Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 20 May 2003, 13:07 (Ref:604679)   #1
marz
Rookie

marz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
jenson button

Jenson buttons is doing so well at the moment. i think he did extremly well in austria on sunday
he seems to have improved other last couple of years. i feel who will soon be able to compete in the big time with coulthard and schumacher
Old 20 May 2003, 13:11 (Ref:604687)   #2
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Welcome to ten-tenths marz.

There are loads of Jenson fans around here and the Jensen/Jacques debate rages pretty much constently. All good humoured of course.

It seems that the BAR is a pretty quick car this year and Button is getting some good results in when the BAR gets to the end (unlike Villeneuves!). It could be a very good year for him...
Old 20 May 2003, 13:16 (Ref:604692)   #3
marz
Rookie

marz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
yep his a really good driver and needs all the backing he can get. he has a great career ahead of him
Old 20 May 2003, 13:27 (Ref:604704)   #4
perminder
Racer

United Kingdom
in my house
perminder should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by marz
yep his a really good driver and needs all the backing he can get. he has a great career ahead of him
yep certainly welcome marz

jenson doesnt need the disrespect of anyone especially villenuve. Villeneuve may have experience but that doesnt mean anthin unless you can produce results on the day.

Montoya is another unlucky driver. It is typical of the bmw engine to fail just when he is in the lead.

Alono : the future is looking bright already
i also think we need to re instate Eddie Irvine in some area of Formula One, preferably commentating in James Allen's place!!!!!!!!!!
We can then have more driver fights in the pits!!!!!
Maybe w can have him as pit reporter
Old 20 May 2003, 13:31 (Ref:604717)   #5
Raven
Veteran

England
Raven should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I've been impressed with Jenson this year too. I was at the start of last year as well, although less so as the season wore on. Lets see if he can keep it up this year.
Old 20 May 2003, 13:52 (Ref:604763)   #6
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Yeah, I don't like Jacques mind games, so Jenson is doing good this season and JV would swallow it.
Old 20 May 2003, 14:04 (Ref:604775)   #7
Thorstone
Veteran

Thorstone should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes he has been good,what do bigmouth Jacques say now?
Old 20 May 2003, 21:28 (Ref:605322)   #8
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by Raven
I've been impressed with Jenson this year too. I was at the start of last year as well, although less so as the season wore on. Lets see if he can keep it up this year.
That was proberbly more to do with Renault not retaining Jensons services for this year than his driving.
Old 20 May 2003, 22:53 (Ref:605405)   #9
Amaroo Park
Veteran

Australia
New South Wales
Amaroo Park should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Button is doing really well, maybe next year they could find him a team mate that is more of a team player
Old 21 May 2003, 04:03 (Ref:605533)   #10
neilap
Veteran

Jamaica
neilap should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I am still not sure about Button. He had a fairly lonely race in Austria. JV was having more of a scorcher. So far there are two races that Button threw away points and in Brazil a possible win!! He was in-front of KR and GF when he spun, and he did not need to pit again. He seems steady but under pressure I am not sure that he does not crack. I hope he improves throughout the season and that JV can really get a chance to show where he is compared to Button. JV will be the best measuring stick. So far we have not really gotten the chance.
Old 21 May 2003, 06:35 (Ref:605586)   #11
*formula3*
Veteran

Germany
*formula3* should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Thorstone
Yes he has been good,what do bigmouth Jacques say now?
i wonder what he´ll do .didn´t he say something about not belonging to f1 if button beats hiM?
Old 21 May 2003, 07:55 (Ref:605615)   #12
Hugh Jarce
Veteran

Hugh Jarce should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHugh Jarce should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHugh Jarce should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I think Jenson is great. A real talent on the track but I also like his attitude, unlike certain others (I won't mention for fear of inflaming issues).

He has a great manner when interviewed - comes over as a decent, level-headed bloke who you could honestly go out and have a drink with, without getting the all the 'naff F1 celebrity' stuff.

If you know what I mean.

By the way - if you fancy a beer Jenson - PM me and I'll check if my diary is clear.
Old 21 May 2003, 09:00 (Ref:605671)   #13
Smokey 6 litre
Veteran

England
The Total Perspective Vortex
Smokey 6 litre should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Bononi
Yeah, I don't like Jacques mind games.
To me Jacques mind games show that his is worried about Jenson, if he had no regard for his talents as he says he does he wouldn't even bother.
im glad Jenson is doing well, i want ALL UK drivers to do well.
Old 21 May 2003, 09:09 (Ref:605680)   #14
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by AdamAshmore
All good humoured of course.

Rrrright...
Old 21 May 2003, 11:50 (Ref:605794)   #15
Miss Hardt
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade, Serbia
Miss Hardt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Smokey 6 litre

im glad Jenson is doing well, i want ALL UK drivers to do well.
I think it's time for F1 to accept drivers from the other places. You are too patriotic.
Old 21 May 2003, 13:09 (Ref:605864)   #16
garagegirl
Racer

garagegirl should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
all the same its good to see jenson getting some good results in. im not ashamed to say that jenson is my fav driver, just that i seem to be such a curse to ALL drivers
Old 21 May 2003, 13:38 (Ref:605897)   #17
paddywic
Rookie

paddywic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Jenson drives well, granted, but he needs a bit less of the attempted humorous quips when being interviewed. He just comes accross as a ****. He's trying to be like Irvine I think.
He's yet to be spectacular, he's about the same level as DC in terms of ability, (not saying mutch). A win would take him forward, but he needs to move to better teams not worse teams. Loose the attitude jense.
Old 21 May 2003, 16:35 (Ref:606069)   #18
neilap
Veteran

Jamaica
neilap should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As for his personality, I think its great. He seems to be down to earth and very mature for his age. He has a lot of responsibility at age 22 or is it 23 now? At that age I could barely concentrate on school! Hopefully he stays at BAR, the team is getting better and so is the car. I know that Honda will deliver a winning motor in the next couple of years and since there is a joint effort on the chassis side I expect them to be ahead of Williams soon.
Old 21 May 2003, 16:49 (Ref:606080)   #19
Testure
Veteran

Testure should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by neilap
As for his personality *snip*
Interesting how people are divided over his personality. Some people think he's a happy, smiling, mature guy, I think he comes across as a total knob. Nice guy though!

He's doing well this year, though, isn't he? I honestly thought he was going to get a severe pasting from Jacques and even though we're only 6 races in and taking car reliability into account, it doesn't look like it's going to happen. I really like seeing drivers settling into F1 and improving. I hate it so much when people sometimes get turfed out after 1 season or even less. He looked so hopeless at times against Fisichella, but he's really improved over the last 12 months. Good on him.
Old 21 May 2003, 20:15 (Ref:606241)   #20
cds_uk
Veteran

England
Kesgrave, Suffolk, UK
cds_uk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not really a Jenson fan but he is doing okay this year isn`t he, i thought Jacques would give him a pasting aswell i have to say but it is obvious now that JB is Dave Richards golden boy in the team and the whole reliability issue seems to be getting to Jacques, having said that am i the only one who thinks that when both cars where working in Austria JV had the edge on Jenson all weekend. My main problem with JB is i cant really see him ammounting to much more than a Frentzen, maybe 2 or 3 wins but no way a world champ, when it boils down to it you have Kimi , Juan, Alonso and Webber who have all come into F1 after him and have all stolen his thunder, add to that the trouncing he took off Fisi and it all makes him look no more than competent in my books, then again i`m not a F1 team boss am i.
Old 21 May 2003, 21:59 (Ref:606332)   #21
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by Miss Hardt
I think it's time for F1 to accept drivers from the other places. You are too patriotic.
This coming from someone who's country has 4 drivers in F1. I don't see it as patriotism, if their good enough they stay,if not, their out. (and that includes pay drivers)
Old 21 May 2003, 23:26 (Ref:606403)   #22
Jordi
Veteran

Catalonia
Vilafranca del Penedés, CATALONIA
Jordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You know from where is Miss Hardt, mr v? She's never been German...

On the Jacques vs Jenson thing, I've heard or read somewhere that they were getting along a bit better after all. So, maybe Jacques is respecting him. (But even if he respects Jenson, it doesn't make Jacques' car any more reliable!)
Old 22 May 2003, 08:11 (Ref:606545)   #23
DavidStHubbins
Veteran

United Kingdom
DavidStHubbins should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It seems Irish people on this forum do not like Button!? Testure and Paddywic?
Old 22 May 2003, 14:25 (Ref:606909)   #24
Smokey 6 litre
Veteran

England
The Total Perspective Vortex
Smokey 6 litre should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Miss Hardt
You are too patriotic.
RULE BRITANIA, BRITA....oh, maybe your right
Old 22 May 2003, 14:46 (Ref:606927)   #25
garcon
Weasel Wrangler
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
During the race on Sunday (or was it qualifying Saturday?), Brundle said that Button and Villeneuve had been seen chatting away and laughing together, which suggests that the original tension between the two (if it actually existed beyond the media hype surrounding JV's wilder remarks) has dissipated somewhat, and at least some kind of constructive, co-operative detante has broken out.

You only need to read my posts elsewhere to see I'm not JV's greatest fan, but Brundle's comments suggest to me that JV is now respecting Button a little more (and vice versa). I guess JV always suspects the worst of a new teammate until he's proven otherwise.

That's kind of beside the point of the thread though

Jenson is doing very well. It shows that the early promise he showed in his first year hasn't disappeared. Whether he's future WDC material remains to be seen - I'm sure us Brits'll love him more if he's a galant failure than if he's the next Schumy anyway