Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 24 Sep 2013, 22:13 (Ref:3308945)   #1
Paulaweybridge
Veteran

United Kingdom
Paulaweybridge should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPaulaweybridge should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The future of Ross Brawn !!

I am taking this discussion from a car forum that I am a member of but brought it over here as there are so many more motorsport enthusiasts present.

The original poster said:

Mercedes have been "edging him out" for the past season. Rumour has him buying into Williams .....but what if this is all a smokescreen. On Sunday Jenson Button was all "secretive smiles" about his next season with McLaren....with Honda engines in 2014 McLarens, it would be logical to build the winning team of Button/Brawn/Honda.

McLaren certainly need to up their game.

Last edited by Paulaweybridge; 24 Sep 2013 at 22:22.
Old 24 Sep 2013, 22:46 (Ref:3308972)   #2
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
McLaren will run Mercedes engines in 2014 ...
Old 24 Sep 2013, 22:51 (Ref:3308974)   #3
Paulaweybridge
Veteran

United Kingdom
Paulaweybridge should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPaulaweybridge should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Whoops. Should have checked my facts ....

It's 2015, I gather.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremySmith View Post
McLaren will run Mercedes engines in 2014 ...
Old 24 Sep 2013, 22:56 (Ref:3308978)   #4
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulaweybridge View Post
Whoops. Should have checked my facts ....

It's 2015, I gather.
I can't wait, Honda and McLaren Just feel right to me ..Ross Brawn is a superb talent as we know ...
Old 24 Sep 2013, 23:04 (Ref:3308980)   #5
Paulaweybridge
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hi Jeremy,

Hope you are well ...

I agree, you never know it might happen.

Quote:
I can't wait, Honda and McLaren Just feel right to me ..Ross Brawn is a superb talent as we know ...
Old 24 Sep 2013, 23:20 (Ref:3308983)   #6
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
I am good thank you ...

I think Ross Brawn will retire after Mercedes, but then I don't base that on any insider knowledge..
Old 25 Sep 2013, 12:53 (Ref:3309199)   #7
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
Button/Brawn/Honda were hardly successful last time. It was only once the Honda engines were ditched for Mercedes power that they won the championship.
Old 25 Sep 2013, 13:37 (Ref:3309215)   #8
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
History repeats itself...
Old 25 Sep 2013, 14:02 (Ref:3309225)   #9
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
what position would Brawn take at Mclaren?

i like the idea of going to/buying into Williams though.

Button going back to Williams would also have a nice symmetry to it. same for Brawn as well.
Old 25 Sep 2013, 14:05 (Ref:3309226)   #10
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
The problem with Ross Brawn going to Williams is where he'd fit in alongside Sir Frank, Claire and Pat Symonds, and none of the rumours has really explained that.
Old 25 Sep 2013, 14:37 (Ref:3309239)   #11
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
good point.
Old 25 Sep 2013, 14:43 (Ref:3309240)   #12
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
I can't wait, Honda and McLaren Just feel right to me....
I agree. All we need is that beautiful red and white back again.......
Old 25 Sep 2013, 22:06 (Ref:3309378)   #13
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
A man after my own heart, that would look so cool wouldn't it mate. back then they were just gorgeous looking cars

Off topic sorry ...
Old 25 Sep 2013, 23:43 (Ref:3309404)   #14
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
Also O/T, but I'd be quite happy if they went with orange.
Old 26 Sep 2013, 00:19 (Ref:3309412)   #15
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Yeah bring back the tobacco companies, their money and glitz has been sorely missed!