2 0 0%
1 0 0%
Voters: 95. You may not vote on this poll

Old 15 Apr 2012, 10:54 (Ref:3059414)   #26
PRS RH01
Racer

United Kingdom
Stockport
PRS RH01 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
posertive comments

Thanks for all the posertive comments. The kids are Great totally indipendent and dont follow the sheep . Yes i normally use the race to catch up on sleep . In all seriousness the race was as good as any formula ford race . from front to back all the drivers deserve to be there love watching the GP2 drivers at play .
My comment about tyres was ment to make the sheep on here wake up . we could have this every time if we had one compound that went the distance and no false driver aids . It would be nice if they looked different .
Well that should get a few on the limiter .
Old 15 Apr 2012, 11:14 (Ref:3059432)   #27
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I too don't follow the sheep, can I follow you?
Old 15 Apr 2012, 11:22 (Ref:3059439)   #28
JamesH
Veteran

United Kingdom
Christchurch, Cambs, UK
JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by PRS RH01 View Post
Thanks for all the posertive comments. The kids are Great totally indipendent and dont follow the sheep . Yes i normally use the race to catch up on sleep . In all seriousness the race was as good as any formula ford race . from front to back all the drivers deserve to be there love watching the GP2 drivers at play .
My comment about tyres was ment to make the sheep on here wake up . we could have this every time if we had one compound that went the distance and no false driver aids . It would be nice if they looked different .
Well that should get a few on the limiter .
I heartily recommend you just don't watch car races, or continue to comment on them. It's quite obviously just not your thing. I suggest taking up wing suited skydiving. Lets hope that gets your adrenalin going.

Unless you are just trolling of course, in which case you may ignore this post.
Locost #54 Boldly Leaping where no car has gone before. And then being T-boned. Damn.
Survivor of the 2008 2CV 24h!! 2 engines, one accident, 76mph and rain.
Old 15 Apr 2012, 11:23 (Ref:3059440)   #29
PRS RH01
Racer

United Kingdom
Stockport
1 F

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
As Bernie owns F1 shall we set up a splinter group and run 1ltr turbo diesels on hard narrow tyres small wings and all different shapes not just colours, Hell lets call it 1 F as its in a parallel universe .

Its disgusting that whole grandstands were covered over you would think they could get rent a crowed in . only a thought but maybe they were charging to much to get in only a thought you understand !
Old 15 Apr 2012, 11:23 (Ref:3059441)   #30
JamesH
Veteran

United Kingdom
Christchurch, Cambs, UK
JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!
8 or 9 for me. Bit of a procession from just after the start to last 15 or so laps. But otherwise, cracking!
Locost #54 Boldly Leaping where no car has gone before. And then being T-boned. Damn.
Old 15 Apr 2012, 11:35 (Ref:3059454)   #31
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
As Bernie owns F1 shall we set up a splinter group and run 1ltr turbo diesels on hard narrow tyres small wings and all different shapes not just colours, Hell lets call it 1 F as its in a parallel universe .

Its disgusting that whole grandstands were covered over you would think they could get rent a crowed in . only a thought but maybe they were charging to much to get in only a thought you understand !

Man, which planet is 'Stockort' on?

I'm well known on here for being positively scathing about F1 at times and giving relatively low ratings while others are up in the 8s and 9s, but at times, that race today was as exciting as any I've seen since the mid-80s. And I really don't understand the point you're trying to make - it seems unsuccessfully from the reactions......
Old 15 Apr 2012, 11:46 (Ref:3059463)   #32
PRS RH01
Racer

United Kingdom
Stockport
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Man, which planet is 'Stockort' on?

I'm well known on here for being positively scathing about F1 at times and giving relatively low ratings while others are up in the 8s and 9s, but at times, that race today was as exciting as any I've seen since the mid-80s. And I really don't understand the point you're trying to make - it seems unsuccessfully from the reactions......
Good point well debated . The race in itself was excellent but you cant guarantee it every race . The cars have to much grip all look the same and need rain or marbles to make them exciting .
Anyway ive just bought a 10 million marbles has anyone got Bernies number .
In all fairness to Bernie without him we wouldnt be watching the Grand Prixs..
I started watching in the 70s and you got which ever GP the beeb could buy or get a link to and the coverage was usually the local driver lap after lap .
Old 15 Apr 2012, 11:49 (Ref:3059464)   #33
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Good point well debated.
Why thank you. Good to know I may have picked up a few pointers in the last 11 years here...

I wasn't voting on 'every race' - just this one.

And if the race itself '...was excellent', why did you only give it a 3?

And I still can't even begin to understand what all the stuff about Bernie has to do with rating this one race.....
Old 15 Apr 2012, 11:54 (Ref:3059470)   #34
JamesH
Veteran

United Kingdom
Christchurch, Cambs, UK
Quote:
Why thank you. Good to know I may have picked up a few pointers in the last 11 years here...

And I still can't even begin to understand what all the stuff about Bernie has to do with rating this one race.....
I'm with you. Not much of that previous post made any sense. Excellent race, rates a three. Most odd.
Old 15 Apr 2012, 12:00 (Ref:3059477)   #35
andy666
Racer

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire
andy666 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridandy666 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
9 awesome race good close racing and some great overtakes . Well done Nico and a great points finish for the pair of Williams
Old 15 Apr 2012, 12:26 (Ref:3059501)   #36
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
enjoyed that one plenty of action and signs that close racing should continue all season
Old 15 Apr 2012, 13:45 (Ref:3059540)   #37
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
8, wonderful race.
Old 15 Apr 2012, 14:37 (Ref:3059568)   #38
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Good point well debated . The race in itself was excellent but you cant guarantee it every race . The cars have to much grip all look the same and need rain or marbles to make them exciting .
Anyway ive just bought a 10 million marbles has anyone got Bernies number .
In all fairness to Bernie without him we wouldnt be watching the Grand Prixs..
I started watching in the 70s and you got which ever GP the beeb could buy or get a link to and the coverage was usually the local driver lap after lap .
My question is, have you lost your marbles..
Old 15 Apr 2012, 14:49 (Ref:3059576)   #39
p261brm
Veteran

England
Shropshire & Oura
p261brm should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridp261brm should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
9, says it all
Old 15 Apr 2012, 14:53 (Ref:3059580)   #40
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
I do wince when they speak of the "DRS Activation Zone", the wings flap and they start passing like Whacky Races even if the passing took awhile to get going this morning. The commentators just need to say "DRS" with a Dick Dastardly rasp and invite Mrs. Wolfe to play the role of Penelope Pitstop and the effect is completed.

Yes, it was very entertaining with some good moves. Button performed well, it was nice to Webber outdo his teammate Herr Happy von Fairweather. Storming drive from Rosberg who didn't need Schuey for cover in the end. I give it an 8.
Old 15 Apr 2012, 15:50 (Ref:3059614)   #41
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
9. amazing race but feel a little bad that schumi wasn't there in the end for that epic battle for 2nd.

seeing norbert haug up on the podium was great. special stuff! real vindication for him and the merc f1 program.
Old 15 Apr 2012, 15:51 (Ref:3059616)   #42
stripedcat
Veteran

stripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridstripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I gave it an 8. It probably had better racing than last year(i.e. not some reliant on DRS, car could get alongside one another but they had to muscle their way past - turn 6 for example). It was lower down the field as Nico had it all under control.
Old 15 Apr 2012, 15:57 (Ref:3059623)   #43
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:

Poor Bernie...
Old 15 Apr 2012, 16:04 (Ref:3059627)   #44
Hubble
Veteran

England
Bishops Stortford, Herts
Hubble should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridHubble should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremySmith View Post
My question is, have you lost your marbles..
More to the point, did he have any to begin with..? Doesn't quite get the 'Rate THE race' thing does he...

Great race, very entertaining...getting a 9 from me...
Old 15 Apr 2012, 16:07 (Ref:3059631)   #45
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:

I gave it 9. One of the best races I've seen in a long time. It took a bit of time to get going but fortunately didn't turn into a precession and there was no SC. There were good battles throughout the field and an intense last 15 laps.
Old 15 Apr 2012, 16:14 (Ref:3059632)   #46
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Quote:
The "doctor" is in the house...
Old 15 Apr 2012, 16:21 (Ref:3059637)   #47
nicanary
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Newtownards Co.Down
nicanary has a real shot at the podium!nicanary has a real shot at the podium!nicanary has a real shot at the podium!nicanary has a real shot at the podium!
Even old misery-guts me enjoyed that one.
1) good to see Nico get a break - lets hope that Mercedes can continue to give him the right car at the right time
2)I thought that Vettel was lack-lustre, and his final position was more by luck than judgement
3)tough on Jenson having to work so hard for his place, but that's racing
4)the last few laps were more like a handicap race at a clubbie - all the different strategies of the various teams resulted in everyone being in a bunch and really having to fight for the points.

Wish it was like that more often.(Still don't like the way the sport is run, but I won't put a dampener on this time)
Old 15 Apr 2012, 16:26 (Ref:3059641)   #48
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Only a 7 for me, there wasn't enough overtaking in the zone, for it to be considered a 9 surely??

If it wasn't for Kimi Trulli, the race might have been soooo much better

Good quality F3000/GP2 race though as Romain mentioned!!!!
Old 15 Apr 2012, 16:59 (Ref:3059676)   #49
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I actually thought that lap from Kimi was one of the highspots - really quite amusing - let's all pass the mobile chicane....... We'd have ripped team and driver to shreds (rather like his tyres) if it had been anyone else....

Worth a 9 alone for me for Webbers pass on FB.
Old 15 Apr 2012, 17:31 (Ref:3059712)   #50
PRS RH01
Racer

United Kingdom
Stockport
I still stand by my 3 it was an excellent race but enhanced by the marbles and the drs. Pure racing as in GP2 every time and drivers who are still proving themselves . Im not trying to be a kill joy just i like a woman who hasnt been enhanced as well so does this make me a purist .
Me loosing my marbles, have been for years hope you buy me a beer as im coming to Austin to watch the race .

Peter