Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 7 Oct 2007, 20:25 (Ref:2034301)   #1
Aunt Sally
Veteran

Aunt Sally should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
TouringCarTimes

Regulars that visit Touring Car Times may have noticed a change recently.

Well done to J.Miessner for the new look. Initial inspection it looks great, but I have noticed a couple of regulars have disappeared. Anyway keep up the good work guys...
http://www.touringcartimes.com/
Old 7 Oct 2007, 21:23 (Ref:2034365)   #2
tin-top fan
Rookie

England
tin-top fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's looking pretty good

Have to ask whats up with the flags on the site though- all the english drivers and circuits have British flags, whereas the scottish circuits and drivers have socttish flags!
Old 7 Oct 2007, 21:37 (Ref:2034380)   #3
Ellmau
Racer

Ellmau should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aunt Sally
... but I have noticed a couple of regulars have disappeared.
Which regulars do you mean?
Old 7 Oct 2007, 21:39 (Ref:2034383)   #4
Ellmau
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tin-top fan
It's looking pretty good

Have to ask whats up with the flags on the site though- all the english drivers and circuits have British flags, whereas the scottish circuits and drivers have socttish flags!
Sorry, didn't have the time yet for the Welsh and Northern Irish flag Will come later on though, as well as the English flag instead of the Union Jack
Old 7 Oct 2007, 21:53 (Ref:2034411)   #5
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Good stuff as ever. Just needs an RRS feed though.
Old 8 Oct 2007, 15:53 (Ref:2035036)   #6
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Quality updating. I love all those circular tracks! :P Loving the new look, definitely.
Old 8 Oct 2007, 15:58 (Ref:2035041)   #7
Ellmau
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt
Quality updating. I love all those circular tracks! :P Loving the new look, definitely.
There's no Tilke in that
Old 11 Oct 2007, 22:56 (Ref:2038102)   #8
Koulle
Racer

United Kingdom
Koulle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It is a great site and I love the new look.

Great job to all involved.
Old 12 Oct 2007, 00:31 (Ref:2038147)   #9
Subaru_WRX_STi
Veteran

Tunisia
Ariana, Tunisia
Subaru_WRX_STi has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
the new version is very cool, but until now, half of the circuits are without maps, many drivers too, are witout photos and careers ! hoping that it will be updated very soon
Old 12 Oct 2007, 07:07 (Ref:2038266)   #10
JMeissner
Subscriber
Veteran

Sweden
Sweden
JMeissner should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJMeissner should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Thanks for the kind words, and yes, we are working on the maps and drivers. They'll be up soon!
Old 12 Oct 2007, 07:51 (Ref:2038284)   #11
Subaru_WRX_STi
Veteran

Tunisia
Ariana, Tunisia
Subaru_WRX_STi has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I whish also that touringcartimes, will cover the Speed World Challenge, lol there are some good touring car races too !
Old 12 Oct 2007, 11:57 (Ref:2038458)   #12
PorscheFanNo1
Veteran

Sweden
Winner's Circle
PorscheFanNo1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPorscheFanNo1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Subaru_WRX_STi
I whish also that touringcartimes, will cover the Speed World Challenge, lol there are some good touring car races too !
I've always been hoping for more V8 Supercars, but I guess its hard to cover something taht is halfway around the world.

The site looks better then ever!

And I hope you'll enjoy your tripp to England (I guess you're going?).
Old 12 Oct 2007, 22:58 (Ref:2038899)   #13
Alex K
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
Alex K has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Well AFAIK Meissner built that website in 1996, I don't know how old he is now, but he looked to me to be 25ish, met him at Karlskoga or Knutstorp. If he is 25ish now he was in his teen age when he first wrote it. I first time logged in on the site in 1999, and seans thatn admire it.

Spoke to him, his TC knowledge is great, maybe because he works for Flash Engineering, but still, I found out he is passionate. So good luck to all of you at TCT.
Old 15 Oct 2007, 17:15 (Ref:2040908)   #14
keme
Rookie

Sweden
Sweden
keme should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It is a great site and and the new look is very good.
Old 15 Oct 2007, 20:40 (Ref:2041101)   #15
PDS
Veteran

England
Medway Towns
PDS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex K
Well AFAIK Meissner built that website in 1996, I don't know how old he is now, but he looked to me to be 25ish, met him at Karlskoga or Knutstorp. If he is 25ish now he was in his teen age when he first wrote it. I first time logged in on the site in 1999, and seans thatn admire it.
Johan was only 12 years old when he started TcT. A real touring car enthusiast and all round good guy..

I'm proud to call him a friend!
Old 23 Oct 2007, 19:02 (Ref:2049499)   #16
btcckid
Racer

United Kingdom
england
btcckid should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i subscribed to a newsletter- is this the touring car times????
Old 23 Oct 2007, 19:27 (Ref:2049528)   #17
JMeissner
Subscriber
Veteran

Sweden
Sweden
JMeissner should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJMeissner should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Nice to see that the column is getting some reactions

But first of all - TenTenths is not TouringCarTimes. But this is a touring car forum and you are all free to discuss topics on touring car racing from which ever site the subject comes from.
Old 27 Oct 2007, 11:52 (Ref:2052601)   #18
Hazard
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I've split the discussion on Flash's article into it's own thread here
Old 19 Dec 2007, 17:55 (Ref:2092113)   #19
PorscheFanNo1
Veteran

Sweden
Winner's Circle
PorscheFanNo1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPorscheFanNo1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
New column up from a familiar face around here.

It brings up some very interesting thoughs indeed. Would BTCC be better off without live coverage, and race highlights instead? Would mean more freedom in what weekends they are run, and that would mean more cars in the feild from other series.
Old 19 Dec 2007, 20:01 (Ref:2092194)   #20
duke_toaster
Veteran

European Union
Englandland
duke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridduke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I don't think any date changes are needed. What they coiuld do for TV though is hold the races earlier of later. Let's say an F1 race starts at noon. So there 11pm-2:30 pm is taken up by F1.

Surely race 1 could take place before the F1, show race 2 on a tape delay (have it during the F1) before race 3 and have race 3 starting at four or something? Or just have that sort of think taking place.

That wouldn't particularly matter as they only take race three live on ITV1, they take race two live on ITV4 and show race one on a tape delay before that. Of course, the pay-though-your-nose-per-view channel shows live races, but Sultana can be ****ed off (they don't always show it) but ITV can't.
Old 19 Dec 2007, 20:26 (Ref:2092210)   #21
davyboy
Veteran

davyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I'm not sure if you read Murray Walker's book, but he was quite opinionated about live coverage of BTCC. He felt that the edited highlights managed to condense the action into a more exciting format. As an ardent enthusiast of course I much prefer to see the whole lot live, but in terms of broad entertainment appeal to the viewing audience at large, I can certainly see where he's coming from.

Maybe ITV should consider condensing everything into a one hour highlights programme to be shown the evening of the race on ITV4. That way it wouldn't interfere with any GPs... and all we [the anoraks] would need to do is keep clear of the web on a Sunday or record the Motors TV coverage where everything would be live.
Old 19 Dec 2007, 20:38 (Ref:2092217)   #22
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by davyboy
I'm not sure if you read Murray Walker's book, but he was quite opinionated about live coverage of BTCC. He felt that the edited highlights managed to condense the action into a more exciting format. As an ardent enthusiast of course I much prefer to see the whole lot live, but in terms of broad entertainment appeal to the viewing audience at large, I can certainly see where he's coming from.

Maybe ITV should consider condensing everything into a one hour highlights programme to be shown the evening of the race on ITV4. That way it wouldn't interfere with any GPs... and all we [the anoraks] would need to do is keep clear of the web on a Sunday or record the Motors TV coverage where everything would be live.
Good idea for F1...Oh wait, it will result in a 1 minute highlights programme
Old 19 Dec 2007, 20:42 (Ref:2092223)   #23
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
It's not on Motors TV nowadays.

I have to say that whilst I enjoy seeing the majority of the races live nowadays, the highlights programmes that were shown were never short of action. However that's not the point of the article I believe.

Is ITV unwilling to broadcast both F1 then the BTCC back to back ? It's been done before I think and would be a slight solution but perhaps they prefer to limit the amount of motorsport and appeal to a wider audience on Sunday afternoons.
Old 19 Dec 2007, 20:44 (Ref:2092225)   #24
duke_toaster
Veteran

European Union
Englandland
duke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridduke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
F1 and BTCC back to back would mean someone other than Louise Goodman and Edward Kravitz fronting it ... or putting a green screen up in where ever F1 is.
Old 19 Dec 2007, 20:45 (Ref:2092227)   #25
davyboy
Veteran

davyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE
Good idea for F1...Oh wait, it will result in a 1 minute highlights programme
The best format for F1 would be the People's Court with no on-track coverage at all. Two teams would face off each week with Max as presiding judge and Mr. Blobby as his technical advisor.