Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 18 Mar 2012, 10:55 (Ref:3043829)   #51
gts300
Racer

Australia
gts300 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You should have been in Tasmania - about 1.5 seconds lip sync error ALL weekend.

At least nothing was missed in those unwatachable C Grade celeb interviews.
Old 18 Mar 2012, 23:48 (Ref:3044291)   #52
rpolinski
Racer

Australia
rpolinski should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I laughed when Rusty or one of them referred to the "Breakfast" team said if you haven't switched do so. This weekend was a great ad for not switching. Every interview they did with their C-grade celebrity came down to "are you going to find a racecar driver boyfriend?" for the girls and "Is it not just the drivers that can find love" to the guys.
Old 19 Mar 2012, 05:59 (Ref:3044402)   #53
browney
Racer

Australia
Adelaide, South Australia
browney should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ_HCR32 View Post
I think every Australian F1 fan should unload on their FB page. Not a big fan of social media but here is a chance to voice your disgust. Worst part is they are moderating genuine comments every few hours

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...5465268&type=3
Why unload on the FB page? I actually can't understand why someone would be angry enough over the weekends coverage to 'unload' on Ten????

While the C-grade celebs were definitely very boring, the coverage was live, had the V8s and Carrera Cup shown as support races. They had the usual commentators, and went to Sky for the main coverage. The coverage was fine.

They used it to cross promote, why would ten pay all that money if they couldn't use it for that?? It is an event that many people who aren't regular F1 viewers, so they were just getting there money's worth (which, since Bernie is involved is probably obscene!!!).

I think that is all fair enough when you consider how well Ten treat F1 and MotoGP viewers.
Old 19 Mar 2012, 09:10 (Ref:3044459)   #54
Steptoe
Racer

England
10618 miles from Le Mans - NSW Australia
Steptoe should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSteptoe should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by browney View Post
Why unload on the FB page? I actually can't understand why someone would be angry enough over the weekends coverage to 'unload' on Ten????
Agreed apart from the 'on the couch stuff' it was good coverage live and FREE. The poor b*ggers in the UK have to pay an annual TV license no matter what they watch. Plus now they only get some races on the BBC unless they buy a SKY package. I'd say we are lucky with what we get down under.
Old 19 Mar 2012, 09:17 (Ref:3044464)   #55
Nicholosophy
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Nicholosophy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridNicholosophy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridNicholosophy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I was really hoping that when One got the IPTV licence last year they would at least stream FP1, FP2 and FP3 live. But nope.

Doubt it this year either so I guess I'll have to go an unofficial source for that.

I do feel sorry for the guy who brought back this old thread though. So many Brit F1 fans who don't look at the websites or news stuff who were wondering where their F1 was...
Old 20 Mar 2012, 20:58 (Ref:3045601)   #56
djinvicta
Veteran

Wales
Mojacar Southern Spain
djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!
Im surprised any Aussies were out of bed in time to watch the start!!
Old 20 Mar 2012, 21:05 (Ref:3045606)   #57
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by djinvicta View Post
Im surprised any Aussies were out of bed in time to watch the start!!
Not so hard as the race started at 5:00PM local time Sunday - although that of course meant that for those in Perth the race started at 2:00PM their time so they had to be ready earler
Old 20 Mar 2012, 23:05 (Ref:3045690)   #58
Oran Park Forever
Racer

Australia
Adelaide
Oran Park Forever should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridOran Park Forever should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridOran Park Forever should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:

They used it to cross promote, why would ten pay all that money if they couldn't use it for that?? It is an event that many people who aren't regular F1 viewers, so they were just getting there money's worth (which, since Bernie is involved is probably obscene!!!).
"All that money" comes from the advertisers who enjoy seeing their product during the 5 minute add breaks every 10 minutes!!!

It was pure self indulgience by ch10 to cross promote their try hard celebs & morning chat show.....clearly to lift it's failing ratings.

Back in the "Wide World of Sports" days, I don't recall 'Big' Darryl Eastlake interviewing that weeks guest on Hey Hey it's Saturday!.......or Don Burke joyfully telling us what the feature plant would be on the next episode of 'Burke's Backyard'. !

They simply got on with braodcasting a Motor Racing event. When there were breaks between races, they did 'motor racing' related stories......or showed a previous race specifically recorded for that purpose.

I'd much rather Ch10/1HD just show the Grand Prix as they do for the rest of the Championship.......& stop waisting our time with 7 hour telecasts, with 4 of those hours full of irrelevant garbage!

Old 20 Mar 2012, 23:35 (Ref:3045703)   #59
Casper
Veteran

Casper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCasper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mabs, if you don't like it stop whinging and vote with your feet, get up off your arse and turn it off. There are other ways to watch besides FTA TV if you insist and your life will end if you can't watch it. As for getting Broadband to watch the V8's a couple of points..

Not every broadband feed supports it? I know we can't have the T box to watch Bigpond movies and I have ADSL 1.5 meg service.

Get a life if you have to go to that extent just to watch anything to do with the V8's.
Old 20 Mar 2012, 23:50 (Ref:3045714)   #60
Oran Park Forever
Racer

Australia
Adelaide
Oran Park Forever should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridOran Park Forever should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridOran Park Forever should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Wow! Those vains in your forehead must be near bursting!

& what's V8s got to do with any of this??

Old 21 Mar 2012, 00:11 (Ref:3045724)   #61
Casper
Veteran

Casper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCasper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oran Park Forever View Post
Wow! Those vains in your forehead must be near bursting!

& what's V8s got to do with any of this??

No, my veins are perfectly normal, people who complain about trivialities in this life are the ones who have the problem and channel 10 is definitely a triviality in anyones life. As for the V8's, I was just responding to a previous post and have as much idea as you re the reason for its introduction to this thread. The Poms have been complaining for how many pages in the BBC thread, surely us Australians can beat that so keep it going guys. Really, what a big fuss about nothing. Get out there and compete and see it is a hundred more times satisfying than watching TV. I have been competing in one form or another for about 40 years so find the TV version of motorsport boring in most cases.
Old 21 Mar 2012, 01:36 (Ref:3045747)   #62
Oran Park Forever
Racer

Australia
Adelaide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper View Post
No, my veins are perfectly normal, people who complain about trivialities in this life are the ones who have the problem and channel 10 is definitely a triviality in anyones life. As for the V8's, I was just responding to a previous post and have as much idea as you re the reason for its introduction to this thread. The Poms have been complaining for how many pages in the BBC thread, surely us Australians can beat that so keep it going guys. Really, what a big fuss about nothing. Get out there and compete and see it is a hundred more times satisfying than watching TV. I have been competing in one form or another for about 40 years so find the TV version of motorsport boring in most cases.
Have been there & done that! Raced for 22 years now & loved every second of it (even the bad times, eventually!)

Simple theory is: Program guide says "Motor Racing: AGP"........

not "Millsy talking about his new pair of shoes" (just guessing as I had the sound turned down!), whilst getting on with life until the GP started......as I figured they'd at least show that race!!

Last edited by Oran Park Forever; 21 Mar 2012 at 01:39. Reason: typo
Old 22 Mar 2012, 08:39 (Ref:3046422)   #63
browney
Racer

Australia
Adelaide, South Australia
browney should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oran Park Forever View Post
"All that money" comes from the advertisers who enjoy seeing their product during the 5 minute add breaks every 10 minutes!!!

It was pure self indulgience by ch10 to cross promote their try hard celebs & morning chat show.....clearly to lift it's failing ratings.

That is my point. They buy the GP to make people watch, they use this event to potentially increase ratings during the year, so they get more advertising money and hence can pay to show F1 live (which is a relatively niche sport, which we didn't have live for many years).

They showed the F1 (practice, qually and race) as well as the V8s live. This is what we want. There were large gaps in the programming that they filled with things that will help them make money.

This is a win-win situation.

I am confused how showing other programming on Ten during the breaks between racing would make a massive improvement.

Anyway, this is a silly conversation. Enough for me.
Old 18 Apr 2012, 01:56 (Ref:3061240)   #64
rustyinsthoz
Veteran

Australia
Adelaide
rustyinsthoz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Looks like a backward step for F1 coverage in Australia. Races will now be shown on ten only so no more HD race coverage? Although qualifying for this weekend Bahrain GP is on OneHD. All races will be telecast at 9.30 pm regardless of start time.
Old 18 Apr 2012, 02:15 (Ref:3061242)   #65
Razor
10-10ths official Trekkie
Veteran

Australia
Behind the wheel
Razor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rustyinsthoz View Post
Looks like a backward step for F1 coverage in Australia. Races will now be shown on ten only so no more HD race coverage? Although qualifying for this weekend Bahrain GP is on OneHD. All races will be telecast at 9.30 pm regardless of start time.
Nothing short of pathetic with that descision.
Old 18 Apr 2012, 04:40 (Ref:3061258)   #66
IceMan_PJN
Racer

United States
Ohio
IceMan_PJN has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
F1 live (which is a relatively niche sport, which we didn't have live for many years).
A niche as in "limited interest in Australia" or in general? Globally, F1 has a fan base of 600+ million, and the only sport I know of that surpasses that is football (meaning real football and not American "foodball"). As far as just Australia, I think the viewership figures I saw were half a million, which seems decent for a total populace of I believe 22 million, and I think that's per-race viewership rather than total fans. As an illustration to that, NASCAR boasts 75 million fans, but sees only a tenth of that tuning in to watch a race.
Old 18 Apr 2012, 08:27 (Ref:3061333)   #67
Razor
Veteran

Australia
Behind the wheel
Razor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I think Mr Jim Packer wants ONE to go from General-Sports viewing to a 24hr News service. I've said it before and I'll say it again, motorsport should be on SBS or the ABC. Minimal ads (SBS) or no ads (ABC).
Old 18 Apr 2012, 08:28 (Ref:3061335)   #68
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
That statement would be totally in keeping with the rest of Aussie TV!

Absolutely unwatchable!
Old 19 Apr 2012, 00:59 (Ref:3061805)   #69
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
This thread is still going, just like Coronation Street...
Old 19 Apr 2012, 04:49 (Ref:3061828)   #70
Razor
Veteran

Australia
Behind the wheel
At least Coronation Street gave us this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eM8Ss...eature=related