Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 5 Oct 2000, 17:41 (Ref:41272)   #1
Vandas
Racer

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Vandas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hey Guys anyone going to SANDOWN this weekend? Well my Uncle is the Clerk of Course there and I will (as usual) be running up and down the main grid. Only on the Sunday however as I have an exam on the Saturday. That will be me you see generally running down the grid at the start of each race. I generally do pitlane side at the Tourers but I love it because I get to chat to a few girls who are friends of mine. The Shell girls. The best part is they always invite me out after the race and they are are also the Qantas Australian Grid Girls. Just thought I would brag a little about that. hehehehe.
Old 5 Oct 2000, 17:42 (Ref:41273)   #2
Vandas
Racer

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
I should Add

That these female friends of mine are the daughters of the Touring Car Race Director Tim Schenken. Very nice girls they are too.
Old 5 Oct 2000, 21:13 (Ref:41325)   #3
fatbloke
Veteran

fatbloke should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Were you known as mackmot in an earlier incarnation ?
Old 5 Oct 2000, 22:56 (Ref:41343)   #4
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
vandas, mate, can you get some photos of the grid girls and shell chicks, look for a sharon(shell chick), she signed a motorsport news for me, but i dont know what she looks like...me brother inlaw is advertising manager at motorsport news. i dont think i can make it on sunday.....

email : gomick@revcounter.com
Old 6 Oct 2000, 00:00 (Ref:41354)   #5
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Ask Mark Jones....i know he has pictures of Sharon...
Old 6 Oct 2000, 19:07 (Ref:41497)   #6
Vandas
Racer

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
I think they are KMART now.

I think Sharron is the head Shell Girl isn't she. She is the one that looks after all the girls, and deals with the officials on what there movements are to be. As for my girls well I think because they are twins KMart have hired them from the shell girls company to be the Kmart girls. They were KMart girls at the island, so I see no reason why they wouldn't be again. Also it looks like I may not be working on the Sunday due to a work commitment tonight but I will organise a guestpass for myself and come down and see what is going on.
Old 6 Oct 2000, 23:02 (Ref:41532)   #7
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
i hope they werent the kmart girls at winton?, they seemed a bit rough around the edges....is sharon the blonde chick who seems to be at every aussie racing event whether she is shell, repsol at wsbk, aussbk etc....i think i have loved her for years.
Old 6 Oct 2000, 23:03 (Ref:41533)   #8
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
who is mark jones?
Old 7 Oct 2000, 02:51 (Ref:41561)   #9
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Jonsey is an absolute legend, he goes to the press conferances to take photos of the drivers...however, for some strange reason the females in the background are in the center of frame...

And he kept going on about this "Sharon"....i wonder why

Runs the vesrix website, and writes for MN.

Some times pops around here under the handle Falcadore.

I hope he doesn't see this, beacuse I'm certain he would have some way of shaming me out
Old 7 Oct 2000, 14:11 (Ref:41638)   #10
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...

i think i want sharon....that is if she is the shell chick i am thinking of...i'm gonna go to sandown at get her, i hope she can handle my jive!
Old 8 Oct 2000, 11:33 (Ref:41776)   #11
Vandas
Racer

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
They only did Phillip Island and GP

I saw the girls out last night, they now have my number and want me to go to Bathurst with them. But I also found out that the only work they have done this year with the Touring cars or even any motor racing was as KMART firls at Phillip Island, and Qantas Grid Girls at the Australian F1 GP.