen so many properties for sale. Things do look a little grim in the area.Hopefully its only a glitch.
I think it's called a recession and the whole of the Eurozone is affected. Belgium's national debt is about 99% of GDP, so they are in for the long haul.