Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

View Poll Results: Who did you watch the race with?
Sky 20 31.75%
BBC 31 49.21%
A mixture (please state how you did it) 12 19.05%
Voters: 63. You may not vote on this poll

Old 18 Apr 2012, 18:15 (Ref:3061603)   #51
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
To see what the other was like? Perhaps because it is such a hot topic round here?
Old 18 Apr 2012, 19:47 (Ref:3061662)   #52
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Maybe, but my primary intention to was to watch the race, not carry out a comparison of TV channels.

Sky had already had a couple of of races in which to show what they could do and make me love them, but failed. I don't like Lazenby at all and Georgie Thomson serves no useful purpose that I can see.

Croft is not in the league as Ben Edwards and really does shout too much. Brundle is probably a better colour commentator that DC, but has begun to believe he's a bit of a superstar.

The pairing I'd really like is Ben with Anthony Davidson.

Natalie Pinkham is lovely, but I'm not sure that her interviews are as good as Lee Mack's.
Old 18 Apr 2012, 21:31 (Ref:3061720)   #53
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Of course my primary objective was to watch the race. I found it easy to do the other too.
Old 18 Apr 2012, 21:38 (Ref:3061722)   #54
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
Yeah, I just pushed a button. And with DC on the BBC and two ex-BBC men in the box at Sky, the disruption was...well, I didn't even sense a flicker.
Old 18 Apr 2012, 22:04 (Ref:3061735)   #55
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
watched both now (and the SpeedTV because the race was that good). all had their goods and bads. although my preference goes to the BBC coverage and DC always mentioning the 'concertina effect'. i dont know if anyone is a fan of the old Twilight Zone but i keep on thinking he is saying 'my name is talky tina' which seems appropriate for a commentator somehow.

anyways every race he brings it up. its like his signature comment now.
Old 19 Apr 2012, 22:19 (Ref:3062324)   #56
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Apparently the BBC had about four times the number of viewers Sky had, but the most surprising fact was that Sky's figures have not been very high at all so far. I think if you've paid for it in some way you stick with it, but otherwise you happily rejoin the BBC.
Old 19 Apr 2012, 22:23 (Ref:3062329)   #57
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I switched between them because I found myself getting curious and wanted Martin without David and David without Ben (nothing personal against either of them, although David's a bit too shouty, but I wanted to combine the old BBC commentary team again). Plus the commentator levels were too low on Sky and you couldn't hear them well over the cars, and conversely, the BBC were a bit too much the other way (being picky).
Old 20 Apr 2012, 11:16 (Ref:3062578)   #58
Hawkwood
Veteran

United Kingdom
Warrington
Hawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I genuinely had to think hard to remember, I didn't notice. But then I remembered learing at Georgie Thompson, so Sky
Old 21 Apr 2012, 17:59 (Ref:3063239)   #59
henners88
Veteran

Wales
henners88 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I watched with the BBC and I have to say I personally thought it was the best coverage so far this season. Having watched both channels now I will watch the BBC when they are fully live and think I may stick to their highlights rather than using Sky Go from now on. Its still early days for Sky but they seem forced and too formal for my liking. The buildup show and post race stuff is also pretty dull and most people I know who have used Sky have turned over (Chinese GP) for the BBC's build up and after race programmes. I've never liked the idea of F1 going onto Sky but I thought their delivery would have been alot better than it has and apart from Brundle adding abit of familiarity to the show, I think the BBC still have the stronger presenting team. I also think Edwards and DC are more than a match when covering the race. If by some miracle the sport came fully back to the BBC in the future, I wouldn't be too bothered if Brundle wasn't given his job back, what we have now is excellent.
Old 21 Apr 2012, 19:45 (Ref:3063279)   #60
Alfaholic
Veteran

England
Felixstowe
Alfaholic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAlfaholic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I managed to catch some of the BBC coverage this afternoon and while Sky may have Anthony Davidson and the Skypad the BBC have Gary Anderson and the...

Notepad!

A quick & simple way of illustrating the Ferrari's aerodynamic problems like that is why I would always choose the BBC coverage over Sky given the equal commentary teams.