Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: trackrooms.co.uk Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Trackside

Old 2 Oct 2017, 20:30 (Ref:3771362)   #176
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Half day here to get paperwork done and inspections reassigned. Been slowly the truck and going over the list again and again. Pasta salad to make and I'm ready to head out early tomorrow and stake our claim. Think it's going to be a tough wide claim but the neighbors are in line already and will defend our space until I'm there

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk
Old 2 Oct 2017, 21:04 (Ref:3771369)   #177
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
Half day here to get paperwork done and inspections reassigned. Been slowly the truck and going over the list again and again. Pasta salad to make and I'm ready to head out early tomorrow and stake our claim. Think it's going to be a tough wide claim but the neighbors are in line already and will defend our space until I'm there

Nice! We appreciate your work!
Old 3 Oct 2017, 00:13 (Ref:3771402)   #178
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post
I've been toiling away with race preparations this weekend, which will continue tomorrow. For the first time in my life I have taken a full week off!
Nice. Figured the radio silence meant you were neck deep into prep. I appreciate your efforts, too.

Quote:

I appreciate you being big and wide, pal. Means a lot to have that spot.

I'm bringing Christmas lights and an extra Coleman 2 burner.

Last edited by fieldodreams79; 3 Oct 2017 at 00:29.
Old 3 Oct 2017, 00:16 (Ref:3771403)   #179
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottypinthemix View Post
I've officially got the 'itis' pretty bad.
I'll be at work physically on Monday and Tuesday. That's the most I can say.
Same here, cept I'm working a half day on Weds. I'll try to stop by when we're over in 10 a/b. I'll be a jolly fat guy with a large graying beard carrying a beer. I just described half of Athens GA.
Old 3 Oct 2017, 13:57 (Ref:3771508)   #180
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
And now we dance

And all that I see is my kingdom

Old 3 Oct 2017, 13:59 (Ref:3771511)   #181
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
And now we dance

You rock!

And I'm going to have a really hard time working today....
Old 3 Oct 2017, 15:50 (Ref:3771532)   #182
scottypinthemix
Racer

United States
atlanta
scottypinthemix should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Current Situation

Old 3 Oct 2017, 17:04 (Ref:3771554)   #183
ATLFalconsFAN
Veteran

United States
Stockton, CA
ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!
For anyone planning to get there on Saturday morning, Michelin will be at Lanier Speedway checking tires coming in. A limited number of cars on Michelin tires will be given free parking passes and a spot on spectator hill, along with a unique hospitality tent featuring non-alcholic beverages and light snacks. Just something to consider if you're not showing up until Saturday.

I'm planning on being there Friday and Saturday.
Old 3 Oct 2017, 17:43 (Ref:3771559)   #184
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
And now we dance

Attaboy!

EDIT: is that a permanent bldg?

Last edited by fieldodreams79; 3 Oct 2017 at 17:54.
Old 3 Oct 2017, 18:02 (Ref:3771563)   #185
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
Attaboy!

EDIT: is that a permanent bldg?
Are any buildings really permanent? #deepthoughts

And it looks like the old Porsche or Audi buildings they have been throwing up on the hill.
Old 3 Oct 2017, 19:13 (Ref:3771570)   #186
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
It's up and was moving

Old 3 Oct 2017, 19:25 (Ref:3771572)   #187
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
It's up and was moving

Nice! How many times you been on?
Old 3 Oct 2017, 19:29 (Ref:3771575)   #188
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
It's up and was moving

Yup, that's a Georgia Ferris Wheel alright. Folded out from a truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
Are any buildings really permanent? #deepthoughts
Thanks, Jack Handy.

Quote:
And it looks like the old Porsche or Audi buildings they have been throwing up on the hill.
It's further up the hill now. Not sure why they chose that spot but it's at least not blocking any views...
Old 3 Oct 2017, 19:33 (Ref:3771576)   #189
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Nice! How many times you been on?
My guess? None. They don't have enough people to counter balance

Old 3 Oct 2017, 20:01 (Ref:3771581)   #190
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Yeah, watching it unfold and go up was scary to say the least.

The AMG house is inside the parking area on the other side of the track access road, I haven't been up to see how much they've blocked off of the walk to turn 1 yet.

So far it looks like Road Atlanta has been surprised there is an event this week. No testing action on track this year sadly. And looks like near constant track maintenance and installation of new signage.

Is this Fox sign an all one new or just a new sponsor?

Old 3 Oct 2017, 20:02 (Ref:3771582)   #191
broadrun96
Veteran

United States

Old 3 Oct 2017, 20:30 (Ref:3771586)   #192
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:

Sadly that used to be a Mazda sign....
Old 3 Oct 2017, 20:36 (Ref:3771588)   #193
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
You know how the saying goes, more Mazdas don't race any given weekend than any other. Oh wait, is it more Mazdas burn on any given weekend, I forget.

Old 3 Oct 2017, 20:39 (Ref:3771589)   #194
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
I'm not saying anything.....
Attached Thumbnails
Capture.JPG  
Old 3 Oct 2017, 20:52 (Ref:3771593)   #195
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Sadly that used to be a Mazda sign....
Quote:

Jets.com last year and just a horribly placed sign when standing on the hill. Gotta stand right next to it!
Old 3 Oct 2017, 20:52 (Ref:3771596)   #196
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
I'm not saying anything.....
Me niether:

Old 3 Oct 2017, 21:22 (Ref:3771600)   #197
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Jets.com last year and just a horribly placed sign when standing on the hill. Gotta stand right next to it!
This didn't upload or attached or something the first time.
Old 3 Oct 2017, 21:48 (Ref:3771610)   #198
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
This didn't upload or attached or something the first time.
Yeah, it was Mazda in 2015.
Old 3 Oct 2017, 21:49 (Ref:3771613)   #199
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Me niether:

I'll let Lumbergh take it from here

Old 3 Oct 2017, 21:51 (Ref:3771614)   #200
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Yeah, it was Mazda in 2015.
Sho was. That's your wet hand.

I tried to suppress memories from that year.