Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Indycar Series

Old 7 May 2011, 21:26 (Ref:2876477)   #51
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by jondownunder View Post
So Speed's had to eat humble pie now then has he, after his arrogant dismissal of IndyCar not so long ago?

Teixeira is absolutely dire as a driver. Worse than Tung, another no hoper (though a nice guy) who I always assumed would be in that China Racing entry.

If you search at the NISS forum you'll probably find some amusing comments about Teixeira's talents. Most notable thing he's ever done is this. Doubt he'll qualify, hope he just stays out of everyone else's way. He very much must have bought his Lotus test drive, like most other F1 'test' drivers these days.

I'm guessing Sonangol will still be bankrolling his 'career', although I think they've disappeared from funding Superleague Formula, hence their vastly reduced calendar.
Word on the street about Speed is he is a bit too full of himself and hard to work with. If that's not accurate, for all of what Red Bull spent on his junior formula career($17 million) he should be much further along as a professional driver rather than scraping around bouncing all over the place.

Judging from that video clip Teixeira should be right at home in the take to the skies dullaras.

Sonangol is going onboard as a major F1 sponsor it appears, too bad they left Superleague.
Old 10 May 2011, 19:17 (Ref:2878337)   #52
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The revised entry list shows that China Racing has evaporated (yep...vaporware) from the list and that the #16 car is gone as well.

I don't think Pagenaud will get a seat, unless a team grabs him to step in, but he is not in ROP this Thursday, so I don't think the $$$ or the deal came together.

One American Open Wheel Series!
Old 20 May 2011, 08:16 (Ref:2882979)   #53
Alwaysfirst
Veteran

United Kingdom
The rural idyl.
Alwaysfirst should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Very good interview with Townsend Bell, Will Power & JR Hildebrand here after todays practice. Of particular note are Bell's views on the new car & speed...

http://www.livestream.com/indianapol...6-3b94a27dd719

RIP Marco Simoncelli, 1987-2011. 2008 250cc champion
Old 20 May 2011, 15:17 (Ref:2883153)   #54
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Does anyone know if the Hot Wheels ramp is making spectators mad?
Old 20 May 2011, 17:04 (Ref:2883191)   #55
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaBUru38 View Post
Does anyone know if the Hot Wheels ramp is making spectators mad?
People who have been out there thus far say that it won't interfere with anyone's view of the track.

Old 20 May 2011, 17:06 (Ref:2883192)   #56
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Simona Di Silvestro did NOT receive medical clearance to return to action this morning.

No indication as to when she can go back to be re-evaluated, but HVM should probably look at Plan B for this weekend to get someone else in the car to at least qualify it.

Old 20 May 2011, 22:40 (Ref:2883304)   #57
jondownunder
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
jondownunder should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjondownunder should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Scott Speed speaking to Autosport, 30th Dec 2010:

Quote:
"I know I am one of the best open-wheel road-racers in this country. I know I could walk into the IRL scene and be successful. But I'm not done proving what I can do in NASCAR."
Today:

Scott Speed To Step Away From Indy 500 Seat?
Old 21 May 2011, 00:36 (Ref:2883335)   #58
jondownunder
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
jondownunder should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjondownunder should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
...though Speed has denied the rumours...

http://www.crash.net/indycar/news/16...t_rumours.html
http://msn.foxsports.com/nascar/stor...polis-500-team
Old 21 May 2011, 00:52 (Ref:2883338)   #59
DanicaFan
Veteran

United States
Stuckeyville
DanicaFan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well, I was hoping Danica would of made her qualifying attempts earlier in the session but instead she will be in the heat of the day. Oh well, she is showing speed, I think she will do just fine.
Old 21 May 2011, 08:20 (Ref:2883419)   #60
Andy Roberts
Racer

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
Andy Roberts should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Scott Speed is a dick. Sorry, but he is. He'd rather leave his team hanging than use his "oh so great ability" to sort the car out. I hope he doesn't get back in the car, and if he does then I hope he ends up bump day the lowest bumper.

Sorry, no time for this bloke.
Old 21 May 2011, 17:37 (Ref:2883563)   #61
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Roberts View Post
Scott Speed is a dick. Sorry, but he is. He'd rather leave his team hanging than use his "oh so great ability" to sort the car out. I hope he doesn't get back in the car, and if he does then I hope he ends up bump day the lowest bumper.

Sorry, no time for this bloke.
I think he could be one of the biggest busts of the past decade. Red Bull sunk $23 million into his junior formula career to get him to F1 where he ****ed off everyone there and then getting dumped in nascar, ticked off everyone there.
Old 22 May 2011, 16:00 (Ref:2883961)   #62
kurski
Veteran

Finland
kurski should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkurski should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Roberts View Post
Carpentier called in reinforcements to the Indy 500. Patrick Carpentier has been called as a last resort try to qualify the No. 20 car of Dragon Racing hitherto entrusted to Scott Speed
Old 22 May 2011, 21:12 (Ref:2884111)   #63
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kurski View Post
Carpentier called in reinforcements to the Indy 500. Patrick Carpentier has been called as a last resort try to qualify the No. 20 car of Dragon Racing hitherto entrusted to Scott Speed
Carpentier has crashed that and that car is out. If only Jay could tap some of that famous Indy luck from his dad. Except for his 1995 luck I guess.
Old 25 May 2011, 00:06 (Ref:2885519)   #64
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradise City View Post
Carpentier has crashed that and that car is out. If only Jay could tap some of that famous Indy luck from his dad. Except for his 1995 luck I guess.
Rumor here in Indy is that with two wrecked cars, Dragon may be done for the year...

If they are, Paul Tracy will be out of luck yet again following Indy.

Haven't gotten confirmation of the Dragon demise, but that one has been whispered by lots of people since Sunday morning.

Old 25 May 2011, 00:25 (Ref:2885526)   #65
Andy Roberts
Racer

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
Andy Roberts should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Junqueria has been booted out in favor of Hunter-Reay.

Now I know this has happened lots in the past but man, it sucks! What the heck is the point of having bump day, if the following day you can just buy yourself in anyway?

So basically, RHR is a ride buyer for the 500 this year.
Old 25 May 2011, 03:19 (Ref:2885545)   #66
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I was in the Hall of Fame museum today (what a collection of winning cars!), when who wonders in to have a look at the Clark Lotus? Dario Franchitti...

my attention though was later taken away though when the "Indiana Dairy Princess" entered the room
Old 25 May 2011, 09:04 (Ref:2885610)   #67
marcostraz
Veteran

marcostraz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
On the race, I think that will emerge the usual big names... but be careful, the history of Indy tells us that everything is unpredictable, even last year if the race was finished under the green an outsider would probably have won...Tagliani and Servia are in the front row and this is not so much a surprise, because they were fast for the entire week, as well as Carpenter (which I expect to make a good race)... the same for Meira...if I have to make a surprise name that will make a good race, I say Baguette...howeve,r I expect first wild laps like last year...
Old 26 May 2011, 20:57 (Ref:2886420)   #68
HJJ
Veteran

United States
Hoschburg, just outside of Brasleburg.
HJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Northcutt View Post
Rumor here in Indy is that with two wrecked cars, Dragon may be done for the year...

If they are, Paul Tracy will be out of luck yet again following Indy.
Dragon will be at Tejas with Tracy. They still have the car that Paul drove at Long Beach that was not crashed at Indy.
Old 26 May 2011, 22:25 (Ref:2886460)   #69
ujoint
Racer

United States
usa, virginia
ujoint should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridujoint should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The xfactor. The new re-start. Don't forget it. Hope no one gets run over.

You think anyone in the seat is asking "how do I do that"?
Old 27 May 2011, 00:46 (Ref:2886489)   #70
Jonerz
Veteran

United States
Youston
Jonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I think they've taken a pansy approach to the three wide starts with the leader guaranteed to lead the first lap, and the failure to throw the yellow when the guys don't line up. The drivers seem more worried about giving up inches of track position behind them rather than being closer to the car in front.

As far as the two-wide restarts go, good for the show, and the drivers for the most part have the skill to handle them with ease, it's just whether or not they have the desire to handle it.

Chris
Old 27 May 2011, 00:56 (Ref:2886492)   #71
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I've been enjoying the Indy 500s on ESPN Classic this week. Too many to watch, but makes excited about the coming race and a little bummed that "it ain't what it used to be."
Old 27 May 2011, 15:33 (Ref:2886755)   #72
Jonerz
Veteran

United States
Youston
Jonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I've PVRed a couple of them that caught my eye, I look forward to watching and rewatching them! That is cool that ESPN Classic has chosen to broadcast classic Indy's.

Chris
Old 29 May 2011, 16:56 (Ref:2887606)   #73
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
That was a very raged start, Dixon clearly had the advantage.
Old 29 May 2011, 19:15 (Ref:2887688)   #74
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Who would have thought it. What a finish, makes up for Monaco. Feel so sorry for Hilderbrand; turn 4.

Congratulations Dan Wheldon and Bryan Herta.
Old 29 May 2011, 19:17 (Ref:2887690)   #75
cds_uk
Veteran

England
Kesgrave, Suffolk, UK
cds_uk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That was bloody unreal!!!