Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising Live Chat  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 9 Feb 2018, 14:59 (Ref:3799923)   #1066
Damian Baldi
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Damian Baldi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridDamian Baldi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
ByKOLLES RACING FIRES-UP, AGAIN IN LMP1, FOR THE 2018/19 WEC SUPERSEASON

Quote:
ByKOLLES Racing will take part in the 2018/19 Superseason of the World Endurance Championship (WEC), competing again in the LMP1 class. During a press-conference held in Paris today, Series Promoters of WEC have confirmed the entry of the Greding-based private Team to the Championship which includes two times Le Mans 24hrs race. ByKOLLES confirms also Oliver Webb (GB) as its first contracted driver.

"We look forward to the coming tasks of WEC season with enthousiasm. In particular, we perceive the Le Mans events, which will see our team this year in June entering it for the 8th time, as special highlights" says ByKOLLES chief of race operations, Boris Bermes. "Competition in LMP1 will be drastically different to previous years, given the withdrawal of Porsche and new private teams joining. We significantly changed and improved our package in recent months and our Enso CLM P1/01 car has been provided with extensively tested updates so that we can expect to be at the top in a competition which is becoming more and more exciting. We are delighted to confirm Oliver Webb as one of our drivers and we will announce the full drivers line-up in the coming weeks".

"I am excited to having the chance of staying with ByKOLLES Racing for the coming Superseason" says Oliver Webb, "we never had such good possibilities to succeed as today although there will be a fierce opposition in the LMP1-L class like never before and I 'm proud of being part of it, for which I feel grateful towards the team. We intensively tested during winter and we are confident on our package performing well on track".
Old 9 Feb 2018, 17:24 (Ref:3799986)   #1067
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 has a real shot at the podium!TF110 has a real shot at the podium!TF110 has a real shot at the podium!TF110 has a real shot at the podium!TF110 has a real shot at the podium!
Glad to see this team continue on. Hope they have a good package to go with that Nissan engine!
Old 9 Feb 2018, 20:12 (Ref:3800058)   #1068
Damian Baldi
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Damian Baldi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridDamian Baldi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well, this time we know that they made several test sessions, but we don't know if that will change their usual performance. I hope yes.
Old 9 Feb 2018, 21:02 (Ref:3800074)   #1069
Chiana
Veteran

Chiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameChiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameChiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameChiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameChiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameChiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameChiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameChiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Trying and testing new things out has never been a problem for this team, in fact other than the factories Kolles has been the one to update their machinery the most throughout the grid, which is admirable. What has been a problem however is that those updated parts have either been ineffective or plain crap most of the time.

Anyway while I don't think they're gonna challenge top 5 finish anywhere, certainly not LM, I think they could be decent-ish at Spa because the track suits the low df aero okay and all the other privateer cars probably have some teething issues still.
Old 10 Feb 2018, 03:26 (Ref:3800146)   #1070
carbsmith
Veteran

carbsmith should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcarbsmith should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcarbsmith should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The updates have worked okay considering the car's fastest lap improved at Le Mans improved 9 seconds in two years, it's just polishing a turd. (plus LMP2 is now 11 seconds faster, so it doesn't look like they've gone anywhere)
Old 10 Feb 2018, 09:01 (Ref:3800191)   #1071
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 has a real shot at the podium!TF110 has a real shot at the podium!TF110 has a real shot at the podium!TF110 has a real shot at the podium!TF110 has a real shot at the podium!
They could have gone a lot faster last year too. A potential 3:21 at Le Mans. There really wasn't any reason to go all out anyway because Porsche and Toyota were out of reach. Beating the p2's was good enough. I think this year they can be better. More testing has taken place and it seems like they're getting more from their Nissan engine. I hope so at least.
Old 10 Feb 2018, 13:48 (Ref:3800277)   #1072
Chiana
Veteran

Chiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameChiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameChiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameChiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameChiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameChiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameChiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameChiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Why did they ditch Dunlops last year by the way? I don't remember them being particularly bad in their or Swiss hands, though it's hard to tell...
Old 10 Feb 2018, 16:56 (Ref:3800322)   #1073
Damian Baldi
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
Why did they ditch Dunlops last year by the way? I don't remember them being particularly bad in their or Swiss hands, though it's hard to tell...
They used Dunlop in 2016, but went back to Michelin for 2017 when Rebellion left the series. It was a test for the upcoming new P2 cars.
Old 10 Feb 2018, 17:14 (Ref:3800324)   #1074
Chiana
Veteran

I was going to say "but wouldn't you want to retain that relationship if Dunlop managed to produce better wet weather tire than Michelin, which would enable you to have potential ace in the hole against the others" but then I remembered these cars aren't allowed to race in the rain anymore. Also I guess Dunlop doesn't really need that marketing value in LMP1 when they have that armada in LMP2 anyway.
Old 11 Feb 2018, 00:48 (Ref:3800376)   #1075
TF110
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
I was going to say "but wouldn't you want to retain that relationship if Dunlop managed to produce better wet weather tire than Michelin, which would enable you to have potential ace in the hole against the others" but then I remembered these cars aren't allowed to race in the rain anymore. Also I guess Dunlop doesn't really need that marketing value in LMP1 when they have that armada in LMP2 anyway.
Last years Fuji race was a weird one with all the stopping but it was wet for the whole thing. I don't remember the Dunlop performance in the wet, was it better than the Michelin just in lmp2 or GTE?
Old 11 Feb 2018, 01:01 (Ref:3800379)   #1076
Chiana
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
Last years Fuji race was a weird one with all the stopping but it was wet for the whole thing. I don't remember the Dunlop performance in the wet, was it better than the Michelin just in lmp2 or GTE?
I recall JMW on Dunlops being occasionally better suited in the wet than the Michelin-runners but that was years ago when I still followed GTE/GT2. In any case, I think whenever there is tire war in the category, you can at least hope for your entry that's equipped with the "underdog tires" to perform differently than competition in unexpected conditions... just like Falken in ALMS showed years ago with their ludicrously better traction on wet (and certain street circuits).

Anyway, Le Mans 2016 with the disgraced one hour SC start (not to mention them even proposing stopping the race which had never ever been done before) which continued until the track was near bone dry just like in F1 is the one I'm always going to be referring as the "not allowed to race in the rain anymore" example
Old 13 Feb 2018, 15:56 (Ref:3800986)   #1077
Damian Baldi
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Manfredi Ravetto joins ByKOLLES Racing

Quote:
Manfredi Ravetto joins LMP1 constructor and race-operation ByKOLLES Racing, taking the position of team principal with immediate effect.

42 years old Italian Ravetto has previously had intensive involvement in all Colin Kolles-led projects, from F1 to DTM, and now extends the cooperation to prototypes with an eye to expanding ByKOLLES' activities to additional programs as well as giving his personal push for the 2018/19 WEC Superseason.
source
Old Today, 14:52 (Ref:3802417)   #1078
Damian Baldi
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Manfredi Ravetto (ByKolles Racing): "Our expectations are great"

A second car?

Quote:
The Austrian team will see two LMP1 cars rolled out: "We are pushing 100% for a second car, which will be done as soon as all the ingredients are together. "
in french
Old Today, 15:30 (Ref:3802423)   #1079
canaglia
Racer

canaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not so impossible, as far I know CLM is still built around the adess lmp2 monocoque used for lotus T128 back in 2013.
Kolles had 2 cars.... actually is just about to produce enough spare parts and get enough supplies (gearboxes, electronics, engines etc...) to be used on a second car.

Anyway, the main problem for them is budget shortage.... if you ask to me, it will be already a great achievement if one CLM will be fielded outside europe.
Old Today, 16:55 (Ref:3802445)   #1080
Chiana
Veteran

They already talked about in in the winter of 2014-15 (?) IIRC, about it being a test mule if not sold to anyone.

Anyway I guess if they could get the thing running by the end of the year, second entry request for Le Mans 2019 pretty much quaranteed?