Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 19 Apr 2012, 06:55 (Ref:3061854)   #26
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
haha i just brought this up about Button in another thread. i cant put my finger on it but sometimes i hate it and sometimes i love it.

for example seeing the emotion on massa's dad's face at brazil in 2008 is an absolutely iconic image...it said everything that needs to be said about sports and competition, joy and sorrow, without anyone ever having to ruin it with commentary.

i think on the whole it adds to the show for me.
Re. relatives/girlfriends etc, I think this sums it up for me:

Yes, in the final race of the season, perhaps.

But no when it's any other race

And the reason Nicole doesn't give them 'two fingers' is because she loves it! My mum keeps saying 'Why doesn't it ever cut to her picking her nose, or something?! I'd love that!' haha

Selby
Old 19 Apr 2012, 07:28 (Ref:3061858)   #27
littleman
Veteran

littleman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridlittleman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'd like to see alot more time devoted to watching Christian Horner's foot twitching........................ Just can't get enough that.
Old 19 Apr 2012, 08:09 (Ref:3061881)   #28
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
HA - Nice

Selby
Old 19 Apr 2012, 08:42 (Ref:3061894)   #29
davyboy
Veteran

davyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by littleman View Post
I'd like to see alot more time devoted to watching Christian Horner's foot twitching........................ Just can't get enough that.
You've have to give credit to FOM, they really do consider the needs of all segments of the audience... even the foot fetishers
Old 19 Apr 2012, 18:25 (Ref:3062181)   #30
Wims
Veteran

Norway
Wims should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridWims should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

what i do miss, and i cant remember at what track they have it at but it might have been indy, but they used to have this amazing camera that would launch down the track at ground level and follow the start to the run down into turn 1. loved that shot and wish that it was incorporated into all the new tracks but no such luck...i hope thats not something that i made up.
I remember Hockenheim having a similar camera on a wire, but it was located after the hairpin at the end of the back straight rather than on the start-finish straight
Old 19 Apr 2012, 22:05 (Ref:3062306)   #31
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
This doesn't bother me, although I am also left with the impression we might be missing some good moves. Perhaps they could wait a few more laps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradise City View Post

I don't really mind. What I HATE - HATE - HATE is looking at relatives during the action. The director loves leering at the relatives. It's not confined to motorracing either, it there in alot of sports. Nicole S. should give the camera the two fingers. That stop that carry-on dead in its tracks.
I recall this starting in the Hakkinen era where the directors took a liking to following Erja Hakkinen's (nee Honkanen, don't you know?) reaction to anything remotely interesting Mika did. It's a bit too much now. I like the Michael Schumacher wise older man wink though.
Old 20 Apr 2012, 00:30 (Ref:3062387)   #32
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wims View Post
I remember Hockenheim having a similar camera on a wire, but it was located after the hairpin at the end of the back straight rather than on the start-finish straight
That was amazing....
Old 20 Apr 2012, 11:55 (Ref:3062586)   #33
MrTTraces
Veteran

Zimbabwe
A place where the coffee is cold!
MrTTraces should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born Racer View Post
I recall this starting in the Hakkinen era where the directors took a liking to following Erja Hakkinen's (nee Honkanen, don't you know?) reaction to anything remotely interesting Mika did. It's a bit too much now. I like the Michael Schumacher wise older man wink though.
I once read somewhere that Erja was getting more coverage than Minardi.

Oh and didn't bernie attack the teams a couple of years ago for not inviting more celebs to the races?
Old 20 Apr 2012, 22:56 (Ref:3062850)   #34
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTTraces View Post
Oh and didn't bernie attack the teams a couple of years ago for not inviting more celebs to the races?
Perhaps. They can look but they can't comment. And certainly not film.

Right, Mr T?
Edit: Mr Ice T
Edit again: Not a reference to yourself MrTTraces.
Old 21 Apr 2012, 15:14 (Ref:3063181)   #35
Mystery
Veteran

Jersey
Jersey
Mystery should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMystery should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
haha too true!

its a mystery why anyone would complain about her appearance when its clearly her singing that should be driving people mad!
If she's on screen trying to watch cars or read long numbers on a screen then she's too busy to be "singing". Result!
Old 22 Apr 2012, 14:10 (Ref:3063661)   #36
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

A bigger issue to me is having to watch the winning car for so long before it goes over the line and the following cars indeed. You want to see the remaining action.
Old 22 Apr 2012, 14:15 (Ref:3063666)   #37
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
It happened again!
Old 22 Apr 2012, 19:19 (Ref:3063831)   #38
Peat
Veteran

United Kingdom
Dahn Sahf
Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!
1m33s today, starting on lap4.

1x Aerial
2x Onboard (Rosberg)
1x Onboard (Massa)
1x pictures of Kov driving along with a puncture (riveting.....)
Old 22 Apr 2012, 19:41 (Ref:3063843)   #39
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
It was annoying again.
Old 22 Apr 2012, 23:34 (Ref:3063932)   #40
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I'd like to see a 3 split screen, when they have the Champagne fight on the podium.