Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 9 Jul 2013, 14:16 (Ref:3275916)   #1
Muppetdave901
Racer

England
Essex, UK
Muppetdave901 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMuppetdave901 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMuppetdave901 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
'Insiders' view of Le Mans 24H

I don't intend this thread as a name-dropping exercise; but I'm sure lots of you know people involved in the race that aren't spectators (i.e. someone knows Paul Truswell etc.), I'd just be interested to hear (albeit third hand) what you pick up from them in terms of the behind-the-scenes activity and what goes in to the race from their part - from a vendor upwards really!

One of the things that strikes me each year is the level of committment from the engineers in the pits. Not taking anything away from the drivers at all, but I must admit I am in awe of the engineers and what they do.
Old 24 Jul 2013, 13:42 (Ref:3281159)   #2
Trussers
Rookie

Trussers should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTrussers should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTrussers should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Hope to be posting interview with Kyle Wilson-Clarke (race engineer on Le Mans Audi no. 2 this year) in the next week or two on dailysportscar.com
Old 24 Jul 2013, 16:22 (Ref:3281191)   #3
Muppetdave901
Racer

England
Essex, UK
Muppetdave901 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMuppetdave901 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMuppetdave901 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Thanks Trussers, I'll look forward to that
Old 24 Jul 2013, 17:37 (Ref:3281213)   #4
ss_collins
Veteran

Nigeria
Mooresville, NC
ss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
You should be in awe - they do an amazing job!
Old 24 Jul 2013, 19:30 (Ref:3281247)   #5
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Well, good to see my friend Trussers pop into this thread!

I'm lucky, I get to meet Paul a couple of times a year. normally at the Silverstone LMS/WEC (or whatever it happens to be called at the time...) and at Le Mans and James, Tony and I were fortunate to dine with him on the Friday evening prior to Le Mans this year (proof attached.... ).

We're all fans of sports car racing, Paul no less for being a commentator - and it's good to have the opportunity, particularly over a nice meal, to discuss what's happened/happening. Meeting the day before the race at Le Mans is especially good, as we get the chance to talk in depth about what happened in qualifying and how Paul sees the race panning out.

It's an advantage I'm pleased to have had now for a number of years and it's brought with it other opportunities - like visiting the old RLM vantage point up on top of the grandstand - long may it continue.

(Apologies for the rather poor iPhone pics - although they are very nearly panoramic!)
Attached Thumbnails
BT.jpg   PT.jpg  
Old 26 Jul 2013, 10:38 (Ref:3281808)   #6
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I was lucky to have this insiders view of the circuit courtesy of the guys in the second photo. This included occasional updates from team members. All realistic and tended to be on the money.

It seems like a name dropping thread to me, although omitted the name!
Attached Thumbnails
ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1374834433.638117.jpg   ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1374834482.107226.jpg