Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 8 Jul 2013, 20:27 (Ref:3275565)   #276
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
TR is a 20 second crawl towards the track and you are thinking of putting your friends in a hotel? Some friend you are!

Well, each to their own of course, but I think most people have camped in their live before, so just ask your friends what they prefer! TR opens sunday morning, so half of your reasoning is invalid at the moment. Less excuse to go namby pamby
Old 8 Jul 2013, 20:28 (Ref:3275566)   #277
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by vincegail View Post
Campsites open sunday morning 10 o'clock, so no need to go namby pamby?
Well, apart from Arnage and Mulsanne that is. They open wednesday afternoon.
Old 8 Jul 2013, 20:44 (Ref:3275573)   #278
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
whitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
2014 you won't need a tent, it's going to be sunny all the way
when travelling with friends it should be easy to bring all of the camping equipment, and there is always the Decathlon store in walking distance. Give your friends the ULTIMATE LM experience, go camping.
Old 9 Jul 2013, 10:17 (Ref:3275799)   #279
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Victor, after one stay in TR you should already know half the camp so as long as you have tents and chairs(purchase down there) you will be able to survive and as more people arrive you will be able to much in with them, we will be there Wednesday as usual but there is a chance we might go down earlier next year
Old 9 Jul 2013, 11:25 (Ref:3275838)   #280
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
In that case, it's a matter of persuading a few people to stay under canvas for a whole week somewhere in the middle of France.
Old 10 Jul 2013, 10:35 (Ref:3276253)   #281
kpkorsager
Racer

Denmark
Vojens
kpkorsager has a real shot at the podium!kpkorsager has a real shot at the podium!kpkorsager has a real shot at the podium!kpkorsager has a real shot at the podium!kpkorsager has a real shot at the podium!
Or rent a mobilehome. and go camping in that one.
Old 10 Jul 2013, 10:39 (Ref:3276254)   #282
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
TR is a 20 second crawl towards the track and you are thinking of putting your friends in a hotel? Some friend you are!

Well, each to their own of course, but I think most people have camped in their live before, so just ask your friends what they prefer! TR opens sunday morning, so half of your reasoning is invalid at the moment. Less excuse to go namby pamby
What do I prefer? Namby-pamby. I'd never go back to a tent!
Old 10 Jul 2013, 11:01 (Ref:3276263)   #283
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
can i just say the highlight of this entire conversation is that a romanian is using the phrase "namby-pamby"

(they need to camp. otherwise they won't Get It)
Old 10 Jul 2013, 11:08 (Ref:3276269)   #284
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
can i just say the highlight of this entire conversation is that a romanian is using the phrase "namby-pamby"

(they need to camp. otherwise they won't Get It)
Awesome... Spend a while around Brits and you learn to swear like them.
Old 10 Jul 2013, 11:10 (Ref:3276271)   #285
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
Just looked up the definition of 'Namby-Pamby'.
1: lacking in character or substance : insipid
2: weak, indecisive

I don't think this covers your decision to spend your week in a hotel at all.
It's not lacking in character or indecisive, but another sort of character and another decision.
Old 10 Jul 2013, 11:13 (Ref:3276273)   #286
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_RO View Post
Awesome... Spend a while around Brits and you learn to swear like them.
if you've learnt how to swear then i assume they've taught you the 300 different words we have for rain as well
Old 10 Jul 2013, 11:14 (Ref:3276274)   #287
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
At least give the camping option a try once is my advice. See if you like it and then just evolve your trip each time you go.
Old 11 Jul 2013, 18:19 (Ref:3276707)   #288
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Just looked up the definition of 'Namby-Pamby'.
1: lacking in character or substance : insipid
2: weak, indecisive

I don't think this covers your decision to spend your week in a hotel at all.
It's not lacking in character or indecisive, but another sort of character and another decision.
Thank you!

It's all down to choices. My decision each year to stay up all night I hope demonstrates that my approach to Le Mans isn't entirely 'namby-pamby'..... Personally I consider the phrase most apt for anyone who sleeps during the race at night......
Old 12 Jul 2013, 07:41 (Ref:3276901)   #289
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Thank you!

It's all down to choices. My decision each year to stay up all night I hope demonstrates that my approach to Le Mans isn't entirely 'namby-pamby'..... Personally I consider the phrase most apt for anyone who sleeps during the race at night......
What about those who sleep in a tent AND stays up all night?
Old 12 Jul 2013, 08:26 (Ref:3276916)   #290
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
The hardcore elite

...who don't smell quite as fresh as the others.
Old 12 Jul 2013, 09:43 (Ref:3276936)   #291
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Yes, I concede that requires a special degree of determination!
Old 12 Jul 2013, 09:56 (Ref:3276938)   #292
Muppetdave901
Racer

England
Essex, UK
Muppetdave901 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMuppetdave901 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMuppetdave901 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Only managed that the first and second years, and again a couple of years ago with an hours shuteye in the car. Different strokes for different folks, but so long as I see a good chunk of night racing (especially at Arnage and/or Mulsanne). So long as I can get Radio Le Mans promptly in the morning to catch up I'm quite happy to head back to our campsite have a few hours sleep and a nice breakfast and then head back in
Old 12 Jul 2013, 09:56 (Ref:3276939)   #293
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Being the one of only three left on the forest Esses banking with the rain coming down and no water proof clothing? Howzat?

This is a good game, everyone trying to out-man each other. Should pass a bit of time....
Old 12 Jul 2013, 21:55 (Ref:3277155)   #294
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
We drank gin and tonics there this year.

Er.
Old 12 Jul 2013, 22:53 (Ref:3277178)   #295
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
I supposedly drank a few 'dutch courages' and some 'canady dry' (which was dutch rocket fuel in disguise ) and a few pinot a charentes etc.
After that, it went all downhill!
Old 12 Jul 2013, 22:59 (Ref:3277181)   #296
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
The banking is quite steep by the esses.
Old 13 Jul 2013, 18:05 (Ref:3277364)   #297
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
whitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Total respect.
Old 13 Jul 2013, 19:12 (Ref:3277375)   #298
kpkorsager
Racer

Denmark
Vojens
kpkorsager has a real shot at the podium!kpkorsager has a real shot at the podium!kpkorsager has a real shot at the podium!kpkorsager has a real shot at the podium!kpkorsager has a real shot at the podium!
Must stay up all Night because it is to cold/wet to sleeping in a tent.

This year was good to us that just must sleep in a tent
Old 20 Jul 2013, 05:30 (Ref:3279589)   #299
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Well my tent/sleeping bag provides warm/dry sleeping seconds from the race track so i am sleeping while others watch the stream of cars follow the pace car round and round and round and round makes me sleepy just thinking about it
Old 20 Jul 2013, 19:53 (Ref:3279791)   #300
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Not all the time Simon......