Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 19 Feb 2004, 05:29 (Ref:879006)   #1
XJR14/WSC95
Racer

XJR14/WSC95 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ferrari F2004 Changes

I have been keeping a close eye on all the testing that has been going on an I am yet to read about any changes to the F2004. At the cars unveiling there was much talk of the car looking substantially different come the Melbourne GP. Has anybody seen or heard of any changes??
Old 19 Feb 2004, 07:11 (Ref:879043)   #2
Gt_R
Veteran

Gt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
No matter how "different" Ferrari claim their car can be, it's not going to be as different as we would like. Afterall, the main body of the car is already pretty much fixed, and only aero parts would change.

And looking at their cars in testing, it seems unlikely they will differ too much from now. What's the point in testing aero settings and parts, then start afresh with new parts at Melbourne?

There is talk that BS is now producing 2 profiles of tyres, one which is the rounded type, the other more broader ala Michelin. Strange really that they haven't settle on one solution, because from what we know from interviews with engineers, both type of tyres require quite different aero and suspensions to optimise the use.

Ferrari seem to be caught in a struggle with the tyres lately. Aero wise, the F2004 is still one of the best on the grid, if not the best as in 02/03, but their tyres is a big concern because its one area where chunks of time are lost.

And quite curiously, RB had so far outshone dear MS in testing so far.
Old 19 Feb 2004, 08:47 (Ref:879083)   #3
grumpy1
Veteran

grumpy1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bridgestone have finally realised that to keep teams other than Ferrari they have to cater to their needs as well hence the two profiles mentioned.Ferrari will use the narrow tyre and Sauber Jordon and Minardi will use the wider tyre.

The Grumpy1
Old 19 Feb 2004, 08:58 (Ref:879094)   #4
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Welcome to ten-tenths XJR14/WSC95 and great name BTW. I don't know if you have been there, but why not check out our Sportscar forum too.

Back to the topic. I think Ferrari have changed the wings since the launch.

Gt_R, I didn't know about the potential two different profiles for the tyres. This does surprise me too. If it turns out that they will use the Michelin type profile this will signify a change from their previous design philosophy.

Ferrari's testing can make it a little difficult for an outsider to guess what is going on as a lot of the testing is away from the public and other teams. They also quite often test at more than one track at once.
Old 19 Feb 2004, 18:37 (Ref:879593)   #5
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The car is starting to look quite different now at the rear end. The winglets have changed shape slightly and the exhaust covers are bare carbon and shallower. Also the engine cover has a slightly less abruptl ending.
Old 20 Feb 2004, 13:44 (Ref:880434)   #6
Redblurr
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redblurr should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The engine is supposed to have the performance that BMW V10 had in qually on Fridays 2003 for the whole weekend.
Old 20 Feb 2004, 13:55 (Ref:880443)   #7
Redblurr
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redblurr should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Also the engine "notes" sound very different from last year's engine