Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > ChampCar World Series

Old 14 Sep 2005, 17:44 (Ref:1407883)   #1
macdaddy
Veteran

Canada
St.Catharines Ontario
macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!
ChampCar Garage

Quote:
I hope all of you will tune in to Speed next Monday evening, September 19, at nine o'clock eastern time to watch a prototype show called 'Champ Car Garage'. The one-hour show is a pilot for what we hope will become a regular half-hour show broadcast on a weekly basis in 2006.

hopes to produce two regular shows next year--'Champ Car Garage' and 'Redline Roundtable'.

'Champ Car Garage' will be more a magazine-style backgrounder and lifestyle show. 'Redline Roundtable' will be more of a hard-core news and opinion show featuring commentary from Robin Miller, Derek Daly, John Oreovicz and (Gordon Kirby).

Ralph Shaheen hosts 'Champ Car Garage' and next week's pilot show starts with an interview with Kevin Kalkhoven. The show then cuts to a two-seater piece with Jimmy Vasser driving Robin Miller around Denver's street circuit. The next segment is an interview with Justin Wilson and A.J. Allmendinger.

Beccy Gordon interviews PKV's chief engineer Tom Brown on the team's timing stand, asking Brown to explain what those guys do up there during practice, qualifying and the races.

Then we have a very good interview with Katherine Legge.

Next comes 'Redline Roundtable' featuring Robin Miller, Derek Daly, John Oreovicz and (Gordon Kirby). In the pilot show we talk about the new Formula Atlantic for '06.

Another regular segment follows which we call, 'Robin's Rant', featuring Mr. Miller on his own. But the first installment of this piece really isn't a rant. It's a very sober, well-considered plea for Champ Car to find a way to return to Road America, something everyone I know would love to see happen.

...some (fans) have sent me footage of their own. So we've put it all together in a forum called 'Fan Footage' and when we get a commitment to doing a full series of shows we want to solicit footage on a regular basis.
Full article here.

Man... I miss having cable TV. I wonder if Race Director will show it?
Old 14 Sep 2005, 19:27 (Ref:1407954)   #2
codename_47
Veteran

United Kingdom
Coventry/Birmingham
codename_47 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcodename_47 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by macdaddy
Full article here.

Man... I miss having cable TV. I wonder if Race Director will show it?
That's the only way I'd get to see it too....(though I've kept a permenant eye on the European Discovery and similar channels since Race Car driver started, just in case they were going to show it! )

That fan forum sounds like a good idea.....if a Fan got footage of a crash aftermath/tension between drivers or something that you don't usually get to see on TV, it'd be brilliant. A real "at the racetrack feeling" would result...
Old 15 Sep 2005, 01:27 (Ref:1408164)   #3
enemy-ace
Veteran

Canada
toronto, ontario, canada
enemy-ace should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sounds like a great format.
I'll be tuning in!
I have no real problems with NASCAR...... but Thank God!
This will be a welcome change from the Overdoses of NASCAR Nation.
A torrential afternoon practice session in Watkins Glen saw Villeneuve out-qualify everyone. By 11 seconds.Scheckter stated: "I scared myself rigid that day, I thought I had to be quickest. Then I saw Gilles's time and - I still don't really understand how it was possible. Eleven seconds !"
Old 20 Sep 2005, 00:45 (Ref:1411837)   #4
macdaddy
Veteran

Canada
St.Catharines Ontario
macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!
BUMP!

Starts in just a few minutes...

I don't get Speed - I hope that somebody fills us in about the show!
Old 20 Sep 2005, 02:23 (Ref:1411874)   #5
enemy-ace
Veteran

Canada
toronto, ontario, canada
enemy-ace should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Pretty much as described in the article. Nothing really Earth shattering. Could use some sprucing up in the production area, but overall a good jumping off point.
A torrential afternoon practice session in Watkins Glen saw Villeneuve out-qualify everyone. By 11 seconds.Scheckter stated: "I scared myself rigid that day, I thought I had to be quickest. Then I saw Gilles's time and - I still don't really understand how it was possible. Eleven seconds !"