Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 22 Nov 2000, 00:57 (Ref:49402)   #1
Willie the Pimp
Rookie

Willie the Pimp should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Michael schumacher....MMMM. Has anyone seen his "Actionman" doll? What's the world comin 2.
He has his big middle finger stuck up or in many pies, for real! If the colour is red he will sign it for a slice,The guy needs no more currancy surly. Ok the man's the best driver anyone has seen in some time, but come on.
Anyways if i were him......I would do exactly the same and so would you.
Old 22 Nov 2000, 02:34 (Ref:49410)   #2
neutral
Racer

neutral should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
These products are demand driven. If nobody cared for a Schumi doll then no one would produce them and hence Michael would not be making a cut. However, this is apparently not the case. I too think the idea of a schumi doll is a bit crazy, but we are obviously in the minority.

Old 22 Nov 2000, 02:50 (Ref:49411)   #3
EERO
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts
EERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Welcome Willie,

The great American Architectural pariah, Philip Johnson, once stated, while refering to the fact that most practising Architects would accept commissions that were in direct conflict with their ideals and aesthetics, that
"We are all whores".

Yes we all have a price and TGF's is is in the realm of $75,000,000 per annum after endorsements.

Its easier to keep your pride when the sums are comparitively miniscule. Hence, we never saw the Juan Manuel Fangio action figure. If some toy company is happy to pay Herr Schumacher gobs of cash to mould a little figurine in his image, I say he'd be mad not to take it.

(P.S. are you a little pimp with your hair gassed back? Do you wear a pair a khaki pants with your shoes shined black?)
Old 22 Nov 2000, 09:37 (Ref:49428)   #4
Tris
Racer

Tris should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What saddens me about MS that his move to Ferrari was not to win races but was just for $$$. Schumacher has put his name of some dodgy stuff. If there was a red weasle razor he would put his name on that.

I think a big problem with F1 is that quite a few drivers and team member as are "Only in it for the Money" (EI especially!)

Old 22 Nov 2000, 11:07 (Ref:49438)   #5
LYM
Racer

LYM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Tris
What saddens me about MS that his move to Ferrari was not to win races but was just for $$$. Schumacher has put his name of some dodgy stuff. If there was a red weasle razor he would put his name on that.

I think a big problem with F1 is that quite a few drivers and team member as are "Only in it for the Money" (EI especially!)

You are wrong Tris. TGF is too ambitious to join a team just for the money. He knew that he is best (alongside with Mika) of his generation. He wanted fame and authority as well.

He wants to be the most remembered drivers in the sports. And he wanted the team to be built around him. Ferrari donned his achievements with a prancing horse to make sure he will be more famous than ever. McLaren could have offered him more money but Ron Dennis would not put him above buddy Mika. If he had driven for McLaren or Williams, critics may claim that he is aided by Ron Dennis and one of the best cars around. He chose an average Ferrari, so now pple say he helped to build up the team. But TGF knew all along that in the long run, team with the richest resources will get to the top eventually, it's question of when.

TGF is far more complicated and foresighted to act solely for $$. It motivates a person to a certain extent. Beyond that it becomes just a figure to remember.

Old 22 Nov 2000, 13:28 (Ref:49450)   #6
redback
Racer

redback should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think MS has the right to put his name to whatever he wants. Its his name and if he is willing to have an action man in his likeness good luck to him.

Where are they selling the Shumi doll? Does anyone have a pic? I don't want one, I was curious as to how lame it might look. What about a Mika and DC doll too. And Tris, what is a red weasle razor? I haven't heard that one before.

Old 22 Nov 2000, 15:04 (Ref:49461)   #7
KC
Veteran

United States
Tulsa, Oklahoma, USA
KC should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKC should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I know I'd endorse a turd if someone would be willing to pay me for it.

Welcome to world of sports-product endorsement.
Old 22 Nov 2000, 15:37 (Ref:49463)   #8
Neil C
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United Nations
People's Republic of Ann Arbor, Michigan
Neil C should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by EERO
The great American Architectural pariah, Philip Johnson, once stated, while refering to the fact that most practising Architects would accept commissions that were in direct conflict with their ideals and aesthetics, that
"We are all whores
Quote:

(P.S. are you a little pimp with your hair gassed back? Do you wear a pair a khaki pants with your shoes shined black?)
Is Philip Johnson the guy who feuded with, or was at least a harsh critic of F.L. Wright? Is that a Frank Zappa quote? Your references are better than Dennis Miller's.

Oh yes, topic: who's to say how much MS should or should not make? I say only MS.
Old 22 Nov 2000, 17:43 (Ref:49486)   #9
EERO
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts
EERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
EERO bows and thanks Neil for getting all his references

Also, PJ as he is know in the Profession sported political leanings which would have aligned him with Max Moseley's father years ago....
Old 22 Nov 2000, 19:59 (Ref:49514)   #10
TimD
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United Kingdom
Derbyshire Peak District, United Kingdom
TimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
So let me get this straight...

Philip Johnson designed the porch on the Lido Hotel, right?

Or should I just say Hot Rats, and agree that you can't do that on stage anymore.

Oh, by the way, I don't begrudge Michael Schumacher the merchandising. As long as the miniature race cars (sans driver figures) are still affordable, let him rake it in.
Old 22 Nov 2000, 20:32 (Ref:49517)   #11
Neil C
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United Nations
People's Republic of Ann Arbor, Michigan
Neil C should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Tris
If there was a red weasle razor he would put his name on that.

Tim, I was reminded more of "Weasles Ripped My Flesh", thanks to Tris' subliminal inclusion.

Sorry, Willie, your topic has been hijacked. Theres never an Administrator around when you need one!
Old 22 Nov 2000, 20:42 (Ref:49518)   #12
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!
I've got to say, TGF has put his name on some rather 'interesting' (*ahem*) merchandise. I mean, a TGF nightlight...what is this world coming to???
Old 22 Nov 2000, 21:40 (Ref:49540)   #13
Tris
Racer

Quote:
Originally posted by Neil C

Tim, I was reminded more of "Weasles Ripped My Flesh", thanks to Tris' subliminal inclusion.
RZZZZZ! you got me on that one Tim!

What disturbs me more than the rubbish that TGF puts his name on it is the fact that some one out there is buying it... come on.. own up I'll make sure you get the help you need!

LYM, while I respect and love Schumacher as a driver I just can not believe anything that the man says. He has told so many lies and has been involved in such gamesmanship I really have question the sincerity of his words. I am not alone in believing that “he had an onion in his handkerchief” at the Monza post-race press conference.

Schuey told such terrible lies it would make one gasp and stretch ones eyes.....
Old 23 Nov 2000, 02:29 (Ref:49580)   #14
Willie the Pimp
Rookie

Willie the Pimp should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Plastic mini Michael replicants

Hi Redback..What's all this hijack ****?
we are all drifting from the point here.
Stupid quotes, FZ chat "N" ****.
anyways i can send you a scan of the dubious German action dude "I here that really cute ones come from over there"
Oops now iv'e started! Well if you or indeed anyone wants a scan drop me an email or grab a copy of Grand prix legends Newsletter. But hurry apparently thay only have 100 plastic mini Michael replicants in stock. "credit cards @ the ready".
Old 23 Nov 2000, 02:47 (Ref:49585)   #15
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hello Wilff, er Willie.

Mika probably ordered several dozen of those action figures and a large box of silver pins.

And I think the most loathesome thing I've seen TGF's face on was a seat cushion.

Think about it.
Old 23 Nov 2000, 05:35 (Ref:49601)   #16
Diabando
Veteran

Australia
Victoria, Australia
Diabando should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDiabando should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid

ermmmm....I have some news for you guys...

You are all on about the TGF doll...well, I need to take this one horrifying step further...I have seen, with my own eyes..a Corinna doll, dressed up in the ferrari race suit. Yes, you heard me right. The perfect partner to the TGF doll, is one of his wife. (and yes, her face does look amazingly like barbie)

How do I know this - how did I see it? My BROTHER has them.

And Liz - I know about the seat cushion - I have one in my possession...once again, purchased by my brother, and given to me at Christmas.

I will go and hide in shame right now.....
Old 23 Nov 2000, 08:16 (Ref:49608)   #17
Tris
Racer

I think A great idea would be to have toilet paper with your least favourite driver printed on it!

(I have a roll of loo paper with Margret Thatcher's face printed on every sheet!)

Imagine being able to wipe your arse with Michael Schumacher or Ron Dennis!
Old 23 Nov 2000, 09:12 (Ref:49611)   #18
Sykes
Rookie

Sykes should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Tris,
Now, now.....

Quote:
Imagine being able to wipe your arse with Michael Schumacher or Ron Dennis!
Definitely not John Lennon's Imagine but it may just remind one that MS IS stinking rich and RD just stinks.

Old 24 Nov 2000, 12:20 (Ref:49736)   #19
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If there's anything guaranteed to make you irregular, it's toilet roll with TFG's face leering at you.

Does the Corrinna doll refuse to talk to the Becky Herbert doll?

Has anyone sent one of those to Frenzy?
Old 25 Nov 2000, 08:35 (Ref:49818)   #20
Langers
Veteran

Langers should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is there an online catalogue for this merchandise?
Old 25 Nov 2000, 09:44 (Ref:49821)   #21
LYM
Racer

LYM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
F1 merchandise

Quote:
Originally posted by Langers
Is there an online catalogue for this merchandise?
http://www.f1-merchandise.com/
They have a catalogue attached to the November edition of F1 magazine, and I thought I saw the "Schumiman" inside.

BTW, the BAR fleece is pretty cool.

Also, http://www.f1-andmore.com/

Happy Christmas shopping.

Old 25 Nov 2000, 14:54 (Ref:49858)   #22
Katherine
Rookie

Katherine should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Now I'm reknowned for being very pro-Schumi, but there's absolutely no way that I'd consider buying a Schumi doll or nightlight! Mind you, the concept of the nightlight is a good one, I'd gain some satisfaction at being able to turn my favourite driver on night after night after night, WAY HEY!
Old 29 Nov 2000, 21:22 (Ref:50357)   #23
dick
Rookie

dick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
schumacher joined ferrari for money.its the only thing he cares about.
Old 30 Nov 2000, 03:33 (Ref:50398)   #24
Gt_R
Veteran

Gt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
"schumacher joined ferrari for money.its the ONLY thing he cares about."

I'm sorry, dick, but there are things like THE CHAMPIONSHIPS, THE RECORDS, HIS WIFE, HIS CHILDREN, HIS BROTHER that he too cares about...in short, i totally disagree with this biased statement you make...

Old 30 Nov 2000, 04:52 (Ref:50404)   #25
Tris
Racer

I can concur with much of the praise bestowed on Schumacher for his actual driving there is no way I can buy into all these statements that proclaim Schumacher joined Ferrari to make “history.” Fact, when he joined Ferrari in 1995 Schumacher was very vocal about not buying into the Ferrari legend. His justification for joining Ferrari was as a “new challenge.” It has only been this year since Schumacher has stated to harp on about the significance of winning a championship for Ferrari.

I think that Schumacher’s sentiment is challengeable given the fact that Prost, Senna and Mansell had spent the best part of ten years backstabbing each other to make sure they were in the best car. Suffice to say, I believe that money was the major factor in Schumacher’s move to Ferrari. Having said that I think his management has ad a great deal of input in his decision. Schumacher has been a lot of people’s meal tickets. It started at the beginning of his Formula 1 career with the switch to Benetton.