Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 7 Nov 2016, 02:25 (Ref:3686100)   #1
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Veggie Dirk Klynsmith Allegedly Assaulted

Photographer assaulted, car club in damage control

Reckon there is more to this
Old 7 Nov 2016, 02:32 (Ref:3686102)   #2
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
The story actually seems to cover it pretty well. There'll be more to come most likely, police investigating and if it ends up in court that'll take a while.
Old 7 Nov 2016, 02:37 (Ref:3686103)   #3
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourer View Post
The story actually seems to cover it pretty well. There'll be more to come most likely, police investigating and if it ends up in court that'll take a while.
How can a story that only talks to one of the parties cover it well. It cant.

Is there back story between the two, what happened in the initial incident, Whats caused Jarvis to be there in the first place. Lots of stuff that means we probably shouldn't draw conclusions
Old 7 Nov 2016, 02:42 (Ref:3686106)   #4
mayhem
Veteran

Aruba
On that Island in LOST.
mayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Care to elaborate?
Old 7 Nov 2016, 02:46 (Ref:3686107)   #5
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayhem View Post
Care to elaborate?
see previous post
Old 7 Nov 2016, 02:51 (Ref:3686108)   #6
mayhem
Veteran

Aruba
On that Island in LOST.
mayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well what I see is a verbal argument (background to argument covered in story), a bloke being the bigger man and walking away, only to have his feet kicked out from under him by a person supposedly with some authority in NZ motorsport (see video) and then pushed to the ground whilst carrying 15 kgs of camera gear (see video).

Not sure how clear cut you need things to be: the bloke from the Auckland Car Club is an A grade flog, surrounded by other flogs, behaving like a flog.
Old 7 Nov 2016, 02:52 (Ref:3686110)   #7
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Well what I see is a verbal argument (background to argument covered in story), a bloke being the bigger man and walking away, only to have his feet kicked out from under him by a person supposedly with some authority in NZ motorsport (see video) and then pushed to the ground whilst carrying 15 kgs of camera gear (see video).

Not sure how clear cut you need things to be: the bloke from the Auckland Car Club is an A grade flog, surrounded by other flogs, behaving like a flog.
And a Bathurst starter in 1986 no less...
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 7 Nov 2016, 02:58 (Ref:3686111)   #8
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:

you see part of a verbal argument that related to a previous incident that you havent seen.

did you see the part where a grumpy old man pulled the "do you know who i am routine" then unhappy with his treatment he went back and aggressively tried again
Old 7 Nov 2016, 03:06 (Ref:3686112)   #9
sizzle
Veteran

Australia
Darwin
sizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
And a Bathurst starter in 1986 no less...
Maybe he didn't take his photo back then
Old 7 Nov 2016, 03:08 (Ref:3686113)   #10
mayhem
Veteran

Aruba
On that Island in LOST.
Quote:
you see part of a verbal argument that related to a previous incident that you havent seen.

did you see the part where a grumpy old man pulled the "do you know who i am routine" then unhappy with his treatment he went back and aggressively tried again
Much like most of what you write here, I don't see what point you're trying to make. Next....
Old 7 Nov 2016, 03:13 (Ref:3686114)   #11
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Much like most of what you write here, I don't see what point you're trying to make. Next....
well i think my point there is more to this. which funnily enough is what i originally said

No need for personal attacks
Old 7 Nov 2016, 03:19 (Ref:3686116)   #12
mayhem
Veteran

Aruba
On that Island in LOST.
Its not a personal attack. Getting your legs kicked out from under you and being pushed to the ground is a personal attack.
Old 7 Nov 2016, 03:32 (Ref:3686121)   #13
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Its not a personal attack. Getting your legs kicked out from under you and being pushed to the ground is a personal attack.
Sure it was. Getting your legs kicked out from under you and being pushed to the ground is a personal attack. one is evrbal and one is physical

But you just exampled exactly how things work.

Cranky old man doesnt get his was and someone disagrees with him so he starts the personal attacks. Get two cranky old men and someone ends up on their butt. Lucky im not a cranky old man

Let me repeat , there is more to this.

That being said, its not a good look and fortunate someone wasnt hurt more or even dead, lucky the grass was soft. But its such a simple thing, starts as just a bit of pushing, which is all this is, but then someone trips
Old 7 Nov 2016, 03:39 (Ref:3686122)   #14
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It will be alleged that his media accreditation was not honoured at that checkpoint, in the first instance.

I'd be upset too, especially if taking photos on behalf of the category that puts food on my table.
Old 7 Nov 2016, 16:35 (Ref:3686247)   #15
TWRv12
Veteran

TWRv12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTWRv12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Club President Release

07.11.16 - 10.00pm
In accordance with the Club’s rules, the Executive Committee of the Auckland Car Club is taking steps to remove Ted Jarvis as President of the Club.
http://www.aucklandcarclub.org.nz/?id=353

Quote:
Outraged Auckland charity founder filmed kicking, pushing Aussie photographer at V8 Supercars
https://au.news.yahoo.com/a/33124961...-v8-supercars/

Quote:
Charity boss kicks, pushes photographer at V8 Supercars champs at Pukekohe
http://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news...ectid=11743503
Old 8 Nov 2016, 02:00 (Ref:3686373)   #16
mayhem
Veteran

Aruba
On that Island in LOST.
Wow, can't wait for:

Quote:

Let me repeat , there is more to this.
Old 8 Nov 2016, 02:04 (Ref:3686374)   #17
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Wow, can't wait for:
Yeah i read those articles. they have added nothing (apart from auckland car clubs decision. Still havent seen any comments fromn Jarvis.

There is more to this that is currently unknown, doesn't excuse the behavior, But there is more to it.

I fail to understand why any reasonable person would think they know everything in regards to this
Old 8 Nov 2016, 02:11 (Ref:3686377)   #18
mayhem
Veteran

Aruba
On that Island in LOST.
Quote:
Yeah i read those articles. they have added nothing (apart from auckland car clubs decision. Still havent seen any comments fromn Jarvis.

There is more to this that is currently unknown, doesn't excuse the behavior, But there is more to it.

I fail to understand why any reasonable person would think they know everything in regards to this
I fail to see why someone would view the footage and somehow think that Dirk may have played some part in instigating this. Its a bit sick and twisted for mine.
Old 8 Nov 2016, 02:26 (Ref:3686381)   #19
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Calling a spade a spade...
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I fail to see why someone would view the footage and somehow think that Dirk may have played some part in instigating this. Its a bit sick and twisted for mine.
Because he was obviously a witness. Why else would someone say something without being able to produce evidence... oh wait
Old 8 Nov 2016, 03:37 (Ref:3686390)   #20
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
By his own words he has played some part in instigating this. By his language in the footage he has played some part in this.

What happened at the earlier discussion? What happened at the start of this discussion. Why did Jarvis get involved. None of that is int he footage.

Silly old blokes, lucky no one was killed

The courts and the police will want to know more be anything happens.
Old 8 Nov 2016, 08:01 (Ref:3686436)   #21
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Ted Jarvis Removed As President
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 8 Nov 2016, 08:35 (Ref:3686441)   #22
Scrut
Racer

Australia
Australia
Scrut should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Talking to a fellow official in NZ today, who said this bloke was a hot head.
Didn't see it coming in such a big way.
Old 8 Nov 2016, 08:45 (Ref:3686444)   #23
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Who is?

We're talking about two parties here.
Old 8 Nov 2016, 08:58 (Ref:3686452)   #24
Reload
Veteran

Australia
Reload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridReload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
1. Kicking someone.
2. Kicking someone from behind
3. Assaulting someone half his size as the person is walking away.
What a ****ing hero.
Old 8 Nov 2016, 09:18 (Ref:3686460)   #25
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Calling a spade a spade...
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
By his own words he has played some part in instigating this. By his language in the footage he has played some part in this.

What happened at the earlier discussion? What happened at the start of this discussion. Why did Jarvis get involved. None of that is int he footage.

Silly old blokes, lucky no one was killed

The courts and the police will want to know more be anything happens.
Instigating because he was in the right, is different to doing something unacceptable in modern society giving someone else the right to confront him. He may have been responding with language in kind as what was sent in his direction. Jarvis might have got involved as he is a friend or related to the security guard, who I assume is the ****** in the background waving his arms around like a big tough man when Jarvis is between him and Dirk.

Implying this was all because Dirk did something wrong where there is no evidence? Well...

I also have no seen no official condemnation of Dirk's behavior, but have seen plenty about Jarvis...