Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 30 Jul 2008, 05:19 (Ref:2260067)   #1
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Pro Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Daniel Riccardo or Brendan Hartley at STR?

these 2 look very promising and i wouldn't mind seeing these 2 have abit of a test bofore season is out, Riccardo had a good resault in F3 euro last weekend beating some big boys it's just a shame he stalled on the grid. Hartley has had abit of a go in the STR but not much so it would be pretty even, if they had it in the RB4 as a shootout for test driver for next year considering it looks abit likely that Buemi will be at STR next year although i wouldn't mind a shootout between the 3 for the ride but obviously Buemi's f1 experience will get him the gig. jeeez STR love the name Sebastian.
Old 30 Jul 2008, 05:51 (Ref:2260073)   #2
FPV GTHO
Veteran

Australia
St Marys, NSW
FPV GTHO should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think its a bit premature for these 2 considering the talent ahead of them in the Red Bull chain, and thats considering Berger would even be considerng more Red Bull drivers with the impending sale of the team.
Old 30 Jul 2008, 06:12 (Ref:2260075)   #3
TilkeWannabe
Veteran

Australia
Geraldton, W.A. or Beached is bro!
TilkeWannabe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I agree with FPV GTHO, there are more than just those 2 to choose from. Brendon Hartley I've mentioned a few times before and I would like him to get a seat at STR, but driver have gone straight to F1 after just getting out of FRenault (Raikkonen, Massa), so I wouldn't put Ricciardo out of contention for a seat in the future, but on experience, it has to be Hartley.
Old 30 Jul 2008, 07:16 (Ref:2260095)   #4
nic.v814
Racer

New Zealand
Perth
nic.v814 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
hartley all the way
Old 30 Jul 2008, 07:58 (Ref:2260127)   #5
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
Hartley is a real talent, but at present seems to lack consistency. On his day though, he looks mustard. In a few years, I reckon he'll be in F1, but 2009 would be too soon. I don't really know enough about Riccardo to comment, but thanks for the heads-up.

I think Senna and Bourdais will line up for STR next season.
Old 30 Jul 2008, 08:36 (Ref:2260145)   #6
Hepatic
Veteran

United Kingdom
Preston-ish
Hepatic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridHepatic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hartley is in no way ready yet, he needs more race experience and would probably need to go the GP2 route for a few years before a full move to F1. Agree he's got some great potential, even if his team mate is beating him at present
Old 30 Jul 2008, 09:54 (Ref:2260171)   #7
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!
Has nobody noticed that Brendon Hartley isn't out of short trousers yet? I think 2009 would be a bit premature for an entry into F1. I agree with Super Hans, I'd expect that Senna will take over from Vettel next season.
"The more I see of the world, the more am I dissatisfied with it; every day confirms my belief of the inconsistency of all human characters, and of the little dependence which can be placed on the appearance of either merit or sense." -- Elizabeth Bennet, 'Pride & Prejudice'
Old 30 Jul 2008, 11:49 (Ref:2260237)   #8
nycuk
Veteran

England
Banbury, Oxfordshire, England
nycuk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Both are looking good this year, if we're talking Red Bull affiliation then I'd add Jaime Alguersuarri to the list too. But in reality next season is just too early for any of them.
Old 30 Jul 2008, 12:10 (Ref:2260249)   #9
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
While Red Bull have decent affiliated drivers in GP2, I can't see them going to an F3 driver, even though they've got some promising guys at that level. Maybe Berger will have his choice of Bruno Senna, and Dieter M will have the other choice (Bourdais or Buemi, depending on what Seb does for the rest of the year?)
Old 30 Jul 2008, 12:38 (Ref:2260272)   #10
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Absolutely agree with genral consensus so far. Both youngsters are clearly talented but Red Bull has some well known names already within spitting distance of an F1 drive ahead of them.

I'd pick both drivers to be F1 front runners in 3-4 years time though.....
Old 31 Jul 2008, 01:55 (Ref:2260654)   #11
TilkeWannabe
Veteran

Australia
Geraldton, W.A. or Beached is bro!
TilkeWannabe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sebastien Buemi would have to be considered before either Hartley and Ricciardo now that I think of it.
Old 31 Jul 2008, 04:43 (Ref:2260694)   #12
Nivola
Racer

Nivola should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Do I see right a Western Australian boy being talked about. Oh my god this cant be true!

Dan is the son of one Joe Riccardo for all those that dont know.
Old 31 Jul 2008, 04:50 (Ref:2260697)   #13
FPV GTHO
Veteran

Australia
St Marys, NSW
FPV GTHO should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TilkeWannabe
Sebastien Buemi would have to be considered before either Hartley and Ricciardo now that I think of it.
Senna, Chandhok and Jani would probably be considered before as well. Maybe Ammermuller too.
Old 31 Jul 2008, 05:12 (Ref:2260709)   #14
Kiwi3
Veteran

New Zealand
Beijing
Kiwi3 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKiwi3 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FPV GTHO
Senna, Chandhok and Jani would probably be considered before as well. Maybe Ammermuller too.
The same Ammermuller that couldn't get around a lap in A1GP without knocking someone else off? Really?

F1 seems to have passed Jani by but I agree with Senna or Chandhok, the latter as much to do with promoting F1 in India than with his speed (Senna always seems a bit quicker).
Old 31 Jul 2008, 06:18 (Ref:2260722)   #15
META4
Veteran

META4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Honestly since Jany and Ammermueller are not part of the RedBull Junior team anymore , theirs chance to get to STR are almost zero

Maybe Buemi has a chance ...
Old 31 Jul 2008, 07:43 (Ref:2260770)   #16
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwi3
The same Ammermuller that couldn't get around a lap in A1GP without knocking someone else off? Really?

F1 seems to have passed Jani by but I agree with Senna or Chandhok, the latter as much to do with promoting F1 in India than with his speed (Senna always seems a bit quicker).
I think Chandhok will be an F1 driver in 2009, but with Force India rather than STR.
Old 31 Jul 2008, 09:20 (Ref:2260824)   #17
motofan
Racer

motofan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i reackon ricciardo will ge the seat wat he did in that f3 car on the weekend was nothing short of brilliant putin it on p8 second time in an f3 in the top young gun series in the world against a bunch of competitors who raced last year and performing better than his team mates was exceptional weekend for him bar that last race
Old 31 Jul 2008, 09:26 (Ref:2260826)   #18
Kiwi3
Veteran

New Zealand
Beijing
Kiwi3 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKiwi3 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I agree it was impressive, but Hartley also did extremely well at the Zandvoort masters last year in his first F3 drive (qualified 4th or something from memory).
Old 1 Aug 2008, 03:06 (Ref:2261392)   #19
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Pro Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Hans
I think Chandhok will be an F1 driver in 2009, but with Force India rather than STR.
i was thinking the exact same thing i wouldnt be surprised to see a Fisi/Chandhok line-up TBH.
Old 1 Aug 2008, 17:48 (Ref:2261760)   #20
Icebaby
Veteran

Icebaby should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Senna's got his name written all over the seat a Torro Rosso with links to Berger and derserves a run in F1 in 09.
Old 2 Aug 2008, 20:34 (Ref:2262256)   #21
ivanalesi
Veteran

Bulgaria
ivanalesi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don't know about Daniel or Brendan, but this guy Bottas is completely nuts! I would definetely like to see him in F1. You're not supposed to be over 1 second faster than anyone in qualifying for FRenault, no matter how fast is the field. Out of the 14 races he has contested this season, he's got pole for 12! 2 misses in Eurocup. On race pace, he seems to get nervous for some reason, but on ultimate qualifying pace he's insanely fast.
Old 2 Aug 2008, 21:57 (Ref:2262290)   #22
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icebaby
Senna's got his name written all over the seat a Torro Rosso with links to Berger and derserves a run in F1 in 09.
Yeah, I'd say all bets were off on that one.
Old 2 Aug 2008, 23:53 (Ref:2262343)   #23
Armco Bender
Llama Assassin and Sheep Botherer
Veteran

New Zealand
International Sheep Ambassador
Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!
Little doubt that Hartley is being groomed for F1.
Old 3 Aug 2008, 11:51 (Ref:2262545)   #24
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ivanalesi
I don't know about Daniel or Brendan, but this guy Bottas is completely nuts! On race pace, he seems to get nervous for some reason, but on ultimate qualifying pace he's insanely fast.
Yep as in the 'Top 3 in 2011' thread, he's definitely a driver to watch..... He's made mincemeat of Hegewald, who I thought based on some performances last season, looked lightning good as well. Tobias is quick, and knows it but he must have been completely blown away by this new Finn!!!
Old 3 Aug 2008, 20:06 (Ref:2262793)   #25
Speedworx
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northamptonshire
Speedworx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Its too earlyfor Hartley. He's ok-ish in British F3.

STR in 09 imo, will be Buemi and Senna.