Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 15 Jul 2003, 14:20 (Ref:661867)   #1
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
ARP Formula 3?

Ive just been watching my first ARP Formula 3 race, on Sky Sports "World Motorsports" the commentators only said the championship is for older Formula 3 cars. Some of them yes look very old, but some of the cars at the front look very new.

Can anyone give any information on regulations with regards to when is the cut off date for the cars? is it like Euro Boss where cars are allowed to be up to 1998 in terms of their newness or is it even newer? Thanks in advance.
Old 15 Jul 2003, 14:33 (Ref:661878)   #2
DSM
Veteran

DSM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Interesting, S7R. We were at Brands hatch over the weekend where the above were racing. We didn't look that close but comments were made that some of the cars were recent and in very nice order.
Old 15 Jul 2003, 14:42 (Ref:661883)   #3
Andrew Kitson
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
5 minutes from Snetterton
Andrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The DACS ARP F3 Championship is run in two classes:
Class A - Cars built between 1st Jan 1993 - 31st Dec 2001

Class B - Cars built between 1st Jan 1985 - 31st Dec 1992.

All cars must run restricted 2 litre engines.
Old 15 Jul 2003, 14:44 (Ref:661886)   #4
woodyracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
uk
woodyracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
http://www.arpf3.co.uk for more info.
Old 15 Jul 2003, 14:50 (Ref:661891)   #5
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Thanks for the Info guys. Now I know this form of F3 isnt as good as the British F3 series. But still for national single seaters I was very impressed. Its good to see that a major tv network like sky is showing national racing as well as International.

The first hour of "world motorsports" is either DTM, Formula Nippon, FIA SCC, or Euro F3 series. Then the 2nd hour is "national motorsport" (Same programme but the name changest) and thats normally either FPA, Formula Zip or Super Coupe cup, this is the first time I belive they have shown ARP Formula 3.

The final 30 minutes of the show is normally International off road racing, I forget the names but basically the feeder series for WRC, or sometimes the British Rally Championship. All in all the programme is a very good show, anyone who has Sky Sports can recive it, its normally aired 3-6 times a week. At the end of each programme they also show u whats on next weeks show, which is useful.

Again thanks for the info on the series guys. Im gradually warming to F3 racing, as it is quite good. But its still not as good as F3000, SWS, Nippon etc in my eyes. Still none-the less F3 is very good racing.
Old 15 Jul 2003, 14:54 (Ref:661895)   #6
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
Quote:
Originally posted by woodyracing
http://www.arpf3.co.uk for more info.
Thanks for the link, judging by the photo gallery (from 2002 as it hasnt been updated since) and comparing it to what Ive just seen the 2003 grid looks quite a lot stronger than last year though. The last time photos were added to that site was 2002, since then there appears to be at least 4 new cars that have joined the series.

So really the cars are just a year older than the current Scholarship class machines. Is this series a feeder series for the main Formula 3 championship then? Would seem ideal for anyone aiming to get into the main series in a couple of years. Or is it like FPA? Where its more gentleman drivers just wanting to have some fun?
Old 15 Jul 2003, 15:29 (Ref:661921)   #7
ringo
Racer

ringo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by SALEEN S7R
Im gradually warming to F3 racing, as it is quite good. But its still not as good as F3000, SWS, Nippon etc in my eyes. Still none-the less F3 is very good racing.
holy C.R.A.P! what did you do with the real saleen????

Last edited by ringo; 15 Jul 2003 at 15:31.
Old 15 Jul 2003, 15:52 (Ref:661943)   #8
woodyracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
uk
woodyracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by SALEEN S7R
Is this series a feeder series for the main Formula 3 championship then? Would seem ideal for anyone aiming to get into the main series in a couple of years. Or is it like FPA? Where its more gentleman drivers just wanting to have some fun?
I think its just an expensive clubby series, but if you can afford ARP F3 then maybe you can move on to higher things anyway.
Didn't someone move from ARP f3 to British F3 ?
Old 15 Jul 2003, 16:01 (Ref:661954)   #9
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
Quote:
Originally posted by ringo
holy C.R.A.P! what did you do with the real saleen????
Ringo u should know by now, theres only 1 Saleen.

Last edited by SALEEN S7R; 15 Jul 2003 at 16:01.
Old 15 Jul 2003, 16:54 (Ref:661992)   #10
racingdick
Veteran

racingdick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
are you sure that class A cars are up to 2001.
Im sure that its 3 year blocks for the f3 cars, i mean

Championship Class... Carlin, Hitech etc
Cars built in 2002, run 2003 and 2004 championships.

Scholoship Class... Performance, P1, T-Sport
Cars built in 1999, run 2000 and 2001 championships.

Arp F3.... Anything built or run up to 1998.

German F3 run mostly year old cars, that wouldn't make sence.
Old 15 Jul 2003, 16:56 (Ref:661994)   #11
racingdick
Veteran

Arp f3 is getting out of reach of club racing, my cousin ran an 87 reynard for a few years nd just had to sell up as there were to many rich guys pooring money in to it..
Old 15 Jul 2003, 17:02 (Ref:662002)   #12
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
Quote:
Originally posted by racingdick
are you sure that class A cars are up to 2001.
Im sure that its 3 year blocks for the f3 cars, i mean

Championship Class... Carlin, Hitech etc
Cars built in 2002, run 2003 and 2004 championships.

Scholoship Class... Performance, P1, T-Sport
Cars built in 1999, run 2000 and 2001 championships.

Arp F3.... Anything built or run up to 1998.

German F3 run mostly year old cars, that wouldn't make sence.
Racingdick, Andrew is correct.

Here is a extract from www.arp3.co.uk

ARP Formula 3 originated 12 years ago with the sole intention of providing serious competitors with the opportunity to own and race proper F3 cars. The championship is open to any Formula 3 car constructed between January 1985 and December 2001. There are two championships running on one grid, Class A and the Masters Class.

Class A is for cars built after the 1st January 1993 up to 2001 (Fixed until end of 2004) .

Masters Class is for cars built after the 1st January 1985 up to 1992.

The championship operates a handicapping system, which has been derived from experience. This system provides competitors with an equal opportunity to compete on a level playing field.

The winner with the highest score throughout the season will be awarded the overall championship. This could be a Masters or A class car, with a separate award for the Masters champion.

This season fitness and car preparation will continue to be a significant feature, as each of the 12 championship races and qualification periods will be of 25 Minutes duration. It is not a championship for the faint hearted!

ARP F3 continues to retain its original promise of fast clean racing, whilst monitoring and controlling undue cost escalations.

ENDS:/

If u visit the regulations section on the first page that u see scroll down and u get to the text which I have inserted. There is clearly states the regulations.
Old 15 Jul 2003, 17:47 (Ref:662041)   #13
racingdick
Veteran

mmm thats completely opposite to what i was told by a leading f3 team... Doh!!

I hold my white flag up to say sorry..
Old 16 Jul 2003, 00:48 (Ref:662403)   #14
O'Schumacher
Racer

United Kingdom
Bedfordshire, England
O'Schumacher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
woodyracing,

Yes, someone did move on from ARP to proper F3. His name, 2001 Champion, Luke Stevens. His Hill Speed Racing team did the final 2 races of the 2002 F3 Scholarship class. I think he bagged a couple of 5th places (in a class of 10 or so). He wanted to do FRenault this year, but didnt have the money.

Also, isnt Ricardo Teixera (may have spelt it wrong) doing the championship, with the intention of graduating next year. The 19-20 yr old Portuguese did a single scholarship F3 race with I think Performance Racing or Essencial Motorsport (It was at Croft anyway, the time when race 2 was scrapped coz the rain was too heavy).
Old 16 Jul 2003, 07:51 (Ref:662551)   #15
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
racingdick, i think i know why you got confused. wasn't there a recent rule brought in that froze the production of new f3 chassis? when was that brought in?
Old 16 Jul 2003, 07:58 (Ref:662553)   #16
racingdick
Veteran

im sure that was a number of years ago..

production is in 3years cycles where the manufacturer can only introduce updates. NExt new cars will come in 2005.
With the 2002 car and 2003-2004 updates allowed for scholoship!
Old 16 Jul 2003, 08:00 (Ref:662554)   #17
racingdick
Veteran

though its ok to be able to run a 1999 car with the update kit up to 2001 in ARP F3.. who in club motorsport has the finance and or skills to run the f3 car?
Old 16 Jul 2003, 08:17 (Ref:662573)   #18
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
anybody. you've not got the expensive bit there, ie the constant engine development and mapping changes. skills wise, hell, it's only a race car. this is obviously quite a serious series...
Old 16 Jul 2003, 08:20 (Ref:662576)   #19
racingdick
Veteran

thats why my cousin sold up and went over to race a radical!