Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 7 Mar 2024, 08:45 (Ref:4200315)   #26
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Could've run it the week before the AGP.

Pitch it against whatever the NRL did in Vegas, and the supposed race in Bahrain, with Bathurst being fresh in the punters' minds being only a fortnight before.

They could be out of there Sunday night, before the AGP riff-raff move in.
Old 7 Mar 2024, 09:38 (Ref:4200328)   #27
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umai Naa View Post

Pitch it against whatever the NRL did in Vegas, and the supposed race in Bahrain, with Bathurst being fresh in the punters' minds being only a fortnight before.

They could be out of there Sunday night, before the AGP riff-raff move in.

Thought of that too - could see some huge problems with the locals & guarantees given to them about how long the process takes.

Not being negative here - just can’t see it happening.
Old 8 Mar 2024, 08:01 (Ref:4200443)   #28
V8 Fireworks
Veteran

V8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Is it any more expensive that shutting down the Gold Coast for a couple of weeks? Or Homebush when it was still alive? Or Newcastle?

Yes it is Melbourne... but there is no reason to suggest its impossible.. with the right level of government support..
Just go and race at Winton and Phillip Island for the Victorian rounds. They are perfectly good circuits even if Sandown is sadly no longer available. That is 100% on Supercars for not going to PI and Winton... No Government support should be needed to run a domestic touring car round.

Quote:
With 1/10th the crowd of the actual Grand Prix (if you're lucky)? It will look as ridiculous as the Bathurst 500...

You can drop the Grand Prix support meeting and race the week before, that's fine. Just go and book Phillip Island for the week before. The small crowd would be more appropriate and typical at Phillip Island.

Last edited by V8 Fireworks; 8 Mar 2024 at 08:09.
Old 8 Mar 2024, 09:53 (Ref:4200457)   #29
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Perhaps Mr Fox could lower his track hire fees to make an event there sustainable?
Old 8 Mar 2024, 10:11 (Ref:4200459)   #30
V8 Fireworks
Veteran

V8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Perhaps Mr Fox could lower his track hire fees to make an event there sustainable?
ARG/Shannon's Nationals can afford it. Various state rounds and historic events can afford PI fees too. The fees can't be that bad, can they?!
Old 8 Mar 2024, 10:43 (Ref:4200462)   #31
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Fireworks View Post
ARG/Shannon's Nationals can afford it. Various state rounds and historic events can afford PI fees too. The fees can't be that bad, can they?!

Different fees for different events.
Old 9 Mar 2024, 01:15 (Ref:4200552)   #32
Alan52
Veteran

Australia
Glenmore Park
Alan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAlan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourer View Post
Different fees for different events.
Also Supercars mostly won’t pay track hire fees themselves instead hitting up state government taxpayers for their expenses.
Old 11 Mar 2024, 04:22 (Ref:4200772)   #33
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
bluesport User had had their licence endorsedbluesport User had had their licence endorsed
New car for Waters.

https://www.supercars.com/news/water...ckford-mustang
Old 12 Mar 2024, 21:36 (Ref:4201056)   #34
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
bluesport User had had their licence endorsedbluesport User had had their licence endorsed
New approach.

https://www.supercars.com/news/water...thurst-stumble
Old 19 Mar 2024, 00:21 (Ref:4201838)   #35
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Updated thread title… V8Supercars seems to have tripped over a naming rights sponsor. Not that there was a press release about it anywhere…
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 19 Mar 2024, 08:36 (Ref:4201852)   #36
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
So… 4 races. 4 different winners.. please..
Two Ford, 2 Chev..
Old 19 Mar 2024, 12:08 (Ref:4201866)   #37
v8supes
Veteran

v8supes should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
In the UK we will see the races next week. Lets hope they are worth waiting for..
Old 20 Mar 2024, 00:35 (Ref:4201925)   #38
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
So… 4 races. 4 different winners.. please..
Two Ford, 2 Chev..
No news on transient dyno testing so I think it could be 4 wins to Chev.
Old 20 Mar 2024, 01:46 (Ref:4201928)   #39
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....

A new sponsor for Erebus…
Old 20 Mar 2024, 02:18 (Ref:4201929)   #40
cavvy
Veteran

cavvy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
sustainable for who ?

Quote:
In the days Coch0 ran the show he ruthlessly made sure there were more events than were circuits looking to run championship rounds.

Whomever of Lindsays family run Phillip Island these days would be well aware of the cost of opening (& closing) the venue.
Not running there is not in the best interests of V8 Supercars imho.
Old 20 Mar 2024, 02:45 (Ref:4201930)   #41
Alan52
Veteran

Australia
Glenmore Park
Alan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAlan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by cavvy View Post
In the days Coch0 ran the show he ruthlessly made sure there were more events than were circuits looking to run championship rounds.

Whomever of Lindsays family run Phillip Island these days would be well aware of the cost of opening (& closing) the venue.
Not running there is not in the best interests of V8 Supercars imho.
I think you misremember the Cochrane years.He was brutal at cutting permanent circuits off the schedule.He made sure there were less events than circuits looking to run rounds.
Old 20 Mar 2024, 09:12 (Ref:4201946)   #42
banksie
Racer

Australia
Victoria
banksie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesport View Post
No news on transient dyno testing so I think it could be 4 wins to Chev.
Let's be very clear why the testing has been delayed. Ford (DJR) have not decided on its engine configuration to put forward. This isn't Supercar's fault, it's Ford's.
Old 20 Mar 2024, 10:39 (Ref:4201964)   #43
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by banksie View Post
Let's be very clear why the testing has been delayed. Ford (DJR) have not decided on its engine configuration to put forward. This isn't Supercar's fault, it's Ford's.
I'm not blaming anyone, I just said "no news".
Old 20 Mar 2024, 20:19 (Ref:4202049)   #44
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by banksie View Post
Probably waiting for the dashboard design to be finalised
Old 21 Mar 2024, 09:34 (Ref:4202086)   #45
Vassago
Rookie

Vassago should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Feeney & Brown 1-2 in the first race. Yawn. De Pasquale actually took the lead at the start but outbraked himself into T3 and lost more places as the race went on so he had no pace to win it anyway.

Many incidents down the field. Evans rear-ended the wall in the final corner and spend the entire race lapping 3-4 secs. off everyone's pace. No meatball flag was issued and the big chunk of rear spoiler that flew off the car landed on the grass outside of the actual track.
Old 21 Mar 2024, 10:32 (Ref:4202089)   #46
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Everyone seemed very excited about SpongeBob
Old 21 Mar 2024, 15:41 (Ref:4202131)   #47
pach233
Veteran

United States
Greenville, SC
pach233 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpach233 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
In actual good news, Supercars figured out a way to show the races to international viewers. So those that subscribe to Superview can watch live on YT. First time I can watch this event in a while.
Old 22 Mar 2024, 04:53 (Ref:4202190)   #48
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Frosty to P2…
The commentary team kinda wrote him off after a relatively poor Bathurst..

The Red Bulls are definitely consistent..

And Mr Mostert seems to have left his luck at home again
Old 22 Mar 2024, 05:08 (Ref:4202192)   #49
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
Amazing, a ford team actually got onto the podium.
Old 22 Mar 2024, 05:43 (Ref:4202195)   #50
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesport View Post
Amazing, a ford team actually got onto the podium.
It’s a Nissan team isn’t it