Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 16 Jun 2016, 09:53 (Ref:3650416)   #51
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayhem View Post
Who bought in last year?
No one bought in. they sold a chunk to Superblack though, previously they had sold a chunk to V8SC
Old 16 Jun 2016, 11:55 (Ref:3650441)   #52
sizzle
Veteran

Australia
Darwin
sizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
An unsubstantiated whisper out of the paddock is that the team may have been sold to a person formally involved in the industry.
Old 16 Jun 2016, 12:36 (Ref:3650449)   #53
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The industry, or the catagory itself?

Could be a few potentials there.
Old 18 Jun 2016, 02:49 (Ref:3651161)   #54
mayhem
Veteran

Aruba
On that Island in LOST.
mayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
After all the internal reshuffling, the once mighty HRT has qualified 17th (#22) and second last (#2).

How long until the "We're concentrating on the enduros" press release?
Old 18 Jun 2016, 07:43 (Ref:3651202)   #55
xrystl
Racer

Pitcairn Islands
gold coast
xrystl should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayhem View Post
After all the internal reshuffling, the once mighty HRT has qualified 17th (#22) and second last (#2).

How long until the "We're concentrating on the enduros" press release?
Congrats to HRT and Courtney and Tander , the Engineering reshuffle has worked a treat , Just can't wait for the next race
Old 18 Jun 2016, 10:39 (Ref:3651275)   #56
sizzle
Veteran

Australia
Darwin
sizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umai Naa View Post
The industry, or the catagory itself?

Could be a few potentials there.
Category
Old 19 Jun 2016, 02:12 (Ref:3652477)   #57
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzle View Post
Category
Heard it was a couple of brothers... Or Bro's eh?
Old 19 Jun 2016, 02:29 (Ref:3652489)   #58
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I suspict so es will...
Old 19 Jun 2016, 02:33 (Ref:3652491)   #59
F J Nedos
Veteran

Australia
Canberra
F J Nedos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Stone bros running holders??
Old 19 Jun 2016, 03:18 (Ref:3652525)   #60
Umai Naa
Veteran

Does it really matter?

They're already running a semi-works Aston Martin gig in SE Asia.
Old 19 Jun 2016, 05:52 (Ref:3652640)   #61
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by F J Nedos View Post
Stone bros running holders??
So I don't claim to have a powder room but a current supercar sponsor told me he had heard they are looking in, not specifically with regard to WP mind you.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Old 19 Jun 2016, 06:35 (Ref:3652671)   #62
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post
Heard it was a couple of brothers... Or Bro's eh?
...who have access to a recent spec 888 VF CotF in their shed?

Could be interesting....
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 21 Jun 2016, 00:31 (Ref:3654011)   #63
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
HRT To Have Post Hidden Valley Review

More talking... to go with the more talking...

When the doing is the bit that seems to be not working...
Old 21 Jun 2016, 02:13 (Ref:3654044)   #64
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
HRT To Have Post Hidden Valley Review

More talking... to go with the more talking...

When the doing is the bit that seems to be not working...
Think you're being a bit harsh there GTR - reading the article there's been plenty of doing as well as the talking but ultimately, the talking is important to provide direction for the doing.

Sounds like the change in Darwin was positive for the 22 but maybe not so much for the 2.
Old 21 Jun 2016, 03:18 (Ref:3654051)   #65
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourer View Post
Think you're being a bit harsh there GTR - reading the article there's been plenty of doing as well as the talking but ultimately, the talking is important to provide direction for the doing.

Sounds like the change in Darwin was positive for the 22 but maybe not so much for the 2.
HRT is the Official Factory Team of Holden.. they have been struggling for YEARS... and despite umpteen personnel changes across that time, big dollars on engines, moving from two cars to three cars to four cars and back to two cars, nothing seems to work to transform their ontrack performance.

Its sad to see an icon so at sea..
Old 21 Jun 2016, 03:24 (Ref:3654053)   #66
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
One thing needs to change, been saying it for years

They have no genuine motor racing figurehead at the top
Old 21 Jun 2016, 06:39 (Ref:3654082)   #67
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
HRT is the Official Factory Team of Holden.. they have been struggling for YEARS... and despite umpteen personnel changes across that time, big dollars on engines, moving from two cars to three cars to four cars and back to two cars, nothing seems to work to transform their ontrack performance.

Its sad to see an icon so at sea..
Agree, it is sad. I get the feeling they're close but then that can be said re quite a few teams. The game isn't easy is it? I think these days that both HRT and RBR have official factory team status don't they?

Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post

Well they had Mark Skaife at the top and that didn't work for them. In regard to the team, Adrian Burgess is most definitely a motor racing figurehead with a helluva task.
Old 21 Jun 2016, 08:42 (Ref:3654103)   #68
Kingair
Veteran

Kingair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKingair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Eddie McGuire saga, has Holden's sponsorship of Collingwood being worth $3 million a year.
Old 21 Jun 2016, 10:24 (Ref:3654115)   #69
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:

Well they had Mark Skaife at the top and that didn't work for them. In regard to the team, Adrian Burgess is most definitely a motor racing figurehead with a helluva task.
your theory sounded good, so i sunk some lira into research

Mark Skafe 2003-2008 (6 years) 4 top Five in the championship 43 Race wins including 3 enduro wins
Tom Walkinshaw 2009-2010 (2 years) 3 top Five in the championship 11 race wins including 2 enduro wins
Ryan Walkinshaw 2011 to current (5.5 years) 1 top 5 in the championship, 11 race wins, including 1 enduro win (and i will add, 4 wins including the enduro happened in the first year 2011 as did the only top 5 championship finish)

Unfortunately HRT are at a low, maybe its courtney thats caused the downhill, but ive been saying for years, No genuine figurehead at the top, Every other major team has one
Old 21 Jun 2016, 12:06 (Ref:3654139)   #70
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Don't think that Courtney has caused a slump, he is after all simply an employee rather than having any control over the structure and operations of the team.

I'm not convinced about the "figurehead" idea - look at PRA as an example, there is Mr Edwards but the owners are heavily involved too - which one out of that group is the "figurehead"?

I'd suggest that it's probably more about COTF, getting to grips with it and the tightened up regs on engine weights etc - I just don't think they've quite found their mojo - whether they ever will again remains to be seen.
Old 21 Jun 2016, 19:32 (Ref:3654274)   #71
Compromised
Veteran

Compromised should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
When you are the "factory" team and regularly get beat by privateers from Albury, you know there is something really wrong - bigger budget. Arguably better drivers. Better facility. Easier to find good people who want to live in Melbourne... Holden can't be too happy
Old 21 Jun 2016, 19:33 (Ref:3654275)   #72
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingair View Post
The Eddie McGuire saga, has Holden's sponsorship of Collingwood being worth $3 million a year.
It's always a risk sponsoring football teams (of all codes) due to the occasional boofhead behaviour of players. With Collingwood the risk is much higher due to the club having a boofhead President who says and does embarrassing things on a reasonably regular basis.
Old 21 Jun 2016, 23:46 (Ref:3654330)   #73
Mixer
Veteran

Quote:
It's always a risk sponsoring football teams (of all codes) due to the occasional boofhead behaviour of players. With Collingwood the risk is much higher due to the club having a boofhead President who says and does embarrassing things on a reasonably regular basis.
I lived in NSW for 8 months of last year.... It isn't occasional
Old 21 Jun 2016, 23:47 (Ref:3654331)   #74
Umai Naa
Veteran

Just don't think for a minute that if Holden withdraws its sponsorship from Collingwood, that it'll be funnelled into motorsport instead.

Holden's motorsport budget is only a very small portion of their total marketing budget these days.
Old 22 Jun 2016, 00:29 (Ref:3654334)   #75
Sandgroper
Veteran

Australia
Perth WA (south of the river)
Sandgroper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post

The Figurehead (other than RW ) I thought was Garth but now it seems James has taken that mantle. I find him more likable than GT who comes across as a bit of a whiner and having the same success as the likes of Skaife & Murph in their elder years.

However in this instance I don't think the car has the goods,