Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Clubmans Rallycross Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Rallying & Rallycross

Old 27 Sep 2014, 19:24 (Ref:3458168)   #1
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Tempest Rally - Aldershot 8th November

Any tententhers going? Never been before myself but I'm planning to this year and was wondering about other spectaors experiences of this event.
Old 28 Sep 2014, 19:26 (Ref:3458422)   #2
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
I've competed on it once (normally I'm on tarmac but this was a one-off co-drive with a different driver). Some very good stages - although I think some of them have changed recently. Rushmoor Arena is an easy spectating location but isn't a traditional rally stage as such (it's more like a single venue type of stage). The runs through the forest at Longmoor were good fun and you could certainly get some speed up along the straight sections - very bumpy though!

It normally runs with the 2 and 4 wheel drive cars running the stages in a different order (to give the 2wd cars the chance to run through some of the stages before they've been churned up by the 4wd cars. The stages are generally quite close together (with the exception of Longmoor) so you can probably catch a couple of different stages - more so if you skip some of the runs to just concentrate on your favourite cars.
Old 29 Sep 2014, 08:23 (Ref:3458517)   #3
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I missed it last year (for the first time in 6 years!), but I'm definitely going again this year.

Easily my most local gravel rally and always an excellent day out. Its only a one day event, but there has been a really good entry in both the four wheel and two wheel drive classes the last few years.

Unless you have kids (or you don't want to get muddy) then I would avoid Rushmoor Arena: its pretty dull for spectating compared to the "proper" stages in the woods. Warren is probably my fave of the lot, as movement within the stage is very easy.

As Bert said Longmoor is a bit further out, but all the stages are in close proximity really. If you get your timing right you can normally see at least four stages in a day (in 2012 I actually managed to fit in 6). As with any rally your best bet is to wait for the timetable to be issued, then sit down with a map and plan your day.
Old 29 Sep 2014, 16:23 (Ref:3458628)   #4
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks for the information guys, I wasn't aware that you could access areas other than the arena, I need to dig out an OS map!
Old 4 Nov 2014, 08:45 (Ref:3471467)   #5
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Only a couple of days to this, really looking forward to it!
Old 11 Nov 2014, 17:12 (Ref:3473708)   #6
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Weather turned to rubbish in the afternoon, but still a brilliant day of rallying.

As well as the rallying I also got to see one of the RAF Land Rover teams attempt their first aerobatic display...

...good take off, but the landing needed some work.