Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 31 Jul 2013, 14:49 (Ref:3284252)   #51
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I don't see the kid as the kind of driver who works to build a winner team, he's kind of more being part of it... but who knows.
Old 31 Jul 2013, 15:07 (Ref:3284261)   #52
jsTrecu
Veteran

jsTrecu should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjsTrecu should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Indeed, he is still a kid. Still too young to take such a step IMO, he is still developping as a driver and a person so maybe he should wait until he reaches his peak to chase that challenge.

He's already a triple WDC, but we often forget that he's only a 26yo young man who hasn't yet shown us the best of him as Horner always says.
And Red Bull is the perfect place for him to keep growing as they've built a great team around him to help improve not only the car, but the driver too.

He should wait until 2016, he'll be 28yo by then and a more complete and experienced driver.
Old 1 Aug 2013, 02:04 (Ref:3284463)   #53
F1Pete
Veteran

Canada
Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
F1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridF1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Alonso is not going to Redbull.

http://www.planetf1.com/driver/18227...Kimi-to-Alonso
Old 1 Aug 2013, 10:32 (Ref:3284596)   #54
littleman
Veteran

littleman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridlittleman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Adrian Newey is the one who's worth mega bucks.

The car is the star, you could probably sign a dozen different drivers to point it in the right direction.
Old 1 Aug 2013, 10:56 (Ref:3284604)   #55
henners88
Veteran

Wales
henners88 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1Pete View Post
That article doesn't state Fernando is definitely not going to Red Bull. It is just a repeat of Vettel's comments he made last weekend.

I think its a long shot to expect Alonso at Red Bull next season, but one thing is for sure, Vettel is in no position to influence the decision.
Old 1 Aug 2013, 11:32 (Ref:3284618)   #56
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by littleman View Post

The car is the star, you could probably sign a dozen different drivers to point it in the right direction.
Conveniently ignoring the fact that Vettel is the only person who has won much at RBR.
Left to someone else they would probably not even have finished runner up in the championship.
Old 1 Aug 2013, 13:20 (Ref:3284663)   #57
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by davyboy View Post
That Ferrari only pay him 20 million a year is yet more evidence of how under appreciated he is. It's bordering on abuse really
And on top of that he's still complaining about the team.
Old 1 Aug 2013, 13:40 (Ref:3284673)   #58
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The answer to the second seat at Red Bull is really quite obvious;

Massa is not doing well enough at Ferrari (many would have us believe), and the current Ferrari is not doing Felipe justice either, therefore Massa and Vettel would be a perfect combination at Red Bull. No problem with who was number 1 and a very fast and experienced driver to back him up.

Problem solved.
Old 1 Aug 2013, 13:47 (Ref:3284675)   #59
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:

If that's the case, why isn't Webber triple WDC and Vettel going to Porsche?
Old 1 Aug 2013, 14:09 (Ref:3284684)   #60
davyboy
Veteran

davyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I think Ricciardo will be signed for the second seat because it means that Red Bull only need to change the driver's name on the side of the car and not the country flag too.
Old 1 Aug 2013, 14:27 (Ref:3284687)   #61
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

That's a possibility.
Old 1 Aug 2013, 14:59 (Ref:3284696)   #62
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by davyboy View Post
I think Ricciardo will be signed for the second seat because it means that Red Bull only need to change the driver's name on the side of the car and not the country flag too.
If this article is anything to go by, it looks increasingly likely he will go to Red Bull.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/109126
Old 1 Aug 2013, 15:39 (Ref:3284711)   #63
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
yeah its looking unlikely that Alonso will be there in 2014 but much of the basis for this speculation is still there imo.

SV still is only signed for this year and has a one year contract for next year. the one year contracts seem to be a favorite of the RB team. also we dont know the length of contracts for other key team personal namely Newey (maybe its known but he has been vocal of not liking the new rules/direction of F1).

Ricciardo is a talented driver but is he capable of taking over/covering the possibility of SV leaving?

time will tell but RB are soon to be a 4 time winner and with such success expectation have a habit of getting bigger and people/their fans will wonder what their contingency plan is if they are unable or unwilling to sign their current star for anything longer then a year.
Old 1 Aug 2013, 18:29 (Ref:3284750)   #64
F1Pete
Veteran

Canada
Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
F1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridF1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by henners88 View Post
That article doesn't state Fernando is definitely not going to Red Bull. It is just a repeat of Vettel's comments he made last weekend.

I think its a long shot to expect Alonso at Red Bull next season, but one thing is for sure, Vettel is in no position to influence the decision.
I was implying that Vettel "won't allow it".
Old 2 Aug 2013, 10:46 (Ref:3284966)   #65
henners88
Veteran

Wales
henners88 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1Pete View Post
I was implying that Vettel "won't allow it".
Vettel is a driver and not high enough to decide who is hired or fired by the team. The decision on who is hired will lay at the feet of Horner and Mateschitz ultimately. I don't know how you think a driver like Vettel could 'not allow' something, especially something outside his job role?
Old 2 Aug 2013, 11:09 (Ref:3284975)   #66
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Alonso not tempted by Red Bull, thankfully.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/109135

Meanwhile: http://www.gpupdate.net/en/f1-news/2...-wrooom-event/
Old 2 Aug 2013, 13:15 (Ref:3285003)   #67
davyboy
Veteran

davyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marbot View Post
Cancelled because of a 'poor economic climate'. Well I would have thought that a 'poor economic climate' for Philip Morris means fewer people are smoking cigarettes which is a good thing surely.
Old 2 Aug 2013, 13:20 (Ref:3285006)   #68
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
It was a load of syrupy nonsense anyway.
Old 2 Aug 2013, 13:26 (Ref:3285009)   #69
Teretonga
Veteran

Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marbot View Post
Cancellation may be because of the economic situation...or not getting enough return to justify the expense...
Or because the drivers, 'stars' are changing at the end of the year and without the regular ones in place Marlboro sees no worthwhile relevant publicity gained....

Hayden is leaving Ducati, if Massa was going and Alonso going to Red Bull then its completely understandable that Marlboro would pull the pin on it...
Old 2 Aug 2013, 13:34 (Ref:3285013)   #70
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teretonga View Post
Cancellation may be because of the economic situation...or not getting enough return to justify the expense...
Or because the drivers, 'stars' are changing at the end of the year and without the regular ones in place Marlboro sees no worthwhile relevant publicity gained....

Hayden is leaving Ducati, if Massa was going and Alonso going to Red Bull then its completely understandable that Marlboro would pull the pin on it...
Uhn... I don't think so, but who knows.
Old 2 Aug 2013, 14:01 (Ref:3285020)   #71
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
I don't think that Alonso is going anywhere. Who would replace him?!

If you have either Vettel, Alonso or Hamilton in your team, then you need to hold onto them. Vettel and Alonso in particular.

I'm pretty much going with the Autosport article at this point in time.
Old 2 Aug 2013, 21:11 (Ref:3285143)   #72
Teretonga
Veteran

Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!
I don't think Alonso is going anywhere either but Marlboro cancelling the fun in the snow because of the cost....
It would have been cheaper than many other activities they sponsor but maybe the problem is just an evaluation of the return or is it becoming old hat and not an 'event' any more.....

To suggest they can't afford it is a nonsense.
Old 3 Aug 2013, 07:47 (Ref:3285293)   #73
littleman
Veteran

littleman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridlittleman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Originally Posted by littleman

For those that doubt this fact consider the following:

Mark Webber seasons 2010/11/12:
Wins: 7
Poles: 10
Podiums: 24

However,and this is the key fact, during the above seasons he finished 2nd to Vettel on 6 occasions. But for Vettel, he would have been WDC in 2010 and 2011.
Old 3 Aug 2013, 08:47 (Ref:3285307)   #74
littleman
Veteran

Observation:

Red Bull would have won World Championships with, or without, Vettel.

Conclusion:

Adrian Newey is the one who's worth mega bucks
Old 3 Aug 2013, 09:48 (Ref:3285323)   #75
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!

Quote:
Originally Posted by littleman

For those that doubt this fact consider the following:

Mark Webber seasons 2010/11/12:
Wins: 7
Poles: 10
Podiums: 24

However,and this is the key fact, during the above seasons he finished 2nd to Vettel on 6 occasions. But for Vettel, he would have been WDC in 2010 and 2011.
Not true!

Without Vettel:

Webber would have been 2010 champion

but

Button would have been 2011 champion!

Also worth noting that Vettel gave up the win at 2011 Brazilian GP to help Webber into 3rd place in the championship, otherwise he would have finished 4th.

2012 is not even worth talking about from Webber's perspective!