Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 17 Sep 2003, 13:39 (Ref:721857)   #1
PaulSands
Veteran

England
Grantham
PaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Six Hours Of Spa 2003

I know this is repeated but I figured there maybe a few historic racers in here interested.
I have finished the first phase of my pages covering last weekends HSCC Six Hours of Spa meeting
http://paulsands.org/spa.htm
If you've been before make sure you hit refresh to be sure of seeing any new images.
I have four rolls of slides to be returned and will ad anything worthwhile from those in the near future
Old 17 Sep 2003, 18:41 (Ref:722192)   #2
cirrus
Rookie

cirrus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Great web pages - you have captured the flavour of one of the great undiscovered meetings of the year. Anyone with any kind of affinity with historic motorsport should put this meeting on their itinery. Atmosphere oozes out of the place, There are no crowds, there is plentiful accomodation at reasonable prices - and if you want a break from biere and frites there are some excellent restaurants nearby.

I could bore for England about how good this meeting is - but I think I've said enough.
Old 18 Sep 2003, 04:22 (Ref:722647)   #3
mickj
Racer

mickj should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Paul, Thanks for sharing the photos.With your writing of the meeting I felt as though I was there. Good stuff.The Can-Am cars would have sounded great at Spa.
Mick

Last edited by mickj; 18 Sep 2003 at 04:25.
Old 18 Sep 2003, 06:57 (Ref:722705)   #4
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
It really is a special event. Whilst I only race in a support event the whole meeting encapsulates all that is good about historic and classic motorsport.

I'm actually amazed that more commpanies don't get involved in marketing but then you'd need to advertise it heavily and then it would get crowded and then it would turn into Coys and then..................... Well we know the rest.

I met up with some nice people who, initially attracted by my car, now send me videos and articles about Gordon Spice and the Martin Brothers. (You need to look at my car to understand this).

Alain Russel who has raced an MGB for the last 30 years always makes time to look me up and share a few memories.

I hope the FIA doesn't get too picky about things. We now need to run foam filled tanks, FIA seats, fire extinguishers and Harnesses. (All good and valid points) but if their ideas of licencing for "foreign" events comes to fruition then I can see a massive reduction in entries and therefore the loss of the event.

Last edited by Peter Mallett; 18 Sep 2003 at 06:58.
Old 18 Sep 2003, 09:24 (Ref:722820)   #5
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
too true Peter . . .If it aint broke, dont fix it . . .it is the best, and most picturesque historic even there is.

great restaurants in Malmedy too . . . .as my Credit card bill keeps reminding me!